Maxim Lists The Hottest Game Babes Of 2008

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Maxim Lists The Hottest Game Babes Of 2008

Maxim.com [http://www.maxim.com] has published its list of the 17 Hottest Game Babes of 2008, and it's everything you might expect from a list made up primarily of women who exist only in the imaginations of horny, sexually-repressed videogame developers.

This year's list of pretend hot chicks is a diverse one, covering a wide range of game genres, and even includes a few real women, albeit women dressed up as ridiculously under-uniformed special forces soldiers. The one and only non-fiction female in the list is tennis star Top Spin 3 [http://www.mariasharapova.com/defaultflash.sps], and while her real-life hotness is unquestionable the image taken from the game has fallen so far down into the uncanny valley that how it qualifies as anything but creepy as hell is utterly beyond my comprehension.

Some entries in the list are traditional gamer favorites - Lara Croft, anyone? - while the inclusion of Left 4 Dead's [http://www.streetfighter.com/] token female Zoey may be admirable, does she really qualify as "hot?"

Personally, I don't see how the guys at Maxim managed to put this list together without including that chick from all the here [http://www.ageofconan.com].

Feb 13, 2008
I'd always thought Sophitia dressed a wee bit more conservative than that...That's more Mai Shiranui's sort of costume.

But Maria Sharapova is lush.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
wow, thats the worst list i've ever seen. almost looks like they made it just for the sake of making it. half assed, IMO.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
uppitycracker said:
wow, thats the worst list i've ever seen. almost looks like they made it just for the sake of making it. half assed, IMO.
This sums up the entirety of Maxim so well.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Some of the images are actually quite unflattering... Zoey is one that comes to mind; while I do agree she looks nice, she looked worse in their image that in the 'promo movie poster' that players see during the loading scene.

Raven28256

Sep 18, 2008
Ah Maxim, I see that you still try uselessly to stay "hip and cool" by trying to cater to every possible demographic...

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
They picked Hillery Duff as one of the top ten hottest babes.

OUT OF EVERYONE.

Them kids don't got eyes.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
UsefulPlayer 1 said:
They picked Hillery Duff as one of the top ten hottest babes.

OUT OF EVERYONE.

Them kids don't got eyes.
What does she even look like nowadays?

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
So I take it that nobody at Maxim has played The Witcher:Enhanced Edition?

If they extended the list to 20 they probably would have also included Moria Brown from Fallout 3, Hammer from Fable 2 and one of the zombie Nurses from Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Jamash said:
So I take it that nobody at Maxim has played The Witcher:Enhanced Edition?
Actually, probably not.

I was going to bring this one up too, but since the EE is really just a re-release of a 2007 title, I figured it was a bit borderline. But as far as game babes go, it's a great call - they're not just hot, they're quite happy to show it off, too.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
Meh too few normal looking women in that list (and gaming in general).

Anywho, out of that list I'd say Elika is the most appealing to me personally. Absolute worst would be Natasha Volkova.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
klc0100 said:
Is Lola ever actually seen in GTA:IV
I hope not. Regardless her hotness is somewhat diminished by the fact she has six fingers. Seriously. Go look at the drawing again, she has 4 fingers and a thumb-like appendage on one side of the lolly, and you can just glimpse a sixth digit between the thumb and the forefinger.