Medal Of Honor Warfighter Review

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Gav reviewed Warfighter also? I must look into this.

As I am here from Doorfighter, though, I shall leave this comment:

Fuck doors. Seriously, why is it in almoast every FPS I play, I can open a stupid fucking wooden door? Im carrying enough guns, ammo, and explosives to level a small African village[footnote][sub]Ouch, that went somewhere it shoudlnt...[/sub][/footnote], but I cant get through a wooden door?

*Edit*

Read review, nothing new.

I guess Ill stick with COD and Halo.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
ZippyDSMlee said:
Ouch it might not sell well after all....

erttheking said:
You know, I find it kinda funny that people honestly say that the Escapist has sold out to EA when they give reviews like this. Rather accurate "meh" reviews.
This is not one of their main titles desu.
Not for want of trying to make it one. However, both games in the reboot have been pretty mediocre, for all their vaunted accuracy.

/silver spoon

thethird0611

Feb 19, 2011
Gotta say, those door kicks were awesome. Im glad you enjoyed the game Gav. :p Some of them were pretty awesome though.

Honestly though, I havent played the single player yet, but the multiplayer is freakin amazing, especially when I play with a good buddy who is well trained in the military and we move like a damn unit. Yeah.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
soren7550 said:
Note on the song: I don't think people in the military wear steel toed boots anymore. Think it might be because it's actually more likely to chop off/crush your toes than non steel toed boots if something large/heavy enough lands on your feet.

Please keep in mind, I may be wrong, but then again, when my older brothers came back from the Army and Marines respectively, their boots lacked steel toes, and when they bought replacement military boots, they too lacked steel toes.

Onto the review, I'm a bit surprised you've done one. Guess you love your mon-ays! :p

Are we to expect more of them in the future?
Interesting. It doesn't matter anyway because the dudes in this game have TOES OF PURE STEEL

And as for more reviews, we'll see, I was asked to do this one as I'm a big FPS person who would know his way around the multiplayer bits. We''ll see how things go :)

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
maninahat said:
erttheking said:
You know, I find it kinda funny that people honestly say that the Escapist has sold out to EA when they give reviews like this. Rather accurate "meh" reviews.
People say that?

Anyway, this is game that actually kills you for walking off the path. It's like they went out of their way to make generic linear shooting even worse. Maybe its a cry for help. Judging by the review, I'm surprised to see it even garner a 2 and 1/2. I can only imagine the half star is demonstrative of the Escapist's vassalage to EA.
You're...you're kidding, right?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:

erttheking said:
Actually EA did pay me to give it a medium to middling review, to debunk bribing evidence found by some internet gaming super spy,named 'Zippy Lee' or something like that.

[small]Not really[/small]

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:

erttheking said:
A big budget shooter that they pumped a boatload of money to? Yeah, I think this is pretty high on their list. And considering that the last one sold pretty well, I imagine they thought they could get it to possibly slightly rival CoD, ergo it is a main title.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Song sounded good.

Game looked horribly dull, were those NPCs just standing there and not shooting back? I mean even the dumbest AI moves and shoots right?

Or maybe it was just limited footage, not a clue about the game and to be honest not all that interested.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I personally find it hilarious how they constantly talk about Tier 1 in reference to this game, but having known guys who have been so called Tier One operatives, they have never used that term before. None of them have said, "I'm a Tier One operator for the Navy!" They say, I am/was a Navy SEAL. It's just hard for me to mentally reconcile using broad spectrum language like that for very specialized and individualized units. All Tier One units don't do the same thing. The point is that they are ultra specialized, as in not for every situation.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Is it me or does this game look like MOH and battlefield have been on will it blend?

Jan 27, 2011
Soo...The biggest "innovation" that works (the fire team thing) is something that's ALREADY been done in Army of two?

........Yeah, I'm not impressed.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
You would think that the Medal of Honor franchise would have enough mud on it that they'd just give up and try to make a new franchise to get gullible people to buy into. When I see Medal of Honor in the title I know I can safely skip it, as it'll be a average CoD clone at it's absolute best.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Love the song!

Total Biscuit has a vid that perfectly shows a great example of dieing when doing something the game doesn't want you to that Gav talked about.

I'd link it but it might be considered to be in bad taste to post it here in Gav's review.

EDIT:

MiracleOfSound said:
I'm always happy to have some TotalBiscuit on my threads ;) The guy is outspoken, funny and brutally honest, all of which I admire.
Alrighty then:

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
Love the song!

Total Biscuit has a vid that perfectly shows a great example of dieing when doing something the game doesn't want you to that Gav talked about.

I'd link it but it might be considered to be in bad taste to post it here in Gav's review.
I'm always happy to have some TotalBiscuit on my threads ;) The guy is outspoken, funny and brutally honest, all of which I admire.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
I enjoyed the music, and I might actually have to download the song. It is short yet entertaining.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
I know this complaint is out of your control, but it is really having to watch a 32 second AC3 trailer every time I want to watch the 1 minute and 4 second song.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I often think EA bashing is overdone. I may understand plenty of the reasons behind it, but I still think the extent to which it is taken is a little ludicrous much of the time.

In this case however, I am quite happy to jump right on the bandwagon, torch and pitchfork in hand. Medal of Honor: Frontline was the first game I ever remember loving. Hell, I even thought Airborne was good. How dare you EA, for turning this franchise into nothing more than a glorified Battlefield beta. How dare you.