Media Sandwich: Media Sandwich Episode 24

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Media Sandwich Episode 24

The Timely Lostcast: On today?s very special episode, Chris is joined by his wife, Sharayah, so they can really dig deep and talk about the show they just finished and is therefore still very relevant and not old news: Lost.

Watch Video

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Firefilm said:
Media Sandwich Episode 24

The Timely Lostcast: On today?s very special episode, Chris is joined by his wife, Sharayah, so they can really dig deep and talk about the show they just finished and is therefore still very relevant and not old news: Lost.

Watch Video
About the "I'm not a gamer". I think it's the lack of the word "but".

"I'm not a gamer, with my 3DS I am a coin collecting champion" tends to imply (or at least people will infer from it) that they are trying to distance themselves from the word "gamer"

but
"I'm not a gamer, but with my 3DS I am a coin collecting champion" gives the idea that even though she isn't a gamer she still enjoys the 3DS

Sorry if you came to that conclusion after the point where I paused to write this

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
I think anyone who labels them self has no right to complain. Especially the label gamer. So many people play games. Chess players are gamers. Sports players are gamers. Gamblers are gamers. So why have a label with connotations that are untrue?

Anyhow about lost. I stopped watching when the survival vs nature went away. They started shooting food for target practice. And Hurly, I liked Hurly, Hurly dumped food all over the ground. Just wasting it. And this was after Lock stopped providing meat for people. They made the garden project look like home gardening as a hobby. She was farming dangit someone help her. Gone was rationing and gathering. There was no survival. There was survival against magic but I didn't really care. I liked survival vs magic and the elements. Just like it annoyed me when people gave up up making a sign to be rescued because it was hard. Ya life is supposed to be hard when your stranded hence the sign. What else do you do in your free time?

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Some of the Walt appearances are the Smoke Monster... (This was before the whole 'person needs to be dead' rule was brought it.)

A lot of Lost needs to have an understanding of what is happening behind the scenes to fully get why people are killed off and such. And to fully understand that the creators are so pulling it from their asses...

The ending annoyed me. Not only was half the season entirely pointless, it says that no-one formed any relationships with anyone else significant after (basically) the end of the series. They are together only for several months/maybe a year, so... really... no-one forms any kind of deep relationship with anyone else? How one dimensional! *sigh* When I really think about it (and I try not it), it still really bugs me.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Sharayah's feelings on Yoshi's Island DS pretty much mirror my own.
Also, Hurley was also my favorite character and, for some reason, Sayid.

Also, I remember that some time ago Chris said that he was considering in bringing back Egoraptor only now with JonTron. Is that still a possibility?

Chris Pranger

Aug 31, 2011
RTR said:
Also, I remember that some time ago Chris said that he was considering in bringing back Egoraptor only now with JonTron. Is that still a possibility?
Right now, I wouldn't count on it. I sent an email a while ago and got no response, though part of that is I veeeeeery stupidly misspelled Egoraptor's real name as Erin, when it it in fact Arin. -_-' I still think they're cool dudes, but I have a good feeling that I may have blown it.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Aw man, I'd love to see Kyle try and pull off a podcast by him self but I'll still sorely miss my dose of Chris.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
I never watched lost. Now I feel like I don't have too.

Also, I totally get where you are coming from with the I'm not a gamer thing. I saw the commercial before hearing this and totally understood the angle they were coming from. The "hey, our toy isn't just a game machine!" angle. Stupid butthurt gamer fanboys just like to get butthurt.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Sharayah has a beautiful voice, just had to put that out there.

[hr]

Animal Crossing! Winner. I've stopped playing City Folk, but I'm so pumped for Jump Out it's insane. Still hanging for a release date here...

[hr]

I've got no problem with the "I'm not a gamer" thing. I think you nailed it on the head with the 'gamers are defensive' thing. Some of us just need to get over the supposed 'exclusivity' of the gamer community.

[hr]

The best fast food around is Grill'd. Hands down. It only exists in Australia though. If you ever come visit down-under, definitely check out Grill'd. You know what? You should just come visit here for any reason. Come for the fast food, stay for the ludicrously poisonous animals!

[hr]

I never got into Lost. I don't like it when a show just keeps piling on the mysteries but never solving any of them; at some point I just get sick of being held in suspense and go do something else.

[hr]

Cracked cast! That would be fantastic. You could do a 6 degrees of separation thing and get the 5 Second Films guys and gals on too. And then the SMBC Theatre cast.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Starik20X6 said:
The best fast food around is Grill'd. Hands down. It only exists in Australia though. If you ever come visit down-under, definitely check out Grill'd. You know what? You should just come visit here for any reason. Come for the fast food, stay for the ludicrously poisonous animals!
America makes up for variety with spiders in our houses. I remember watching Steve Irwin and he was nervous about all the black widows. I've got those under my bed! I've got hobo spiders in my cloths! You know those spiders chase you? They look like the spiders from arachnaphobia and leave fang wounds that will weep for a month on top of a lump like you got hit with a hocky stick.

But you gotta go with Arbies. Free creamed horseradish sauce.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Have you thought about trying to get Sam T. from Ebola world? He's a really nice guy when he's not playing an exasperated anthropomorphic taco that tells kids to play with guns.
[hr]Small note on the pointlessness of Ana Lucia's death: It was actually real life that killed her character, Michelle Rodriguez got a DUI and they canned her.
[hr]Oh yeah, and Hurley is the best

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
For a non-Lost-watching listener, that clip at the end sums up the Lost segment perfectly: "I believe you. I don't understand you, but I believe you."

I never cared much about the series anyway, and now I really don't want to watch it. After all I read about it, they really didn't seem to have a master plan behind it, and how you guys made it sound, it shows. Just so many ideas, none or only a few of them thought through.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
I wanted to mention that you guys talking made me realize something about myself, and I'd like to thank you. It's connected to your reaction to first fat joke, and how you act in general on that matter.
I used to think that I don't like in fat people that they don't take better care of themselves, but as it turns out it's not true - as anybody is free to live the way they want to be, as long as it doesn't really affect me, e.g. passive smoking. The reason why I resent some fat people is because some people are in denial about the state of their health, and I hate that kind of hypocrisy.
I might not be a doctor of medicine, but I know they ask people to lose weight. I'd hate when the answer is "how dare you" instead of honest "I don't feel like it".
Thank you for helping me understand myself a bit more, and improving my interactions with people.