Media Sandwich: Media Sandwich Episode 4

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Media Sandwich Episode 4

MovieBob tried to leave but the guys make him an offer he can't refuse.

Watch Video

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Gonna keep naggin you to put this on iTunes. I love you guys but I spend a lot of my time in public transport. I wanna listen to you on the bus and train

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Ooooh Bob I thought we talked about this... don't bring up Adventure Time vs MLP FiM... I don't wanna see you burned at the stake for starting a civil war.

Also, i'd love to hear you guys thoughts on the Manga industry. I love me some Shounen Jump but even i'll admit the length some of this stuff gets dragged out is bad. I love Naruto but gawd damn IT WON'T END!!!

Also also, the idea of the Nostalga Critic on a Escapist vid fills me with fanboys squees for some reason.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Nice. Don't worry Bob, we still love you even if you have been immune to our brainwashing thus far. ;)

guise709

Feb 2, 2010
So there is going to eventualy be a Big Picture episode on MLP. Interesting and I can't wait...

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I liked how Bob dominated most of the conversation towards the end.
Also, nice impressions good sir.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
O het, you are on iTunes now, nevermind then, looking forward to listening to it

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Ask Egoraptor why he wants to be a tester, that's apparently [http://penny-arcade.com/2010/01/25] a horribly boring job.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Dammit Bob it makes me sad to hear you hide that Southie accent. Although I have to say you do a damn near flawless job of hiding it. I only noticed a couple of slips in there.

Symbio Joe

Dec 7, 2010
Batamn vs. Captain America was already setteled in DC vs Marvel do not tell me a hand full of panels do not satisfy you ;D.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
"Grant Morrison is the 'plays-well-with-others' version of Alan Moore" is my new favourite line. Bob, whenever you guest on other people's shows, you always pull out these awesome zingers!

daxterx2005 said:
Wow, I never knew of the holy terror thing....Thats pretty disturbing.
It still floors me that Frank Miller is the same guy who wrote Martha Washington [http://www.amazon.ca/Times-Martha-Washington-Twenty-First-Century/dp/1595824820/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326997223&sr=8-1] 20 years ago.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
I agree Bob: the squid was not necessary. In fact, I thought it helped Manhattan's status as a metaphor for God, as he had to sacrifice himself on Earth in order to rectify the sins of the world. And when you can have that, or giant brain squid-thing, I know which I'd prefer.

Amissio

Nov 18, 2009
this podcast just got 20% cooler. Though it was already pretty awesome. Love the show guys.

Triality

May 9, 2011
Great episode you guys.

Concerning 22:00 (racism), since Black History month is coming up (I'm going to assume you gentlemen know which one it is already), Bob you should do a month of racist media that has been swept under the rug in our pop culture, and No Right Answer guys, you answer that challenge on which classic character did more racist antics.

Good luck!

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Symbio Joe said:
Batamn vs. Captain America was already setteled in DC vs Marvel do not tell me a hand full of panels do not satisfy you ;D.
Actually in JLA/Avengers (or Avengers/JLA) which is considered canon, Batman admits that Captain America would beat him after a long fight, so instead they team up and work out whats going on. It's a far better read than DC vs Marvel, where all the fights were settled by votes (of course Batman is going to win a popularity contest).