Master of Puppets, A Madman's RP (Closed, Started)

King Kazma

Apr 25, 2013
"Seems enough like the plot to a movie anyways. Well, some crappy B movie. And uhh, names Tom. Not much of a pleasure to meet you like this, but I'll take what I can get". Tom squirmed in his suit of ice. Trying to free himself of the ice. This stuff wasn't budging thats for sure. Tom let out a puff or air in frustration. "It would be nice for a set of instructions for this... power".

Now Tom was a rather clever guy. He'd been able to figure out problems and get out of a few jams before. This one though was quite the jar of pickles. Physical movement on his part was not gona break it, and Seth said it looked to thick to break anyways. His impaired motion didn't afford such observations though. Mind over matter seemed to be the way to go. He never bought into that crap on TV infomercials but it was all he had. "While I think of a way out of this, see if that jerk who was talking to us is still listening".

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
"I didn't get the best of looks at it, sorry to say." said Allison. "Though judging by the rather generous scorch-marks on the ceiling," she continued, indicating the black and smoky plaster above them, "And your Sonic The Hedgehog hairdo," she continued, nodding at Adrian's frizzled and spiky hair, "I'd say that either you shot a bolt of lightning, or somehow electrocuted yourself. Probably both, come to think of it."

She stood back up, throwing half a glance at the gun to make sure it was still where she'd left it. "As for me, yeah, I haven't the foggiest what I'm supposed to do with this."

She looked down at herself, part human and part sapient fishbowl. She agreed with Adrian that staying like this wasn't ideal.

"It doesn't take any focus to stay like this." she said, in answer to Adrian's question. "The hard part isn't staying transformed, it's the transforming itself."

She tried to imagine turning back to normal, blotches of skin appearing in the clear water of her arms, but none appeared. She tried to visualize the water disappearing or dissipating, but to no avail. Frustrated with her own body's refusal to co-operate, she looked around the room: Adrian, looking a little haggard and worse for wear; the booth window, lying shattered and soaked; the gun, lying on the watercooler.

Watercooler...

Allison's thought about the watercooler, of the handle being pushed down and the water swirling out, draining in one long stream. She held out her arm, closed her eyes, and tried as hard as she could to imagine the water draining away, as if she too had a handle somewhere being pushed down. She could see it so clearly in her head: a small trickle growing bigger, the water trickling to the floor from her elbow. She could hear the water clattering so vividly, so clearly.

Wait, a minute: she could hear it. Her eyes flying open, Allison did indeed see the water falling to the floor from her elbow. And as more and more water drained from her aquatic form, more and more of her own flesh, blood and clothing reappeared.

"This work for you?" she said, turning to face Adrian.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
Michael wasn't sure what to make of the woman approaching him. She was attractive and she knew it (there was no way she'd be walking around with her zipper that low in such freezing weather unless it was deliberate), but women young enough to be his daughter generally weren't his type. She seemed friendly enough though, and if she had a power like he did, she hadn't tried murdering him on sight, which was always a bonus.

"Yeah well, looks like your stuck with me. And whoever else that mad fucker might have thrown in here with us. Pocket dimensions, my ass."

Now that she'd got closer, he could see was wearing some form of orange jumpsuit. He knew where people normally wore that kind of thing, but who knew what kids these days wore for the sake of fashion. He also noticed she was limping quite heavily.

"You okay with that leg, can you walk?" he asked. "And for jesus sake, zip that damn top up. You no use to anyone with hypothermia."

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Oh, so he's gay. Nora thought to herself, as she zipped the front of the jumpsuit back up. Not that she had anything against those who were. She'd ended up in prison for acting gay after all. It did complicate her situation slightly, but he showed concern for her well being. A sign of weakness, and a sign that he probably wasn't interested in blowing her up. Something she could exploit.

God, she wished she had his power in that moment. Her own power was defensive in its nature, unless she messed up, she should be able to do what the voice from earlier wanted without using it. A baseball bat wasn't the most efficient murder weapon either, but it would have to do. She just needed to be careful, wait for the right moment.

"It hurts..." She groaned, limped one last step and then stopped. "I.. I don't know if I can walk much further. Hopefully there's no psycho in here planning to do what the madman wanted. You seem like a nice enough fella."

Nora bent down, to check her leg. It didn't hurt half as bad as she wanted him to believe, but it wasn't healed either. "Why do you think anyone would do this to us?" She asked, with a pathetically weak voice, that disgusted herself.

