Media Sandwich: Media Sandwich Episode 17

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
5 hours in and no comments. Well, anyways, the intro shouldn't be saying "'cause fuuuun is in store... maybe." Fun is always in store when you have yourself a Media Sandwich!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
I find both Chris and Kyle physically attractive and plan on hugging them this weekend. Who's with me?

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
The best kind of cheese is Kraft cheddar cheese. Behold its glory!

It's all creamy and delicious. The only flaw is that it doesn't melt very well, at least not the way most cheeses do. It pretty much becomes napalm on the inside, so you bite it and your mouth ends. It just ends.

American Cheese is scary. Why is it orange?! Cheese is yellow and occasionally green/blue if you didn't wrap it properly and it's gone mouldy!

[hr]

I'm with Kyle, I'm always worried to go to the doctor. I feel like I might have a Schrödinger's Health kinda thing going on, like as soon as the doctor observes my insides they'll implode in on themselves.

[hr]

For all the talk of the world ending, I've yet to hear how it will end. What does that even mean? Does the world just suddenly stop turning? Does it explode? Does it just cease to exist, just pop out of existence completely?

[hr]

Best war is the Anglo-Zanzibar War of 1896. A whopping 38 minutes. True story.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Firefilm said:
Media Sandwich Episode 17

Best Friends, Geology, and Cheese

Watch Video
Couple things fast. I didn't finish the podcast yet so there will be more from me tomorrow when I finish it.

So fist things first. Do you drive from Portland to Seattle? Or is the opposite going on? Either way I live in Centralia the exact half way point and I would be willing to stand on the side of the freeway when I know you are driving by with a sign and tell my friends someone super famous is coming though. Indecently I like Rubens, you like Rubens. If you stop in Centralia I will buy you Rubens and totally not murder you.

So things from your cast. American cheese is awesome. America's number one export is chemicals on an unrelated note.

Fahrenheit does make sense. There are 180 degrees between 32 and 212. Like a half wheel. A wheel has degrees. Water is not 0 because 0 is the temperature of ices saltwater in an icecream churn. You turn the handle on an ice cream churn in a circle. 360 degrees. So how come Celsius does not measure temperature with a wheel but still uses degree? Because someone came up with that later and couldn't think of a better word to use. Fahrenheit automatically makes more sense and is more delicious.

And that is as far as I am Ill listen to the rest late tomorrow.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Ahh I remember intro Geology and intro Astronomy back in college. Funnest professor ever.

We went to a stream and beat fossils out of rocks. That's good fun.

Also, smoked cheddar. Mmmm...

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Chris drives from Seattle to Portland to film, or at least he will tomorrow. In the evening, I believe. I will text him that some totally non murderer in centralia will buy him his favorite sandwich if he stops in. In a month, all three of us will be at PAX, are you going?

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Firefilm said:
Chris drives from Seattle to Portland to film, or at least he will tomorrow. In the evening, I believe. I will text him that some totally non murderer in centralia will buy him his favorite sandwich if he stops in. In a month, all three of us will be at PAX, are you going?
I dont have a lot of money but I figured I could have applied for the enforcer thing to get in free. I have teaching experience and it looks like that is a plus on those. But I gave my car a test run and Olympia is about as far as it likes to go so I wouldn't be able to drive back and forth I would have to find some place to stay there. So I just gave up.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
Xman490 said:
5 hours in and no comments. Well, anyways, the intro shouldn't be saying "'cause fuuuun is in store... maybe." Fun is always in store when you have yourself a Media Sandwich!
i wholeheartedly agree with this statement,

As well as never being hungry, damn i want a sandwich now.
love this podcast, hope it maintains it schedule's with chris's awesome new job, personally i'm a little selfish and want more!

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
I made twitter just to talk to you guys! Anyhow things from the cast.

Best cheese is muenster sorry.

Best war was the pig war. It was a war fought over a pig on a tiny island. I went there it was cool.

Thanks for reminding me about the cool Disney Halloween cartoons I used to watch.

I personal don't really care about Spiderman movies. I figured it wouldn't be great because the doctor doesn't turn into the right villain in the previews. He talks like and looks like Killer Crock. Did they think comic book nerds would not tell the difference between a batman and Spiderman villain. Why is the alligator Killer crock?

I will only watch Spiderman movies if they use the magic science ray to turn his friend into a vampire then Wesley Snipes shows up. This is actually a Spiderman plot. Spiderman tries to save the murderer while Blade tries to Blade all over his face.

I watch Sherlock and I like it. My mom asked me about it and I recommended it. She complained about Sherlock having weird cat eyes and I assumed she stopped watching it. The midnight after the last episode she calls me to tell me how much she liked it. I complained at the cliffhanger. Then she spoiled it for me. Apparently if you pay extreme attention to every tiny thing in a Sherlock story you get a different story.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
So Chris..... Now that your up here, your options for IMAX are the science center in Seattle, and Bellevue Square.

MattValtezzy95

Oct 1, 2011
With the Disney movies, I think those late 40's movies like Make My Music were attempts to create the magic of Fantasia, but they couldn't succeed at it. And Chris, I'm just saiyan, if you ever wanna talk DBZ, I'm the man to do that. I've talked about DBZ for hours before and spent 2 hours trying to find why Goten & Trunks were never born with tails.