Meanwhile at the Norwegian Embassy

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Yeesh these people. So not cool. I get they have legitimate reasons to be pissed about some things but that is some direly misplaced anger.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Hopefully the twat got a paper cut.

Unlikely, but hopefully. :(

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
One day Kurt discovers that society basically does not respect forklift operators very much. His wife is an ambitious architect. His neighbor is a medical doctor. Not even Kurt's own kids seem to be very happy about their father's occupation. Even if Kurt is popular among his colleagues and likes to drive a forklift, he quits his job, and starts climbing the social ladder. He wants to become a doctor, he wants to get rich, and he wants to be somebody. In the end, he even wants to become Prime Minister. But he does not have much success in any of his projects, and as time goes by, Kurt turns - vicious.

... yeah, this movie is pure evil.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I dunno, much as I'm no fan of the taliban, very young children's movies are just plain awful most of the time. If that were Paw Patrol, I'd be cheering them along.

Nevertheless, good to see even the taliban indulge in shitposting. Mayhaps they're not so different from Our Bois after all. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The Soviet Union did nothing wrong in Afganstan. JK

But hey the communist Afghan government lasted longer than ours

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
They must have been really bored that day and had nothing better to do.
I suspect the Taliban top brass would probably prefer they don't invade embassies at all - after all, they're trying to portray an image of international respectability. I also don't think they have that much control over the thugs that constitute most of their footsoldiers.

But you imagine a load of peasants used to living in huts and hiding in caves, they must be absolutely fascinated by what sort of stuff wealthy Westerners will have. Of course, much of it will have to be smashed and burned as impious and degrading trash after they'ev checked it out, but...

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I suspect the Taliban top brass would probably prefer they don't invade embassies at all - after all, they're trying to portray an image of international respectability. I also don't think they have that much control over the thugs that constitute most of their footsoldiers.

But you imagine a load of peasants used to living in huts and hiding in caves, they must be absolutely fascinated by what sort of stuff wealthy Westerners will have. Of course, much of it will have to be smashed and burned as impious and degrading trash after they'ev checked it out, but...
I mean, if the description of the movie is accurate, I could see why you'd want to burn it

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I mean, if the description of the movie is accurate, I could see why you'd want to burn it
It is so bizarre a topic for a kid's movie, I strongly suspect that's not an accurate description - perhaps some random member of the public's dubious interpretation.

What I could envisage is that Kurt is in truth happy and respected, but someone (maliciously) convinces him otherwise. The message of the movie for kids then becomes one of being confident in themselves and proud of what they are good at, even if it is not necessarily well paid or high status.