Pm0n3y

An emaciated shadow
Jul 29, 2009
Adrian took a moment to mull over some of the things the little brit said as she slowly tried recollecting herself. "So, I ended up with electricity powers." He mumbled, smoothing down his now frizzled hair as he looked on. Allison made an observation on the difficulty of controlling her abilities, and Adrian sighed at the theory.

"So we'll be relying on spontaneity nine times out of ten, making our powers almost useless." He mumbled some more. Looking into his hands, Adrian took a step back from Allison. "I guess that puts me at a advantage when it comes to our powersets. Sort of. I can't seem to get it going..." He mumbled (a little more audibly this time). His eyes lowered some as he gazed into his closed palms and curling fingers.

"If it's not a focus thing, then maybe..." Adrian's hands closed into fists as he started putting pressure on his body. "Hrrrnnnggg..." He groaned through gritted teeth as he started clenching as tightly as he could. "Maybe I could make something before I end up shitting myself." He thought as he began increasing the pressure. Blzzt. Crzzlt. Sure enough, crackling sensations began generating at his core and buzzing in his ears. He could both see and feel the tingle of arcs and sparks traveling up, down, and around him. "Ha! It's actually working!" He realized in some elation as the hair on his head began standing back up. He began slowly opening his fists, and watched as the unharnessed electricity began traveling into his palms, as if they were travelling towards an output.

"...This work for you?" Came from Allison, indicating that she was whole again. Adrian halted his power-up sequence, deciding he'd continue it later. "I confirmed that I, in fact, have these powers. That's good enough progress for me." "Yup. That's fantastic. C'mon, let's move." Adrian began towards the entrance. "Oh, uh, don't forget your gun. Never know when that might come in handy." He added as he held the door open.

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
Apologies for the delay on this one: a somewhat unexpected hospital-visit delayed things. I am back now, but this will be only post for the day.
"Never know when that might come in handy."

It was phrase that in Allison's mind belonged to utility-knives, rolls of duct tape, and items given by old men who insist it's dangerous to go alone. It seemed horribly inappropriate to something as efficiently lethal as a handgun. Nevertheless, she grabbed it off the watercooler again and stuffed it back into its original pocket which had now dried to a mere mild dampness.

"Thanks for the reminder." she said, as calmly and collectedly as she could, "Let me just quickly check that booth; I wasted two perfectly good rounds getting in there."

Delicately, and avoiding as many sharp stabby things as she could, Allison climbed back into the booth. There wasn't any food, and the landline phone wouldn't even dignify with her a dial-tone, let alone actual functionality. There was a binder with a list of all the rooms in the building, but no accompanying list of residents. The most it told her was that the building had 5 floors and a door to the roof. Whooptie-feckin-doo.

"Piss it all." she swore, tossing the binder. "You got any ideas for what we do next?" she asked Adrian, clambering back out.

"I mean," she began, passing through the door he'd so courteously held open, "I'm going to assume we're not ticking each others boxes for a while yet, so what do we do instead? Should we try to get out of here, or find the guy who did this? I'm trying my bloody hardest to remember what the git actually said."

Pm0n3y

An emaciated shadow
Jul 29, 2009
"You got any ideas for what we do next?...what do we do instead?" Adrian didn't immediately answer the redundant queries, too busy staring into the uncharacteristically gray-white sky to address her. "How did we get here...?"

His eyes traveled down the sidewalk. The block ended in what seemed to be a literal wall of thick, grey fog. He put on an expression of inquiry as he continued scanning the surroundings, raising an eyebrow as he looked upon the vacant windows and deserted stoops, yards, and rooftops. Some of the brownstones had doors, most didn't. Then, Allison's queries bumped back to top priority. "What do we do?"

"We're gonna find a way out of this place, that's what." He turned round to face the shorter girl. He began pacing as he rambled out a plan. "How'd we get here? I doubt you know, but we had to have been transported here some type of way, right? There could be some sort of, I dunno, hidden passage way, or clever trapdoor that gets us out of this so-called "pocket dimension" (which, i'm almost entirely certain can't be achieved without ripping a hole into spacetime itself, and I doubt that **** has the access to achieve such tampering...). I hope. (I mean, i'm still trying to deny these things, and yet I can generate electricity from nothing...and he said that we can't die, so that either means he's lying, or we're maybe in some sort of really elaborate computer simulation or dream machine...Rrr!)"

