Massive EVE Online Superbattle Blocks The Stars

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That looked really damn cool. When the camera was zoomed in, i was really impressed at how huge some of the ships were, like that kinda mushroom-shaped one. Really damn huge compared to most of the stuff there. I wonder if it was the biggest ship out there.

Also, a bit of a shame they cut out the chat after a few minutes, it sounded like something actual spaceship captains and such would say during battles. Or something like that. Kinda. My point is, it sounded awesome.

So, yeah. In one word, this looked really damn awesome.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Wow. This is insane...

I feel really bad for some people seeing all of this money literally go to waste, though.

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
There are a lot of misconceptions about Eve. It was mostly game time wasted rather than wasted money.

One of the things that stopped my friends playing was their excuse that they "had no time". Unlike other games, you gain xp over time, so the longer your account is active the more xp you have (so you don't even need to log in much at all). Plus, it doesn't take much effort to be able to play the game for free. If this war against the CFC comes to fruition, we will see more fights like this in the coming months.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
Holy shit. Goonswarm got their asses handed to them.

And that's.... how many Avatars on average in each screenshot???

I need to get back into EVE.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
I love how I came here to see this out of curiosity, and then watching the video, "Two Steps from Hell" music came on. That certainly was a good choice. Epic music for an epic battle.

rickynumber24

Feb 25, 2011
Spartan448 said:
Holy shit. Goonswarm got their asses handed to them.

And that's.... how many Avatars on average in each screenshot???

I need to get back into EVE.
According to this:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=16069454
(That page has a really hard time with "sides" because of the chaos involved. I think most of the ships are listed on both sides.)

At least 29 titans were on field. 11 of those were Avatars. Most of them were from the CFC; 3 of those were lost, one to a disconnection. Where this fight took place, supercarriers and dreadnoughts both provide better DPS than titans, because they couldn't use their DDD.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I always play EVE, stop for a few months or a year and then go back to play it for a bit but I just can't stick with it. I love hearing those stories and it makes me want to start again but I know I wouldn't play for very long. Maybe it only really gets fun when you join the big Corporation, which I never did.

However, this story is just awesome and what's better is the fact that this is even possible. Certainly one of EVE's strong points.