Master of Orion Review - A Stellar Recreation

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Master of Orion Review - A Stellar Recreation

The races of the original Master of Orion have influenced sci-fi gaming for years, and they're finally back, in full HD.

Read Full Article

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
It would have fit better if you compared it to Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares, which was the one that really set the standard. The first game was kind of a horribly unbalanced mess that didn't really play like 4x titles as we know them. Where MoO2 set the standard we all came to know and expect from turn based strategy games.

Edit: I should say that Master of Orion 2 held up a lot better than X-Com: UFO Defense and X-Com: Terror From the Deep ever could have hoped to. It's still one of the most heavily played strategy games to this day, the new remake doesn't hold a candle to MoO2, same as Master of Orion 3 failed to hold up to the standard it's predecessor set.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
It's very fun, and it's on GOG so no damn DRM.

My only real 'beef' with the game is that, if you try and go for a total pacifist run...you need to cheat, even on the lowest difficulty.

mtarzaim02

Jan 23, 2014
Tanis said:
My only real 'beef' with the game is that, if you try and go for a total pacifist run...you need to cheat, even on the lowest difficulty.
IRL, we call it Politics.
Worked well for some people... The trick is to let death gets you before judges do.