Max Payne 3 Getting Cheater Internment Camps

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Max Payne 3 Getting Cheater Internment Camps

Max Payne 3 cheaters aren't being banned, instead they're only being allowed to play against other cheaters.

I think it's fair to say that Max Payne 3 has a bit of a cheater problem. Fortunately, Rockstar has come up with a novel way of discouraging filthy rule-breakers:

Anyone found to have used hacked saves, modded games, or other exploits to gain an unfair advantage in Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, or to circumvent the leader-boards will be quarantined from all other players into a "Cheaters Pool", where they'll only be able to compete in multiplayer matches with other confirmed miscreants.
Should Rockstar eventually decide to forgive the cheaters for their sins, then they may once again frolic with the general public. A second offense however, will result in their eternal exile to the land of the aimbots. A cheaters-only pool? That reminds me of the early days of Counter Strike - thanks to the ubiquitous aimbots and speedhacks, matches often resembled a clash between the Terminator and the Flash.

Rockstar also asks players to report anyone they see cheating, hacking or doing "anything else suspicious," but makes it clear that it won't ban players for using legitimate tactics that others may object to, like camping.

First person to make a crack about Rockstar creating a virtual Australia wins today's "low hanging fruit" award.

Source: Rockstar [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/35441/taking-aim-at-cheaters-in-max-payne-3.html]

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Now why would I do that Grey? That would be easiest way, my jokes are classy.

At least now they can all yell and be dicks to each other, and I kinda wonder what that multiplayer session will be like with all the cheaters there.

Not pretty I'd imagine.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Why make a joke on Australia?
They have enough problems with that giant murderous wasteland on one side and the deadliest inhabitants of the ocean on the other side.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Nice! Reminds me of the video for some reason despite having no relevance.

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
This is BRILLIANT! More games need to do this. The cheaters can cheat to their heart's content and the regular players can have fun. And then record the resulting matches and use them as a reality TV show on a podcast or something like that. "WelHong is in the lead against SokMaiCloaca, but can he maintain it?"

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Heh...it'll be like an internet prison.
"What did you get done for?"
"Man, I didn't do nuthin'"
"An innocent man, eh? Same as me. And that guy. And all the rest of us.

I wonder if they'll have prison clans. A aimbot clan. An exploit clan. A Klan clan for the racists.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
That is awesome. Kinda reminds me of George Carlin's bit about walling off rectangular states and the 4 groups that have to go

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Rednog said:
They have enough problems with that giant murderous wasteland on one side and the deadliest inhabitants of the ocean on the other side.
We (Australians) are born with more chest hair and balls then regular men so we can live and thrive here.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Heh...it'll be like an internet prison.
"What did you get done for?"
"Man, I didn't do nuthin'"
"An innocent man, eh? Same as me. And that guy. And all the rest of us.

I wonder if they'll have prison clans. A aimbot clan. An exploit clan. A Klan clan for the racists.
There was an old UK CS clan back in the beta days called CSP (Counter Strike Professionals - not very imaginative!) who openly used hacks. Their clan site was essentially a repository of various wallhacks, spiked-head models, grenade blast explosion meshs and of course aimbots.

Needless to say they never made it into many of the leagues/tournaments kicking about at the time!

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
That's rather clever. Will legitimate players be able to play on these severs? Could be lulzy just to see all the various hackers battling it out.

In addition, a tournament to get out could be kinda cool. Do a series of last man standing matches, anyone who cheats during any of the matches is disqualified. To qualify in the first place you'd need, say, a month of infraction free time and 2 hours of gameplay.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
This is a much much better solution than the one that Blizzard came up with not letting you play Diablo 3 single or multiplayer.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
Rednog said:
We (Australians) are born with more chest hair and balls then regular men so we can live and thrive here.
+1

Enough said.

Tygerml

Nov 16, 2008
I gotta admit this is the best idea since the TF2 halo to deal with cheaters.

Hattingston said:
That's rather clever. Will legitimate players be able to play on these severs? Could be lulzy just to see all the various hackers battling it out.
They should allow legitimate players to spawn in with invulnerability and noclip, let them troll the cheaters..

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Tygerml said:
I gotta admit this is the best idea since the TF2 halo to deal with cheaters.

Hattingston said:
They should allow legitimate players to spawn in with invulnerability and noclip, let them troll the cheaters..
Or just allow spectating of matchmade games like League of Legends does, so the non-hackers don't even have to go near everyone else in case of infection lobbies.