Meet the (Female) Team With These Dashing Team Fortress 2 Portraits

JoshV

Mar 20, 2009
Meet the (Female) Team With These Dashing Team Fortress 2 Portraits

The nine classes of Team Fortress 2 have become wildly popular - and, indeed, memetic - in the five years since the game's release, owing much to their diverse and unique personalities, and overall quirkiness. But the lack of female representation in the cast has been a sticking point for fans of the game for almost as long, spawning everything from mods to a wealth of fan art depicting our favorite mercenaries in all their feminine glory.

[gallery=884]

Even so, it's rare to find such quality in fan art as this awesome collection of gender-swapped Team Fortress 2 classes, painted by French artist *Prospass [http://prospass.deviantart.com/]. His collection depicts the classes in a slightly more realistic syle, blending some traditional colors and familiar silhouettes in his portrayal of classes like the Heavy and Demoman, with more unique depictions of classes like the now-weathered and battle-hardened scout. Perhaps the most faithful recreation, however, is *Prospass's female spy. So stealthy, she is, that she does not actually appear in this gallery.

It seems the fans of Team Fortress 2 may be trying to send Valve a message. Perhaps Valve is listening. Perhaps, someday, we'll see official female depictions of our favorite Team Fortress 2 classes. On the other hand, this is the same company that, five years later, is still not even talking about Episode 3. For now, we can only hope.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The Soldier is the best by far. Not sure why, but it was the only one that made me smile.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Jove said:
Fappy said:
The Soldier is the best by far. Not sure why, but it was the only one that made me smile.
Judging by the 2nd comment and this one, maybe its because the Soldier is by far the prettiest one. 0_0
You can't even see her face though!

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Most of these aren't bad, but the Pyro in particular fails because the Pyro's face isn't meant to be seen. The sense of mystery that defines the Pyro is completely absent here. Otherwise, they aren't bad but could be better.

EDIT: Do have to give props to the Heavy, Soldier, and Medic though. They actually look the part.

felbot

May 11, 2011
all of them aside from the soldier looks like tf2 mixed with fallout, personally think the medic looks best.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
I don't think i dig the "edgy" look, let alone rule 63 version of TF2. Good thing he didn't draw a female Saxton Hale.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Fappy said:
Agreed. I think it's because the soldier is probably the closest to the original design in terms of simplicity and readability. The other ones are pretty mediocre since the art style is absolutely nothing like TF2, and the classes aren't nearly as instantly recognizable for the most part. The Engineer is probably the only other one that really comes close.

As for the Pyro, it took my a while to even figure out it was the Pyro, and I only managed it because she was holding the Axe. If I've played TF2 since it was in Beta and I can't figure out what class the design represents immediately then it's a pretty awful design.

I seem to remember seeing someone else's female class designs for TF2 a few years back that were much closer to the TF2 style, and head and shoulders above these in quality.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
The Spy is missing...

Or is she?

Yeah, I know I'm stupid for skimming.
But seriously, why no spy?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Those drawing are really good. I wish I was that good at drawing. Out of all of them I like the female medic the best.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Anyone else think the Demo chick's face still looks like a guy's? :p

Beyond that, who was the chick with the blue hankerchief mask supposed to be? The Scout?

And what about the chick with the hatchet? Judging by her jumpsuit I'm guessing the Pyro?