Mathieu Bellamont's motivation (Oblivion)

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
Irridium said:
Easton Dark said:
Lucien Lachance murdered his mother.
Yeah, this. Word for word.

You find out about it when you go into his room at Anvil's lighthouse. You find his journal, which explains everything, and his mother's severed head that he has apparently been keeping since her death.
that was one of the only moments in the game where i kinda went "Eww". But then i was a sick bastard and picked up the head and kept it. Interesting Point: if you drop the head in the final room where everyone from the order is, Bellamont is the only one who reacts to it.

I found it funny, and kinda gave away who was gonna do everyone in.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
lunncal said:
You can keep telling yourself that, but you murdered far more people than they ever did. Not to mention that if they're anything like the average Dark Brotherhood member, they've led rough lives and are accustomed to being rejected and hated. Then, when they are offered the chance to belong to a true family, how could they decline?

Just when they think they've finally found where they belong, with people who really care about them, BAM. You mercilessly slaughter them.

The Dark Brotherhood may be evil, maybe even disgusting, but one thing that can be said with absolute certainty about them is that they are loyal, and they care for one another. More than can be said for a traitor like you.
I...but...I...your right. Every word. And I don't mind. Caring gets in the way. You let someone get closer to you, all it means is that they need a shorter knife. Lucien was loyal, and look where he is. I wasn't, and look where I am. And victims of them, they might have also have just found a family, when the DB comes. And I should know; The Draconis gift list is still on my desk.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Richardplex said:
I...but...I...your right. Every word. And I don't mind. Caring gets in the way. You let someone get closer to you, all it means is that they need a shorter knife. Lucien was loyal, and look where he is. I wasn't, and look where I am. And victims of them, they might have also have just found a family, when the DB comes. And I should know; The Draconis gift list is still on my desk.
Bah, you'll get your comeuppance some day. I can understand being evil, or greedy, or sadistic, or pretty much anything... but being disloyal is inexcusable.

Dalvyn

Sep 4, 2011
I kind of felt bad for the guy. I was kind of happy he got to kill Lucien though. I myself went through the whole quest just so I could kill the Night Mother, but then it turned out she was invincible. Oh well.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
lunncal said:
Richardplex said:
lunncal said:
Richardplex said:
Richardplex said:
I doubt it would make a difference, the Dark Brotherhood effectively shuts down once you become leader anyway, plus Ocheeva handles pretty much everything anyway.

Regardless, Sithis shall visit you in the night, and you shall be punished for having such treasonous thoughts.

For your sake, I hope this is your first transgression.
Yes, I saw her new recruits.
They never had the chance to see me.
You're cold, man, and not even Dark Brotherhood cold. Those new recruits just want to help you and obey you, they consider themselves part of your family and all they want is to follow you. You could have took them with you on your crappy do-gooder quests and they would have willingly died for you, even if they didn't understand why.

Instead, you killed them. You "good guys" are all self-righteous hypocrites. You've murdered more innocents than they ever will.
I recall to method of entry is to kill. They were murderers already. And I need no followers. Those who blindly follows others into death, with no reason of their own, only the reason of the one they are following, are easily manipulated, and are what is wrong with the world. I make sure they have a swift death, even if they aren't even 10. He did worship the ground I walked on, he bowed down to the floor.

...But it's for the greater good, honest!
You can keep telling yourself that, but you murdered far more people than they ever did. Not to mention that if they're anything like the average Dark Brotherhood member, they've led rough lives and are accustomed to being rejected and hated. Then, when they are offered the chance to belong to a true family, how could they decline?

Just when they think they've finally found where they belong, with people who really care about them, BAM. You mercilessly slaughter them.

The Dark Brotherhood may be evil, maybe even disgusting, but one thing that can be said with absolute certainty about them is that they are loyal, and they care for one another. More than can be said for a traitor like you.
No. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShutUpHannibal]

I have no choice at that time. I could not go forgo Lucein word.

Yes, I murdered people in very cruel ways. But I've never ever would of murdered those people. We were under attack by an Traitor. Pray tell, tell me that you have a way to discover who the traitor was at the time?

I didn't want to do it.