Medal Of Honor Warfighter Review

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
erttheking said:
You know, I find it kinda funny that people honestly say that the Escapist has sold out to EA when they give reviews like this. Rather accurate "meh" reviews.
Oddly, I've never actually seen anyone say that.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
An informative and very entertaining review, I hope to see more reviews from you Gav~!

My brother loves military shooters, I'll make a point to warn him away from this one (and maybe motion him towards Battlefield?).

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Dango said:
erttheking said:
You know, I find it kinda funny that people honestly say that the Escapist has sold out to EA when they give reviews like this. Rather accurate "meh" reviews.
Oddly, I've never actually seen anyone say that.
I usually hear it from people who aren't escapists, but still that's rare.

OT: Is weird that I actually wish the song was full length? It was so goofy and over the top, but it also had the "Fuck Yeah" adrenaline pumping thing going on :)

I remember the last Medal of Honor game I played was rising sun. It wasn't really a great game, but damn if it doesn't seem like Half life or Halo: CE (SHUTUP, HALO IS AWESOME!) compared to this... exercise in masochism. You can't explore? At all? Not even the token branching linear kind of stuff in the good CODs? Seriously, I know FPS's aren't renowned for exploration, but I could explore at least a little in Half life, Time shift, Halo (Mombasa anyone?), and even Goldeneye. Why would I play an FPS that aspires to be a horrible rail shooter?

This genre depresses me now-a-days. I'm going back to Skyrim. I still need to do a Khajiit sneak-thief play-through

Anyway, nice review Gav.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
So tired, cliche-ridden, bug-plagued games 2 notable shining moments gets a 2-and-a-half star dead average? Jesus, what would a game have to do to be considered worse than average?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
razer17 said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Ouch it might not sell well after all....

erttheking said:
This is not one of their main titles desu.
A big budget shooter that they pumped a boatload of money to? Yeah, I think this is pretty high on their list. And considering that the last one sold pretty well, I imagine they thought they could get it to possibly slightly rival CoD, ergo it is a main title.
Mmmmm one can only have so many main tittles. This is more a spin off that's trying to make a name for itself and is failing at it.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
MrGalactus said:
So tired, cliche-ridden, bug-plagued games 2 notable shining moments gets a 2-and-a-half star dead average? Jesus, what would a game have to do to be considered worse than average?
Remember our scores are a little more recommendations than a straight technical breakdown.

What Our Review Scores Mean [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/7149-What-Our-Review-Scores-Mean]

It's not so broken as to be completely nonfunctional and there's still enough there that fans will enjoy it. A truly bad and under average game would be something like X-Men Destiny [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9156-X-Men-Destiny-Review].

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Slycne said:
MrGalactus said:
Remember our scores are a little more recommendations than a straight technical breakdown.

What Our Review Scores Mean [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/7149-What-Our-Review-Scores-Mean]

It's not so broken as to be completely nonfunctional and there's still enough there that fans will enjoy it. A truly bad and under average game would be something like X-Men Destiny [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9156-X-Men-Destiny-Review].
Ooooh. Well under that qualification, the score makes perfect sense. I shall close my mouth forever.
Also, I thoroughly enjoyed that X_Men destiny review. I love it when people hate things.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
"Sadly it is let down by the hamfisted emotional linchpin of the main character's terrifyingly animated wife and demon child from the darkest, dead-eyed depths of the uncanny valley. I can never unsee it."

Hahahaha. So many priceless quotes in this review.

You know EA, with the millions you spent on this game you could've at least used that money to give us a new Mirror's Edge. Just sayin'.

5ilver

Aug 25, 2010
You spend 2/3-3/4 of the review talking about the bad parts of the game and then give it a 2.5/5 (effectively, 5/10, in other words- the game was average)?! How bad does a game have to be to get a bad score?!

MagmaMan

Apr 2, 2012
I seem to remember someone with EA tweeting about how Call of Duty is "looking tired" and should rest for a bit. Well, who's the tired one now?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Have Danger Close actually made anything that was half decent? I wanted to see another developer try Frostbite 2, maybe it is as difficult to work with as DICE have claimed...I guess I'll wait and see if fauxBioware do any better with the C&C gane.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Nice review from Gav here. Nice that he tied in a song with it. :p Is he going to be doing more reviews for the Escapist?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
5ilver said:
You spend 2/3-3/4 of the review talking about the bad parts of the game and then give it a 2.5/5 (effectively, 5/10, in other words- the game was average)?! How bad does a game have to be to get a bad score?!
Because reviews should always have a score whose number is identical to ratio of time spent talking about the good bits of game, right? Right? Wrong.