Adrian tried coming to terms with his situation. "The more I think about it, the more it all seems like it shouldn't be able to happen! It's like we're trapped inside some sort of science fiction movie!" He ceased the pacing, and let out a sigh. "Alright, ignore all of that. We're getting out of here. We're gonna scour this place until we find something that gets us out of here, and back into the real world. Even if we have to raze it all to the ground. Fuck the 'bots. They don't look like much, We can take 'em on, easy." He stepped into the street, and searched the surroundings again. "Their doesn't seem to be any alleyways in this environment, so the exit could be inside any of these places. Or, maybe in one these potholes. Let's get lookin'." He decided firmly.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"What the hell did you do to me!"

The car windows rained glass on Luke, and he was deafened from the explosion. It... sounded painful. Was that a dummy, or...?

"Does... does that mean I win?!" He called out to the voice of what might as well have been god. A cruel, malevolent one, but if this reality was his ***** then he'd get on his knee's and pray with all his goddamn might. The shadowy dome thingy (he decided to call it a 'cloak', it sounded cooler) began disintegrating from the top, allowing light in and for those outside to see a scared red headed kid looking over a car hood, brushing glass off his hair.

"Can I leave yet?"

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
As expected, there was no one willing to participate. He would have thought it'd be such a shame, except that just meant he could force them to die. Force the transformation they would go through when they would be revived. He aimed his mic only at dimension 2, with Tom and Seth, then began answering Tom's previous query. "The point is simply for me to enjoy your multiple deaths. The only winning move is not to play. Unfortunately, none of you have any choice!" Then he aimed his mic at all the other dimensions as well apart from dimension 1, with Jack and Luke. "It seems you are not willing to participate. Oh well. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't hoped it would come to this. There is no escape from this!"

He pressed a few buttons and in dimensions 2 - 5, a few killer robots appeared from which there was no escape. "Your deaths will be painful. You cannot escape from the robots. Not even you, teleportation boy. That I can guarantee." With a shrill laughter, he pressed another button to command the robots to go after and kill the eight subjects that he sent them after. Once they would kill them all once, they would disappear, but of course, he wouldn't tell them that.

Once that was done, he aimed his mic only towards dimension 1, to answer Luke. "No. You cannot leave. You did not win. He died and will be revived in a short moment, after which something will be different about him and you will continue with the game." He turned off the mic and now watched as several robots in each of dimensions 2 to 5 were going after each subject in each dimension, with much enjoyment.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
"No, I had a real massive headache there once we got in, but other than the fact that I'm in a jungle, this isn't very weird."

Felicity folded her arms as she listened. "Strange... Cause as soon my pain went away, I was suddenly on fire if you can believe it. But if it didn't happen to you, then..." she said before trailing off. Then why me?

"I think the headache's gone now, but yeah, starting to wish there was a banana tree or something around here. You don't happen to have any food or anything in that bag of yours, do ya Felicity?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm afraid I don't have any food on me. This isn't even my bag, it was just lying next to me when I woke up." She began scoping the trees around her. "But you do have a point. What are we supposed to do for food?" Felicity then began pacing back and forth. "What grows in a jungle anyway? With all of this fertile land, water, and sun, there's got to be something edible. Oh, but maybe they're poisonous... Maybe we need to hunt and cook some animals instead. Oh wait, what if they're carrying diseases? Not to mention it's probably no where near organic." She rubbed her temple as she groaned. "And here I thought farmland was challenging."

"It seems you are not willing to participate. Oh well. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't hoped it would come to this. There is no escape from this!" It was the same voice from before. Suddenly the ground opened up around them, several menacing robots rising from the darkness below. She and Alex were completely surrounded. "Your deaths will be painful. You cannot escape from the robots. Not even you, teleportation boy. That I can guarantee."

Felicity frantically grabbed her bag, trying to fish out the gun that laid at the bottom of the bag with trembling hands. "A-Alex! Do you know how to use this?" she asked when she finally had the gun in her hand and pulled it out of the bag. The robots took their aim. "ALEX!"

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Alex was disappointed to hear that there was no food in either of their possessions, and started to get even more disappointed when he heard Felicity going on about organic food. He was going to make a snide remark about her being a hippie when the Voice from beyond cut off his smart-alec thought process.

