Medal Of Honor Warfighter Review

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Medal Of Honor Warfighter Review

A shooter in which you fight doors, er, wars.

Read Full Article

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
You know, I find it kinda funny that people honestly say that the Escapist has sold out to EA when they give reviews like this. Rather accurate "meh" reviews.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Ouch it might not sell well after all....

erttheking said:
You know, I find it kinda funny that people honestly say that the Escapist has sold out to EA when they give reviews like this. Rather accurate "meh" reviews.
This is not one of their main titles desu.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Well, I most definitely did not see this one coming, especially here on the Escapist, since you uploaded your previous two songs that you did just for fun (I'm very certain there's a shorter way of saying that) on Youtube. As for the song itself, it was pretty nice. Nothing spectacular like your work normally is, but hey, I don't think anyone asked for this, which makes me completely okay with that.

EDIT: Wait, this is the comment section for the review of the game? Damn.

EDIT #2: Wait wait, this is Gavin's review and he made a song to accompany it? Now I'm really confused.

shadowslayer81

May 9, 2011
While funny and everything, it just doesn't feel too much like a song for a minute long.
It just doesn't feel right, sorry.

Oops got here from the Miracle of Song thing, and had no idea it was a review >_>

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Bringing back "Miracle's Whip", [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/326.189775.5891239] eh? ;)

Nice review anyways, Gav.
Looking forward to see more reviews, if you're planning on doing more. :)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Yeah, it might be slightly confusing but this is a fun little add-on for Gavin's review of Medal of Honor. We just uploaded it to his gallery instead of the normal reviews one.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
ZippyDSMlee said:
Ouch it might not sell well after all....

erttheking said:
This is not one of their main titles desu.
You do know that the 2010 Medal of Honor sold 5 million copies right?

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Whelp,that review confirms what I've been seeing and hearing: It's trying to do what's been done before,and even then...Meh. Modern Military FPS. You played one,you played them all.

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
Gavin Dunne, why are you so f*cking awesome even when making parodies of shitty games?

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
Even when making a song that's meant to insult the brand it's representing, it's still catchy and awesome. I almost expected a power ballad in there.

In regards to the review, I love seeing Gavin let out his angry side. I bet he visualized some of those doors being the faces of publishers and developers.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Well, the GOOD news about the game is: The driving is apparently really good. WMaybe a bit wonky driving-physics, but that's excusable considering that it's an FPS with no actual vehicles... I think, it deserves the nickname "Wardriver" and can at least wear THAT thing proud.
Funfact - the driving section run on their own .exe and the game quits and boots up again if you start one of those (MOHW for normal, MOHWD for driving).

If the bloody thing would work, that is. A friend of mine played it through and it took him about four hours - despite him dying multiple times, being stuck due missing or broken scripts (at one point, he had to restart the entire mission TWICE simply because an imporant NPC died - yet the game never noticed because said NPC was supposed to be invincible. At another point, he had a bush, that pretty much ate his grenades: Thrown in, nothing happened.)
5 to 6 hours for the campaign is probably a bit too much. 3 to 4 hours are more like it.

On the other hand... it allowed RE6 to say that it is NOT the worst game of the year because RE6 at least works for the most part. :p

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Note on the song: I don't think people in the military wear steel toed boots anymore. Think it might be because it's actually more likely to chop off/crush your toes than non steel toed boots if something large/heavy enough lands on your feet.

Please keep in mind, I may be wrong, but then again, when my older brothers came back from the Army and Marines respectively, their boots lacked steel toes, and when they bought replacement military boots, they too lacked steel toes.

Onto the review, I'm a bit surprised you've done one. Guess you love your mon-ays! :p

Are we to expect more of them in the future?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
erttheking said:
People say that?

Anyway, this is game that actually kills you for walking off the path. It's like they went out of their way to make generic linear shooting even worse. Maybe its a cry for help. Judging by the review, I'm surprised to see it even garner a 2 and 1/2. I can only imagine the half star is demonstrative of the Escapist's vassalage to EA.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Gav should review more!

And speaking of Team America, the song, to me, evoked the kind of parody song that Parker/Stone would do...

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
Hm. I heard someone say the story was very good for an FPS. I think I'll stick to Spec Ops: The Line.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
The best thing about the game is clearly that it inspired the song 'Door Fighter'

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
maninahat said:
erttheking said:
People say that?
People say that about EVERY reviewer. You can't put pen to paper without someone claiming you're either taking bribes from $BIG_PUBLISHER for good reviews or $THE_COMPETITION for bad ones.