Maxim Lists The Hottest Game Babes Of 2008

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Maxim Lists The Hottest Game Babes Of 2008

Maxim.com [http://www.maxim.com] has published its list of the 17 Hottest Game Babes of 2008, and it's everything you might expect from a list made up primarily of women who exist only in the imaginations of horny, sexually-repressed videogame developers.

This year's list of pretend hot chicks is a diverse one, covering a wide range of game genres, and even includes a few real women, albeit women dressed up as ridiculously under-uniformed special forces soldiers. The one and only non-fiction female in the list is tennis star Top Spin 3 [http://www.mariasharapova.com/defaultflash.sps], and while her real-life hotness is unquestionable the image taken from the game has fallen so far down into the uncanny valley that how it qualifies as anything but creepy as hell is utterly beyond my comprehension.

Some entries in the list are traditional gamer favorites - Lara Croft, anyone? - while the inclusion of Left 4 Dead's [http://www.streetfighter.com/] token female Zoey may be admirable, does she really qualify as "hot?"

Personally, I don't see how the guys at Maxim managed to put this list together without including that chick from all the here [http://www.ageofconan.com].

Feb 13, 2008
I'd always thought Sophitia dressed a wee bit more conservative than that...That's more Mai Shiranui's sort of costume.

But Maria Sharapova is lush.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I looked at this list and I must say that more than half of it is complete bollocks!

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
wow, thats the worst list i've ever seen. almost looks like they made it just for the sake of making it. half assed, IMO.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
uppitycracker said:
wow, thats the worst list i've ever seen. almost looks like they made it just for the sake of making it. half assed, IMO.
This sums up the entirety of Maxim so well.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Some of the images are actually quite unflattering... Zoey is one that comes to mind; while I do agree she looks nice, she looked worse in their image that in the 'promo movie poster' that players see during the loading scene.

Raven28256

Sep 18, 2008
Ah Maxim, I see that you still try uselessly to stay "hip and cool" by trying to cater to every possible demographic...

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
They picked Hillery Duff as one of the top ten hottest babes.

OUT OF EVERYONE.

Them kids don't got eyes.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
UsefulPlayer 1 said:

OUT OF EVERYONE.

What does she even look like nowadays?

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
So I take it that nobody at Maxim has played The Witcher:Enhanced Edition?

If they extended the list to 20 they probably would have also included Moria Brown from Fallout 3, Hammer from Fable 2 and one of the zombie Nurses from Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Jamash said:
Actually, probably not.

I was going to bring this one up too, but since the EE is really just a re-release of a 2007 title, I figured it was a bit borderline. But as far as game babes go, it's a great call - they're not just hot, they're quite happy to show it off, too.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
Meh too few normal looking women in that list (and gaming in general).

Anywho, out of that list I'd say Elika is the most appealing to me personally. Absolute worst would be Natasha Volkova.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
klc0100 said:
Is Lola ever actually seen in GTA:IV
I hope not. Regardless her hotness is somewhat diminished by the fact she has six fingers. Seriously. Go look at the drawing again, she has 4 fingers and a thumb-like appendage on one side of the lolly, and you can just glimpse a sixth digit between the thumb and the forefinger.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Is it bad if I find the video game version of Sharapova more attractive than the real one?

*edit*

That was a cold, awful lie.

SoulCaliburFan

Dec 23, 2008
OF COURSE Lara got in the hottest of 08, she's been a fav for a loooong time.
But I am sooooo glad a Soul Calibur girl got in, 'bout time!

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Sigh... They should have went with top 5 or top 10 because half of those "chicks" don't come anywhere close to "hot".

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Malygris said:
Jamash said:
Actually, probably not.

I was going to bring this one up too, but since the EE is really just a re-release of a 2007 title, I figured it was a bit borderline. But as far as game babes go, it's a great call - they're not just hot, they're quite happy to show it off, too.
I'll give you that's The Witcher:Enhanced Edition is pretty borderline, but it's a whole lot less borderline than Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix.
At least the orginal Witcher was released this century (and millenium).
nilcypher said:
But isn't the Witcher censored in the US?
But even with the censored sex cards, or even without the sex cards entirely, I think the women of The Witcher are a lot more sexy and evocative (and sometimes downright filthy) than some of the characters on Maxim's list.

But I suppose Maxim appeals more to the mainstream, console playing demographic than PC RPG players, and this is reflected in their choices.
The Witcher isn't massively popular amongst gamers, so it's not really surprising Maxim hasn't played it or even heard of it. (A quick search on their site doesn't return any results).

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
paulgruberman said:
uppitycracker said:
This sums up the entirety of Maxim so well.
how true, how true. used to be a good read, i will give them that. i had a lot of late nights working graveyard at 7-Eleven, where that was some of the funniest stuff I had ever read. Long time ago, though, guess they left that quality behind.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Ughch, I hate these "ToP 20 hOtTeSt ViDeO gAmE bAbEs Of [email protected]^$!#^$" bullshit from these news sites. It's like they're trying to enforce the stereotype that all gamers want are big tits n' asses......wait...

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Many game creators have to stop making their girls look like some angel/seductress and more like a normal person. Leave the sexual stuff to fanart, they'll always do that.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
never knew they did this, kinda reminds me of my kid days when i played games to seriously and would dream of being with some of the female characters of some of the video games i played

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Reads like a list made by a guy who didn't have a lot of time who used Google as his source.

