Meet Okamiden's Real-Life Puppy Chibiterasu

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Meet Okamiden's Real-Life Puppy Chibiterasu

As it turns out, the most adorable "booth babe" of all time isn't even a human.

You know, there was going to be a news post here. I was going to tell you all about how Capcom had held a "Blogger Meeting" press event at the With Dog Cafe [http://www.dog-cafe.jp/] this past weekend about this week's upcoming Okamiden. I was going to write about about how producer Motohide Eshiro said that there was about 25-30 hours of gameplay, and how bringing the Okami visuals and sound from the PS2 to the DS was rather difficult.

I was even going to tell you about how scenario writer Yukinori Kitajima tried to make the partner characters feel less like parts of a puzzle and more like true partners and sidekicks.

But I'm not going to write about any of that, because-- puppy!

As it turns out, there was another party in attendance. Maron-chan (seen here) is a canine actor who will be playing the part of protagonist Chibiterasu, son of the sun goddess Amaterasu, in commercials promoting the game. Maron-chan is also an adorable Shiba Inu (?) puppy who is oh-so-huggable and aww, lookit his widdle ears and nose! If only all real-world videogame mascots could be so cuddly.

So yes, there was a news post here. But it's gone now. Too busy looking at the puppy. Come back later.

Okamiden is scheduled for release in the West in early 2011. Puppy not included.

(Andriasang [http://www.4gamer.net/games/097/G009757/20100927007/])

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
My desire to get this game increased tenfold when I saw that dog. can't...look...away...too...cute.

Apr 19, 2010
I think deserves that everyone reading this gather all of their friends and family, create a shrine, and bow down before this weapon of cuteness before it turns against us.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
ITS! ITS!!! ITS SO CUTE!!!!

CAN WE KEEP IT VEGITA??? CAN WE KEEP IT???

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
John Funk said:
Okamiden is scheduled for release in the West in early 2011. Puppy not included.
Aw man, that sucks. A puppy would be the best pre-order bonus ever.

Maybe Nintendo could do something for that for Nintendogs+Cats....

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I feel that, in my role as game journalist, it behooves me to track down this puppy and smooch him on the snoot.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
cuteness...crippling...can't...move.

on a side note: I should really give the okami game a try on the ps2, only good things have been said about it.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
:(
No fair...so long away and no adorableness included as standard?

Oh, and the mandatory: [HEADING=3]D'awwwwww ^^[/HEADING]