Meet the (Female) Team With These Dashing Team Fortress 2 Portraits

Nov 28, 2007
RJ 17 said:
Anyone else think the Demo chick's face still looks like a guy's? :p

Beyond that, who was the chick with the blue hankerchief mask supposed to be? The Scout?

And what about the chick with the hatchet? Judging by her jumpsuit I'm guessing the Pyro?
Yes to all three. It's interesting, but in terms of actually being a gender swap of the original characters, it is a letdown.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Nice art, but, except for the female soldier, they all seem a bit too genaric to me. If I didn't know they were supposed to be from TF2, I wouldn't have guessed it for most of them.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Great artwork. It might be a bit on the realistic side, but it's still pretty great. It's refreshing to see female interpretations of the TF2 classes that aren't all in swimsuits or anime or furries or ponies. Didn't like that they showed a face for the Pyro though.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
As awesome as these are I feel the hyper-detailed and far more human look of the characters loses all the personality and expression the real ones have with or without the rule63 nature of it all.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Soldier and Heavy are my favorites. Seriously the Heavy chick is like a damn grizzly bear that's awesome.

Rest are a bit too realistic for my taste, would have been better had it stuck closer to that TF2 style but overall really good depictions. Would be really cool if Valve implemented something like this with all female character servers or just allowed you to change gender on class selection.

KoDOmega

Nov 22, 2009
Basic idea? Awesome.
Art? Very well done.
Should Valve do female versions of the characters? Shoulda done it YESTERDAY.
MY ONLY PROBLEM? The designs for some of them.

The BIG thing about the TF2 character designs is that they're VERY visually distinct. But (and this might be my lack of experience with the game, though it's not zero) the Pyro, the Scout, and the Sniper look VERY similar to each other at first glance. Sure, after some study, you can tell them apart, but you don't have time to appreciate the subtle deviations in design in a FIREFIGHT, and that's gonna ensure you're shooting at the chick with a baseball bat when you WANT to be offing the girl with the flamethrower before she closes in.

Again, I think these designs are gorgeous and really are something Valve should look at to make half their players feel included. But it needs some work before I'm fully on board.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
I wish people would stop silently crying about female classes already and shut up.
The game is fine as it is,the classes are designed perfectly.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Didn't Chemical Alia do some awesome female TF2 models?

I'm sure they were much better than these ones.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Hello Miss Engineer. What are you doing tonight? I was hoping you could assist me in building something?

By far my favorite of them all.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
My problem with these females:
What is unique about the Team Fortress 2 Characters?
Answer: Their shilouette.
They are all very different on first sight, or at least they were until they added so many goddamn hats.
These female characters all feature essentially the same build, save for the heavy which means that it would not work in TF2, and as such, is not true to it's source material, which means that integrating these designs into the game would seriously change the gameplay.

I do very much like what Moonlight Butterfly posted and would like to see more of it.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Decent drawings, but don't really fit TF2 (don't play the game myself, but love the comics i've read, and the meet the team videos), bodytypes are all too similar (except for the heavy), also, the art style is too realistic/detailed (though i like the Demo's face).

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Oh dear. Realistic female portraits not involving retarded amounts of cheesecake?

Are you sure you're all right, internet? You might need to lay down - it seems you've caught a case of brain sanity. Very dangerous.

All kidding aside, these are some very nice portraits; not exactly following the originals, but I honestly can't see it as a bad thing when creative work is, you know, creative.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Medic - Cool
Heavy - Meh
Spy - Meh
Scout - Cool
Pyro - Kinda cool
Engie - Meh
Demo - Nope
Soldier - Awesome

Most of these are pretty crap. They're all too "real", TF2 has an awesome extravagant art style and this shits all over it as most of them look normal.

I thought the pyro was the engie at first as they all look pretty damn similar sans weapons.

EDIT Ah, the "spy" was actually a sniper. That proves my point in my eyes.
Yes, I agree, it's too hard to tell which is which and I think it loses something without the styilisation. Not to say that they're not nice pictures.
Plus I think the characters aren't distinct enough, you can pretty much tell all TF2 characters by their silhouette alone.

Moonlight Butterfly said:
Didn't Chemical Alia do some awesome female TF2 models?

I'm sure they were much better than these ones.

Yes, I love those ones.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
All the female character models for TF2 I can find, aside from the already posted Engie.

[http://gamebanana.com/skins/39114]
[http://gamebanana.com/skins/80046]
[http://gamebanana.com/skins/90529]
[http://gamebanana.com/skins/90532]
[http://gamebanana.com/tf2/skins/107782]
Images are also links to the download pages.

As for those images? I love them, but most feel more suited to Fallout.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Most of these are pretty crap. They're all too "real", TF2 has an awesome extravagant art style and this shits all over it as most of them look normal.
KoDOmega said:
Basic idea? Awesome.
Art? Very well done.
Should Valve do female versions of the characters? Shoulda done it YESTERDAY.
MY ONLY PROBLEM? The designs for some of them.

The BIG thing about the TF2 character designs is that they're VERY visually distinct. But (and this might be my lack of experience with the game, though it's not zero) the Pyro, the Scout, and the Sniper look VERY similar to each other at first glance. Sure, after some study, you can tell them apart, but you don't have time to appreciate the subtle deviations in design in a FIREFIGHT, and that's gonna ensure you're shooting at the chick with a baseball bat when you WANT to be offing the girl with the flamethrower before she closes in.

Again, I think these designs are gorgeous and really are something Valve should look at to make half their players feel included. But it needs some work before I'm fully on board.
Calibanbutcher said:
My problem with these females:
What is unique about the Team Fortress 2 Characters?
Answer: Their shilouette.
They are all very different on first sight, or at least they were until they added so many goddamn hats.
These female characters all feature essentially the same build, save for the heavy which means that it would not work in TF2, and as such, is not true to it's source material, which means that integrating these designs into the game would seriously change the gameplay.

I do very much like what Moonlight Butterfly posted and would like to see more of it.
nyysjan said:
Decent drawings, but don't really fit TF2 (don't play the game myself, but love the comics i've read, and the meet the team videos), bodytypes are all too similar (except for the heavy), also, the art style is too realistic/detailed (though i like the Demo's face).
What's with people acting like these are submissions for actual in-game character models? It's just some guy who decided to do an art project based around TF2 characters as females.

I thought the pyro was the engie at first as they all look pretty damn similar sans weapons.

EDIT Ah, the "spy" was actually a sniper. That proves my point in my eyes.
Because heaven forbid that you should have to look at a picture for more than 2 seconds to really know what you're looking at.