Media Sandwich: Media Sandwich Episode 22

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Media Sandwich Episode 22

Political Sandwich: On today?s very exciting episode, Chris recovers from the Escapist Expo and retells his harrowing tale of mystery and woe.

Watch Video

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Smash Bros. was the better choice really. The burlesque show was... alright I guess. Some of it was pretty funny, but my friend and I only went because it was that or watch TV in the hotel for a while.

Oh boy politics. I took that quiz and ended up mostly siding with Gary Johnson the libertarian "candidate"candidate kinda implies he has any chance of winning which wasn't really surprising. I also kinda tried to troll my facebook friends by saying I sided with the "one who wasn't going to win" hoping people would automatically assume either of the two main guys based on their beliefs and not mine, but it didn't take.

The Anti-Linux

Sep 21, 2012
Smash Bros. truly is the answer to all of life's problems.

Also, I think Chris needs to start a separate podcast of himself paraphrasing random Bible stories.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Screw Yahtzee/Bob/etc. I was there to see you Chris! I only got to speak to you once for a little bit which sucked :(

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Chris: I, for one, appreciated our "Possum Man" exchange in the Logistics Room! "Damn you, Ra's al Ghul!" made this humble writer's day. It was great to meet you at the convention, so I hope we'll run into each other again sometime. Let me know if you ever find yourself in NYC.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Should I be offended I was the only one to talk about Vernt Fonk and I was refered to as bunch of Washington fans and not by name? Just for that I will correct you again. Jesus turned water to wine. He clones sandwiched but needs water for hooch.

On the topic of streaming though this is what you want? http://www.twitch.tv/gourdstew/b/333107030
With the viewer comments on screen like that. I can move the comments. I don't have many followers so the chat doesn't move fast but its an example. Anyhow I can tell you how to set it up, its not that hard but I figured out some things and its gets better every time I stream. In fact 5 minutes into the video I edit the text to look better and you can see that in stream. If you can't figure it out over the phone or e-mail I do live locally. I could do it for you if you bought me a sandwich.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
That Larry David-ised iteration of the bible must be made into a show. I would watch the crap out of that.

[hr]

I haven't finished Chrono Trigger. Like a lot of JRPGs I've played, I've reached a boss that I can't beat without immense grinding, which would be annoying in itself but this boss wasn't at the top of a mountain that took forever to climb, and climbing back down and finding enemies to grind seemed like way too much effort at the time and I just never returned to it. Adored what I have played.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I enjoyed talking to you for the short time I was able to Chris, and had been actually been looking to meeting you in some small, insignificant fashion. See? You have... 3 or 4 fans. You're much bigger then Yahtzee! ...Right?

Also, Cory was awesome. I was with a group who ended up doing the can-can for no real reason in the middle of the expo hall. Like you do. We were doing it, and then Cory walked by and one of the guys called him over to join us. I felt kinda stupid for not recognizing him of course. But he joined right in, did the can-can, and chatted with me for a minute about art and 3-D modeling. So that was fun.

So jealous I couldn't go backstage. Sounds like it was amazing, but sadly I am not as interesting as the pantheon of the Escapists (as pictured):

(horrible photoshop job away! Really regret not getting a picture when I asked for that...)

Also, for Kyle:
Agent 47 Kills Dumbledore!

For the question about sexual activity... hmm... I dunno. There's a few questions I have. I'm assuming that self-pleasure is out of the question. But the question I have to ask if you won't physically be able to do it, or you have to just resist and if you fail you pay some sort of penalty or give the money back. That makes a pretty big difference to me. It's easier for me to just have it cut off (well... not easier, since that sounds incredibly painful) then to have to force my willpower to keep me afloat.

If it's something I just won't be able to do, likely about $100,000-$200,000 would be my ideal amount. Closer to $200,000 to be honest. That seems pretty high of course and I'm not sure if I'd go lower. $25,000 would likely be enough to pay off my college debts and allow me to finish both my degrees. But I'm not sure if it'd be enough. Likely between $50,000-$75,000 would be my absolute minimum before I'd even consider it. Enough to pay for school and allow me to have a pretty fun year without that. If it's by will alone, it'd have to either be HUGE, like a good million or more, or tiny, like $1, because it'd take a lot for me to be able to pull together that sort of willpower.

The answer to the 'what would you want to be buried in' question is a very simple no-contest. Nothing at all.

Why did I not hear of the first-night party thing from 6-9? :(

Sorry for going off on a big rant. Haven't done this for such a long time... used to do it for the Podcat too, but *entering rant mode*

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Starik20X6 said:
I haven't finished Chrono Trigger. Like a lot of JRPGs I've played, I've reached a boss that I can't beat without immense grinding, which would be annoying in itself but this boss wasn't at the top of a mountain that took forever to climb, and climbing back down and finding enemies to grind seemed like way too much effort at the time and I just never returned to it. Adored what I have played.
Well that is the thing about chrono trigger. You able to get to the boss through multiple roots in multiple times. If you can't stand that one find an easier one for you.

TimeLord said:
Kapol said:
Is that from one of the Q&A panels?
I belive during one of the QA panels someone asked for a, "Last Supper." If it was a panel that explains why Jesus wasn't on the other side of the table.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010

Since Mulan, League of Legends, and being bad at video games were all mentioned...this seemed relevant.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
TimeLord said:
Kapol said:
As Mcnally mentioned, yes. It's from the day 2 panel where I'd asked for them to do the Last Supper pose. It turned out really well, but I'd been hoping to get susan up there to sit in the empty chair on the end. It looks kinda asymetrical without a ninth person... oh well. That's just my brain derping out on me. Still happy with how it turned out.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Kapol said:
TimeLord said:
Kapol said:
As Mcnally mentioned, yes. It's from the day 2 panel where I'd asked for them to do the Last Supper pose. It turned out really well, but I'd been hoping to get susan up there to sit in the empty chair on the end. It looks kinda asymetrical without a ninth person... oh well. That's just my brain derping out on me. Still happy with how it turned out.
Ah fair enough. I went to the day one Q&A and not the day two one so that explains why I don't recognise the image :D

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Chris, I went to the Expo to see you. You should have spoke up more. Grrr.

BTW, I saw you once while I was standing in line for the Shindig.