The lineman was caught off guard by the sudden appearance of more of those robots that the Voice had bluffed with earlier. "Your deaths will be painful. You cannot escape from the robots. Not even you, teleportation boy. That I can guarantee." "Who the fuck? Teleport-wha?" Confusion gave way to panic as the robots began to close in.

"A-Alex! Do you know how to use this? ALEX!"

Reminded that they weren't unarmed, Alex pulled out the revolver he had tucked in his pocket. "You just gotta squeeze it, Felicity! Pull the trigger and-" Alex fired away and fired away, but the bullets didn't even ricochet. The robots just absorbed all the shots taken in their armor, as they were proving to be bulletproof. They moved in, continuing to trap the humans in place.

"Shit!" Alex threw his gun at the robot in desperation, but again, nothing happened. "Felicity! Get outta here if you can! I'll try and distract them!" He charged at the robot, intent on blocking him like a Chippewa linebacker on a Saturday afternoon. The only difference was that the Chippewa weren't allowed to use guns like these robots. The hatch on the front opened up revealing what looked to be a mini-gun of sorts, and opened fire, blasting hole after hole into Alex's body before he collapsed backwards onto the jungle floor, dead to the world.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
"Your deaths will be painful. You cannot escape from the robots. Not even you, teleportation boy. That I can guarantee."

"Well there's your answer. I don't think they're going to wait for us to figure out how to use our powers. If we're going to figure them out it better be fast!" Seth said.

Seth turned his attention behind him where he saw that the robots were already there. Seth froze once he saw them, the large metallic creatures that shined in the sun. The three of them took aim at him, it was at that point that seth remembered that he had a gun. Grabbing the submachine gun at his side he brought the butt of the gun up to his shoulder and pulled the trigger. For what seemed like forever the gun made a loud noise and kicked back, digging the butt of the gun into his shoulder. In reality it was over in a second but to him it seemed like hours, as he watched each bullet clang off of the robots in front of him.

The gun finally stopped firing, the gun laid lifeless in his hand with an empty clip. His shoulder throbbed in pain but the robots in front of him were unfazed by the gunfire. Defeated he dropped the gun in his hands as the three robots shot at him. The gunfire stopped a few seconds later, seth had taken multiple shots to the chest. In a state of disbelief he looked at his chest and saw the wounds but felt no pain. He started feeling very light headed as the world started to become darker until he lacked the strength to stand any long. Falling backwards the last thing he saw was the sun, the light was short lived before the darkness and his death took over.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
"You just gotta squeeze it, Felicity! Pull the trigger and-" Watching her companion, she raised her own revolver and gingerly pulled the trigger. The force of the recoil was stronger than she imagined, her hands still shaking as she continued to fire over and over again until she depleted her weapon. She didn't know if she hit anything, but it sounded like Alex did--and the robots remained unharmed.

"Felicity! Get outta here if you can! I'll try and distract them!" Alex ran towards the robots, but before either of them could react the robots opened fire on him. In a matter of seconds, Alex was dead, his blood pouring into the fertile dirt.

"Oh no...Alex! A-Alex!" she stuttered as her legs shook. The robots then turned to her, where finally her flight instincts kicked in. Dropping her gun, she ran towards the trees, hoping to find some cover. Oh God, please no! Get away from me! Oh God! OH GOD! she repeated over and over again in her head.

Something grazed her leg, then struck her on the right side of her waist. The pain was unbearable as she ran, then she tumbled to the ground when a bullet struck her in the back of her left calf. The robots circled around her as she cried and begged for help, right until they unloaded another round of bullets into her body.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Once Felicity fell to the ground, the killbots seemed to dissolve back into the earth, leaving not a trace of their presence save for the two lifeless bodies on the jungle floor. However, life stirred in one of them as the blood that previously poured out of Alex returned to him and his eyes opened again.

"Hah! What that? Where?" He shouted incoherently, still in shock from the bulletstorm that he was drenched with. His chest was heaving as he tried to comprehend what had just happened to him and why he was still in the jungle. "What? Did I actually survive that? What..how?" He sat up, a movement much easier than it usually was and Alex quickly found out why.

This body was not the one that held back defensive linemen and protected his quarterback from harm. All the bulk the helped served that purpose was gone, leaving nothing but a skinny, lanky frame of a body. Jenny Craig could eat her heart out with that kind of rapid weight loss. At least 100 lbs had been lifted off him, yet his clothes still fit perfectly. Alex had to pat himself down a couple times just to make sure he wasn't in some weird dream state. "What the fuck?!? How did this....that Voice? He wasn't just yanking chains..."