Novajam

Apr 26, 2008
Singing Gremlin said:
klc0100 said:
Is Lola ever actually seen in GTA:IV
I hope not. Regardless her hotness is somewhat diminished by the fact she has six fingers. Seriously. Go look at the drawing again, she has 4 fingers and a thumb-like appendage on one side of the lolly, and you can just glimpse a sixth digit between the thumb and the forefinger.
AGH! Jeez, that's creepy.

Anyway, you never see Lola once in GTA4 (unless you count the initial loading screen), however there's a entry on her in the police database.

wilsonscrazybed said:
Reads like a list made by a guy who didn't have a lot of time who used Google as his source.
Further emphasised by the dreadful quality of some of those pictures.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Funny how they post huge spoilers for the entire MGS series under naomi's entry but somehow miss the fact that
kendra from dead space is not one of the good guys

I'm suprised nobody started any riots yet about the distinctive lack of Alyx Vance there.

Also, why is anya(gow, gow2) on that list? she has about 5 seconds of screentime in both games combined.

Overall, this gives the feeling of a list that has been sponsored by ea and konami, as they are responsible for about half the things on there.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Alright then, whoever made this list must have been done so with both eye's closed.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Jumplion said:
Ughch, I hate these "ToP 20 hOtTeSt ViDeO gAmE bAbEs Of [email protected]^$!#^$" bullshit from these news sites. It's like they're trying to enforce the stereotype that all gamers want are big tits n' asses......wait...
Yeah, but this is Maxim, they exist precisely because what teenagers want is big tits and/or asses.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
GloatingSwine said:
Jumplion said:
Yeah, but this is Maxim, they exist precisely because what teenagers want is big tits and/or asses.
Hah, when I bothered to actually read the article, the first 3 choices were absolutely terrible and I didn't bother reading the rest after I saw CatWoman.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
4thegreatergood said:
UsefulPlayer 1 said:

OUT OF EVERYONE.

What does she even look like nowadays?
Sorry this took so long, but she pretty much the same as when she did those kid shows except wider.

Again I don't get it.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
I'm not lying when I say I actually got a headache while I was reading this list. It's like they weren't even trying...

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
smallharmlesskitten said:
..........Maxim are full of pillocks. Where is the Witch from L4D huh?
I'd say her "Mossman hands" disqualified her.[/quote]

I'd say I don't really like whiny girls seeing as she can be heard crying 5 miles away I pass on her.

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
wilsonscrazybed said:
And that sounds like the teachers comment on every essay i ever did.

Rushview

Jun 18, 2008
I take it that list is of 'Digital' Characters in games and not live action ones.

Otherwise my vote would have definitely been for Gemma Atkinson in Red Alert 3.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
This list was obviously made by some pre-pubsecent, sex-starved kid who just snagged some pics off of gamespot and copypasted them to Maxim's site.

Sharapova has to be the most bewildering entry. She's not a video game character, she's a tennis player. Shouldn't she be on a list of hot athletes or something? And the whole deal with pixilized real actresses? Does maxim not know that putting pixilzed actors in video games is pretty much a dead practice? Also of comic note is that they liken Maggie Q's career to "Balls of Fury", which was a god-awful bomb if I recall. Yet, they quickly forgot she was in "Live Free or Die Hard", a much better movie. Of course, I should mention that real women are not a bad thing in the least. But isn't this supposed to be a fantasy?

And speaking of fantaies? Why in god's name are people still obsessed with Lara Croft? I could never understand the late 90's fascination with her, as she was probably more grunty and manly then most men I've known. Yet we're like a decade down the line since Tomb Raider first made 13 year-olds boys soil themselves and people still cannot shut up about her. Kind of the same deal with Chun-Li, although she's a lot more pleasant to look at. Still, almost as grunty, just quite as manly as Lara.

I'd be remisct, though, if I didn't mention that Maxim had to pick a MILF for this list. And not just any MILF. The poster MILF for the gaming world. Still, give her credit for actually looking and trying to be female when the list is full of manly leather-clad bad-ass action women.

And that sums up my major problem with this list. Supercilious bad-ass action girls. It's like a plague of gaming that girls have to act more macho and manly then Hulk Hogan on a double-dose of 'roids. I, personally, like women that act like, well women. I had an interesting discussion about that on an FFVII board once that summed up the whole debate on VG girls pretty well. Guys who are generally drawn to bad-ass action girls who kick things around, shoot things and probably watch a lot of George Romero movies would probably be drawn to girls like Tifa. Conversly, guys who prefer their women to act feminine, and somewhat more demure would probably be drawn to girls like Aerith. Of course, if you're drawn to girls like Yuffie, you should be in jail cause you're a pedophile.

Seems like most gamers fall into the Tifa category, because most game deigners churn out bad-ass Lara Croft clones by the truckload. And on the rare occasion that you do see a female who doesn't fit that mold, she's usually portrayed as a helpless nitwit who spends all her time stumbling into danger and getting kidnapped. Peach or Ashley would be good examples of that. There seems to be few girls in gaming that break either of these molds. And that's just kind of sad. You'd think there would be a gaming girl by now who could be independent yet still feminine. But everytime game designers come up with a female, they bring the 'roids out or make her a moronic twit who only contribution is her ability to get kidnapped.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I still can't get the SC4 girls out of my head. . . . or pants.