Mechwarrior Online Goes to Town

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
Dirty Apple said:
TechTim said:
buildings NEED to be destructible i'd love to level a building that an enemy's hiding behind
While this would undoubtedly be fun, wouldn't it cause people to preemptively level entire sections of the city on the off chance of an ambush? I suppose they could limit destruction to only sertain kind of weaponry, LRM's and such, to try and curb the behaviour.
true but they're also eliminating their cover as well as using ammo/generating heat and could give away their position to enemy another solution is the building wont go full destruct and still provide partial cover

Granger44

Sep 5, 2004
Wow, the mention of the 3056 MUSE brings back all the time I spent on the Battletech MUSE/MUX sites during college.

As for MWO, I'm cautiously optimistic. It does seem like World of Tanks with mechs, but that's a good thing IMO. Mechs are a bit more complex than tanks, so this might be better for those who want something with more fiddly bits than World of Tanks offers.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Senarrius said:
Croaker42 said:
Senarrius said:
Croaker42 said:
Its fun and makes for an excellent representation of what MechWarrior needed to become in current gaming.

OT; River City looks like a great addition to the map rotation.
Did someone just break NDA?
Yep.
You now know that the game is fun and a logical step in the franchise.
Boy those spoilers....
It's not down to spoilers, it's down to and NDA. When I sign one I adhere to it.
Besides any Mechwarrior fan would be silly Not to have a look at this.
Being a Founder myself, I cannot wait for it's release.
Does saying that the map is great after its been announced as an official map really break NDA? I'm honestly curious.