Media Mogul's Bullying Costs Him Dearly

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
I spend quite a bit of time around the word "****," so I doubt I'd take very much offense to it (Just so everyone knows, I'm not the one being called a ****, I just spend a lot of time with a guy who says **** a lot). I probably wouldn't burst into tears, but I'd certainly be really confused, maybe scared, and I'd DEFINITELY look like a deer in head-lights.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I don't care who you are, you do not speak to me like that. If he was my boss I would tell him to either sort himself out or get a new member of staff.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
No you are the **** Desmond. I guess he doesn't give his employees lunch breaks if this is how he reacts to a boy eating some chips.

People like this don't deserve their riches, hard work and dedication be damned.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Well, sounds like he got what he deserved. As other have said though, it's kind of a shame that it only came back to bite him because he yelled at the wrong guy in particular.

DugMachine said:
No you are the **** Desmond.
"No! I must shout at the cunts!" He shouted.
The radio said "No, Desmond. You are the cunts."
And then Desmond was a ****.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
Dude, this would be the PERFECT time in that kid's life to send that mean guy a cake and have it read "GOTCHA *****!". XD I guess the kid gets the last laugh regardless.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Wow this thread deteriorated quickly. This is really the low brow of The Escapists showing here guys. Really... >.>

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Tiger Sora said:
Wow this thread deteriorated quickly. This is really the low brow of The escapists showing here guys. Really... >.>
I agree, everyone here is acting like a bunch of fat sodding cunts.

Am I doing it right?

(OT: I never was bothered by the word ****, or any word for that matter. It's all about the context, which, in the media guy's case, makes him a giant fucking prick).

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Tiamat666 said:
I'm just working with the available info under the assumption that media-mogul had an inkling of a reason to assume the guy was just slacking (i.e. it was not break time).

I agree that there are many "could be's" and "what if's", and I'm not condoning media-moguls out-of-line reaction. It's just that kid munching crisps on position mediated by dad for a "work experience" program, doesn't leave a very good impression either.
It is not to uncommon for family members to use their connections to help you get positions for work experience. My work experience was working in my dad's drug company with people I had already had some correspondence with at company parties I went to. Also speaking from experience I doubt that the boy had anything really pressing to be doing, hell when I went the guy I was working with (brilliant, by the way) kept taking me out for ice cream!

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
I would say cronyism is the perfect thing to learn for work experience. It's effectively how I have gotten 3 of the 4 jobs I have held. I was against it initially, but as I realized how hard it is to get a job, I became less and less ashamed of getting favors from the people my parents knew or from people I happen to be related to, so long as I help them out when I can.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Sean951 said:
I would say cronyism is the perfect thing to learn for work experience. It's effectively how I have gotten 3 of the 4 jobs I have held. I was against it initially, but as I realized how hard it is to get a job, I became less and less ashamed of getting favors from the people my parents knew or from people I happen to be related to, so long as I help them out when I can.
Exactly. I'm 30, held probably 15 jobs, applied for probably close to 60, and only ever held three without my employment being a result of my personal connections. One of those was a job that you got hired for if you showed up for the interview and got through it without falling asleep or hurting anyone. The other was one that I got into by having years of experience and the best portfolio out of anyone who showed up. If you're not an experienced professional or applying to a job that takes anyone with a pulse, then your connections are your best bet.