Mayor Flattens Illegal Parking With A Tank

Wolvaroo

Jan 1, 2008
Motorcyclists have a lot of problems with cars also. I approve of more armoured vehicles on the roadway in the name of improved driver awareness.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Haha, our bio teacher showed us this today; not totally sure of the legality/sanity, but still freakin' awesome! :p

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
MelasZepheos said:
Everything you said. I find cyclists in my area (and I live in an area with tons of them) to be absolutely terrible on the road. They don't stay in their lane or the bicycle lane, instead picking whatever is convenient for them at the moment. They don't signal, instead cutting in front of cars that can crush them without a thought. They go from the sidewalk to the bike lane to the street and back and forth as it suits them, with no regard for what signs or signals are telling them to do.

There are good bicyclists, but unfortunately I see them do at least one illegal or very dangerous thing almost every time I spot one.

What's worse is then they act all entitled and stuck-up, like because THEY are in a bike and YOU are in a car, that means they're always right even when breaking laws, cutting you off with no warning and endangering their own lives. Bicyclists (or some, anyway) can be masters of putting THEIR responsibility for their own safety on other people, and driving totally recklessly.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
WolfLordAndy said:
1. Cyclists cause very little damage to the road or polution to the enviroment. They also arn't the only vehcles that are exempt from road tax. Agricultural vehcles (tractors, etc) are exempt. Also disabled drivers, electric cars, and mobility scooters can all use the road while having a majorly discounted road tax.

2. Cyclists test for going on the road is "don't die", I'd argue there are many, MANY more bad drivers then cyclists on the roads. The worst often seem to be taxi drivers and van drivers... people that drive for a living, and really should be forced to take the advanced driving test.

3. Legally, bikes are meant to be on the road, not the pavement. Speed wise, you'll find an average bike rider will maintain a steady 20 miles an hour unless up an steep hill. Mostly in my experience cyclists are sat close enough to the pavement that I can pass them without going too far into the other side of the road, if at all, certainly not a hazard, or do you live somewhere that has especially small roads?

In this modern age, we need more people riding bikes rather then driving to work that is only 5 miles down the road. Burning precious fossil fuels and adding to the horrific morning traffic.
I wish the ones where I live actually followed these rules. The short of it is they don't and then the responsibility for their safety is put on drivers. Bad drivers do not excuse bad bicyclists, if anything the bikers should carry the responsibility for being better drivers, because if they mess up, they die. They should take it friggin' seriously.

Man, I WISH the bikes in my area could go at about the speed limit. Often what they do (the ones that aren't trying to actively kill themselves) is drive 5-10 miles slower (or 10-15 on a hill) and hang in the middle of the road oblivious to cars. They'll build a line of traffic behind them.

As for your third point, so? Does this justify treating other people like scum because they take a mode of transportation you disagree with? Does this justify cutting off cars and selfishly going from the street to the crosswalk (still riding a bike at full speed), so the biker can blow past everyone and get somewhere a tiny bit faster? All I'm saying is bikes are dangerous to drive regularly, and most of the people I personally see don't seem to care about their safety while on their bike. Then I see another news story about a dead bike rider. Maybe he was blindsided by a taxi driven by a horrible man with road rage. Or maybe he did something illegal and idiotic and a regular citizen smacked square into him and killed him. But in either situation, my local media demonizes the driver of the car. Why? Politics. Car hits bike=car's fault, no matter what. :/

Leonhart321

Mar 15, 2010
Staged or not, this guy is awesome. First, Russia, then THE WORLD! ALL WILL BOW BEFORE HIS PRO CYCLE REGIME. As long as the cyclists also obey the law as well. I've frequently almost be run over by cyclists going down "No Cycle" paths

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
You know, this is the kind of mayor that actually does stuff. I'd vote for him for presidency :D

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Damn, I'd vote for that Mayor.

Now call me again when someone flattens a Tank with Illegal Parking.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Arturas Zuokas for world president? I think he'd get a lot of shit done!

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Pace your bets, folks, who would win in a vehicular shoving match, Mayor Tank or Killdozer [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer]?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
funguy2121 said:
vansau said:
Maybe there's some cultural difference that I'm not picking up on, but I do believe that we have more in common than we have that sets us apart.

I wanted to believe this, and in fact did, until the "perp" stepped out of the store to find his ridiculously expensive car had been destroyed, was told by the Mayor "don't park illegally," and just said "Okey-doke!" in response.

This is worse than finding out that Steve's lawnmower DUI was a fake. Damn you, internets! Phonies!

I agree except that car was not that expensive it looked like a lower end Benzo from the nineties.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
I think that is an Armored personal carrier not a tank. Same concept less gun.

Edit: Yeah APC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_personnel_carrier too lazy to find them model.
Ninja'd.

As soon as I saw the still from the YouTube vid I almost screamed "It's clearly an APC!" but I didn't since the boyfriend is still sleeping.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
lithuanian parking law enforcement gets shit done.
though they cant MOVE the car once its been squished.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Why is it that we don't have politicians this awesome in America?

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Sorry but if cyclists were good, respectful road users i might be a little more sympathetic but as someone who has been cut up, thrown obscene signs and generally pissed around by 'Lyrca Louts' one time too often i just see this as a typical cyclist dick-move.

Since when has crushing a car been an appropriate punishment for parking in a cycle lane? I'd like to see this Mayor sued for criminal damage by the owner of the van (who should also be punished but not in this way).

Personally i wouldnt be unamused if someone threw the Mayors bike into a car crusher and returned the small cube of metal to him

Aug 17, 2009
Akichi Daikashima said:
Singularly Datarific said:
Old Soviet Satellite States get all the fun. Why can't we have old military equipment in my town!?
Polyintrinsic said:
In Soviet Russia.... damnit i know there is a joke in there somewhere.

In Soviet Russia......... shit.

In Soviet Russia Tank Drive.......... damn, mom was wrong about me being clever.
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
Centuries of taking on Poland, Prussia/Germany, The Russian Empire, The USSR, and the Nazis will result in a bad-ass way to solve any problem.
No offence, but guys, I'm a little offended.
I am lithuanian, I'm not from the ussr, they invaded my country, took our freedom, and in the end, we had to fight for it.
The Nazis had set up dozens of concentration camps in my country, which had made a very big scar in our history.
Please don't call it part of the ussr or a nazi base.

OT: Arturas zuokas yra gana tupas, jis yra kaip lietuviskas boris johnson.
What annoys me is that he done this during a recession.
He's like mayor west!
Well, that's what I said. Centuries of dealing with warmongering great powers (which Poland was at one point) will result in some bad-ass in the national psyche.