Meet Super-American, The Captain America Rip-Off From The Future

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Meet Super-American, The Captain America Rip-Off From The Future

The non-copyright infringing, underwear-wearing hero from the 24th century is a joyous thing to behold.

Read Full Article

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
The funny thing is Super-American was the original idea for Captain America's name, but Joe Simon changed it when he was convinced there were too many "Super" characters and barely any "Captain" characters.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Vausch said:
The funny thing is Super-American was the original idea for Captain America's name, but Joe Simon changed it when he was convinced there were too many "Super" characters and barely any "Captain" characters.
Holy crap, you're right. I think I'll update the article. Thanks!

Feb 8, 2009
I'm so glad that Super American was never decided as Captain America's name.

Was American Man not good enough? Or would that be too average?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Well, it's a terrible name, but at the same time, it's unintentionally brilliant. So...winner?

Oh, and this panel alone is just gold:

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Unity is the Strength of Democracy? I thought it was diversity.

Unity sounds more like the Strength of Communism.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Fighting fascists, eh? Odd that he is called the Super American, then... which... in German... would be the Über-Amerikaner!!! You can't hide your Übermensch-ideology so easily.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Barbas said:
Well, it's a terrible name, but at the same time, it's unintentionally brilliant. So...winner?

Oh, and this panel alone is just gold:

Haha the funny thing is the previous pic of the doctor feeling up his muscles while awkwardly leaning back gave me a chuckle, and then I go to the next page and see that! XD

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Mje7504 said:
Daniel Zolnerowich
Born - May 5, 1915
Died - August 26, 1995
Thanks. To clarify, I did find that information when researching, but I was unable to link that data specifically to this artist. Daniel Zolnerowich isn't a common name to be sure, but so far I haven't been able to link DOB/DOD information to this artist's career, nor can I find an obituary for him. If you've found obituary information that makes the connection apparent, please link, and of course, forgive my own dumbness. In the meantime, I performed a slight edit to make it a bit clearer. I realize now that saying "impossible" needlessly muddied things. Again, thank you.