He was so taken back by the sudden change in physique that he almost forgot he wasn't the only one that might have gotten a taste of death from those machines. "Felicity!" He stood up and almost threw himself back to the ground. His balance was going to need a few moments to readjust. "Felicity, talk to me! Are you here and alive?"

Pm0n3y

An emaciated shadow
Jul 29, 2009
"Your deaths will be painful. You cannot escape from the robots..." Adrian did his best to tune out the madman's empty threats as he proceeded down the street. The "threats", however, seemed a lot less empty once the boy took a look to the skies, and watched as collection of mechanical beings shimmered into existence above them. He began to clench again, steeling himself for potiential conflict.

"Here they come Allison, get ready-!" A robot slammed into the ground mere inches from the duo, drowning out his words. The shockwave and resulting crater left the sidewalk twisted and uneven. "Jesus-!" Adrian cried, stumbling back as rocky debris splashed about. It was an imitating entrance for sure, but Adrian still felt the two could pose an upper hand. "C'mon Allison, they can't touch us with our powers!" His resolve solidified further, and his fists began to crackle with the white-hot arcs of stimulated plasma. The towering autonomous death machine raised one of its arms, and a long-barrelled gauntlet raised out of it's wrist. Adrian did the same, raising his arms, taking aim at the 'bot.

...Now, this would've been the part where the mexican standoff would've reached a fever pitch and turned into a shootout. Instead, in his moment of bravado, Adrian failed to realize that he had no true grasp on his powers. Because of this, the arc of electricity he anticipated to shoot in the robot's direction never came. Before the thought could hit him, the 'bot's .905 caliber "Black Anaconda[sup][sup][sub][sub]TM[/sub][/sub][/sup][/sup]" high-powered rifle round hit him instead. A series of them, actually, exiting the metallic monstrosity's gauntlet-gun with a eerily silent PHUTPHUTPHUT, and penetrating Adrian with non-consensual prejudice. Exit wounds the size of baseballs were left on Adrian's person as the force threw him off his feet. All center mass shots, his innards were clearly on show as he landed at Allison's sandals.

"Glk, gk, ulrg gguk..." He proudly declared and twitched as blood bubbled from his mouth. "WOW that was a stupid move. Really dropped the ball with that one, Adrian." He berated himself with what thoughts he could still gather, Coughing up one last glob of the red stuff before slipping into unconsciousness.

The knockoff transmorpher then transfixed its sights onto the remaining target, a large minigun collapsing from its chest as it took aim upon her.

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
She stood in the doorway when it happened. She saw Adrian, the nice if slightly unkept man with his awful, singed hair, get blown apart. Blown apart. His red, soggy globules of flesh landing with an unceremonious wet thud. Daylight shining through the large, unsightly holes in his person. The cracks and holes in the road and pavement that looked more like the results of a bombing than mere bullet holes.

A few conflicting instincts ran through Allisons mind as the large minigun unfolded from the drone, but the one that ended up winning was mild terrified nausea. She managed to stay standing as a fairly large heave disposed of last night's dinner.

"Great." she said weakly. "Prob'ly the last food I'll ever get to eat, and I just spewed it over the pavement."

Looking back on it later, Allison would admit these were, to be honest, not very good last words.

The gun roared and spewed hot lead and hard tungsten, considerably louder than it had for Adrian, and for a fleeting moment Allison was briefly aware of a flaming, nigh-indescribable pain that began somewhere around her right thigh and ended somewhere in her left shoulder. She then fell backward - or at least her upper half did. Her bifurcated lower half begged to differ and slumped forward instead.

A few years ago, Allison had read an article about the French Revolution in a dog-eared issue of National Geographic. She'd read it mainly for the bits about Marie Antoinette, but one little tidbit had always stuck with her:

If you were executed at the guillotine, you didn't quite die the moment you lost your head. You actually had about 4 seconds of consciousness as a decapitated head, due to the blood and oxygen still left in your brain.

From where she lay, Allison could not speak. She could not move. She couldn't even blink. But she could see the drone retract its gun (which, now that she could see it without the terror of God murking her senses, she concluded was both ridiculously oversized and rather tacky). Then in her last few moments of consciousness, she saw the large metal monstrosities retreat, until they went past her peripheral vision and she lost sight of them.

This was the last thing she ever saw in that lifetime.

And it gave her an idea.