Meet The Yugoslavian PC Mag Cover Girls of the 80s and 90s

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Kinitawowi said:
Your Sinclair magazine, issue 29 (UK, May 1988)...
Ah, but that's perfectly thematic, with Corinne Russell who appeared on the cover art and promotional materials of the game Vixen, as featured in the magazine. Whereas these Yugoslavian covers are something far more intriguing. So there's no comparison.

Damir Halilovic

Sep 6, 2010
I'm from Bosnia, actually had a few issues of this magazine. They actually had some great content, software reviews, giveaways, interviews... you have to remember that this was a time before the internet was widespread so chances are you found out about a new piece of software through magazines like these.

And please, only two, maybe three could be classified as anything even close to raunchy.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
JCAll said:
008Zulu said:
I recall a number of western gaming magazines that tried something similar in the early 00's when they were trying to stave off the inevitable.
I remember one of the Playstation magazines having an actual annual swimsuit issue.
Yeah, that went on for a while. Some of the art was actually quite good although most of the art was "Look, Boobies!!!"

moosemaimer said:
I have nearly every issue of PC Accelerator and it's not too far off.

/snip
PCXL. Still have every issue. A mixture of video games, humor and men's magazine. Good times.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I... don't get it. These aren't unusual cover ideas at all. Just common male directed fan-service but with a different language. Is...Is this kinda stuff new to you guys? Is it just down to the Yugoslavian label?

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Well then, I must admit, I find these magazine covers rather.... intriguing. And to the posters above me, many thanks for sharing this... research material.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I would say possibly only 2 of those covers would have even caused a raised eyebrow at the time. I remember one PC mag in the UK that had a centerfold every month and pretty much all of them used sexy covers to sell to teenage boys.

People didn't get so riled up about such things back in the day.