Meet Three of Far Cry 5's Resistance Members in these Character Trailers

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Meet Three of Far Cry 5's Resistance Members in these Character Trailers

You'll be working with The Resistance in Far Cry 5, and these trailers introduce three of your allies.

After showing off the first trailer for Far Cry 5, Ubisoft is also introducing some of the characters you'll be fighting alongside. These are the residents of Hope County who will join your fight.

First up is Mary May.

Mary May was born and raised in Hope County, and her parents ran the local bar, the Spread Eagle. But after her parents died, the bank foreclosed on the bar and sold it to the cult. Now she wants to take back what's hers.

Pastor Jerome Jeffries served in the Gulf War, but the came back to Montana, where he serves as Hope County's parish priest. But after he lost his congregation to the Project at Eden's Gate cult, he's taken up arms to stand against the cult.

Nick Rye comes from a long line of pilots, but unlike his father and grandfather, he didn't fly in the war. Instead, he runs a crop-dusting business. As the cult tries to force him into selling out, Nick decides that the time to fight has finally come.

Far Cry 5 is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on February 27, 2018.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
That bleeping is far more obnoxious that any cunting swearword i could ever think of. Who is responsible for that horrendous editing?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
if its so bad why dont they call the army or the goverment? the US has more then enough fire power to level a bunch of indoctrinated redneck nutbags

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Veldie said:
if its so bad why dont they call the army or the goverment? the US has more then enough fire power to level a bunch of indoctrinated redneck nutbags
This is probably a version of the US that is over sensitive to what happened at the Waco Siege & Ruby Ridge that lead to the motivation of the OKC Bombing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I'll echo the boring sentiment. Then again FC doesn't usually have stand out npcs other then the bad guys in my experience (didn't play all FC games).

Veldie said:
And yeh this. With dat epic military budget and everyone and their grandma having assault rifles, you'd figure US would be immune to things like this.

I mean cmon, i've seen americans be all "yeah if the british ever come back or anyone invades us, they will find a gun behind ever blade of grass!" (last part paraphrased from the japs as i loved that description).
But if you can't even handle a bunch of hicks in your own backyard, then no way you guys have a chance when the redcoats return and finally decide to finish the job! :O

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
Veldie said:
I'm going to probably bet the situation is like other movies where a gang is running the place and the local government is in on it to throw off the federal and state government. I actualy kind of hope it is, because I want to see a montage of them explaining everything to a government worker. "

"Why is 'Sinner' spraypainted over the county sign?"
"It's those gosh darn punk kids."

"Why are all your churches besides the ones that follow that one guy destroyed?"
"Uhhh... Wind storms and Jesus?"

"Okay then, now last question. Why is there a guy flying around with a gatling gun strapped to the bottom of his plane?"
"It's because of the second amendment and we just added a high altitude shooting range."

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Frankster said:
And yeh this. With dat epic military budget and everyone and their grandma having assault rifles, you'd figure US would be immune to things like this.

I mean cmon, i've seen americans be all "yeah if the british ever come back or anyone invades us, they will find a gun behind ever blade of grass!" (last part paraphrased from the japs as i loved that description).
But if you can't even handle a bunch of hicks in your own backyard, then no way you guys have a chance when the redcoats return and finally decide to finish the job! :O
"Posse Comitatus Act" prevents the US military from operating on US Soil against Americans. But DHS, FBI's HRT and the ATF should be all over a militia cult that seizes power... Even after Waco and Ruby Ridge they'd at least cordon off the area and have a known presence.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Frankster said:
I'll echo the boring sentiment. Then again FC doesn't usually have stand out npcs other then the bad guys in my experience (didn't play all FC games).

Veldie said:

with your avatar id assume the command would be that of Zap. Throw endless body's into the grinder til they cant kill no more.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
"Posse Comitatus Act" prevents the US military from operating on US Soil against Americans.
Didn't stop a bunch of soldiers at Kent State University in the 60's from firing into the crowd.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
"Posse Comitatus Act" prevents the US military from operating on US Soil against Americans.
Didn't stop a bunch of soldiers at Kent State University in the 60's from firing into the crowd.
National Guard is a weird thing, while yes they're military, they're tied to states... its fucked up.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Veldie said:
with your avatar id assume the command would be that of Zap. Throw endless body's into the grinder til they cant kill no more.
Mmhhmm, it is a flawless and unbeatable stratagem with absolutely no counter so long as your men don't develop delusions of self preservation,eugh, such cowardice sickens me. *sips wine from the bridge of his command ship far away from the dangers of battle*

K12

Dec 28, 2012
If the resistance group is just called "The Resistance" (with a capitalised definite article so you know it's super serious) then that doesn't inspire me with much confidence about the writing in this game.

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
Aside from the obvious question of, "Why wouldn't the government just step in?", there is also the question of "Why dont I just leave?" You aren't stranded on an island like the other games. Instead of a dangerous fight to the death, couldn't the resistance just move to Florida or something?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
cthulhuspawn82 said:
Aside from the obvious question of, "Why wouldn't the government just step in?", there is also the question of "Why dont I just leave?" You aren't stranded on an island like the other games. Instead of a dangerous fight to the death, couldn't the resistance just move to Florida or something?
Dunno if your from US or not but Montana and Florida are not even in the same timezone lol

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Frankster said:
Veldie said:
Mmhhmm, it is a flawless and unbeatable stratagem with absolutely no counter so long as your men don't develop delusions of self preservation,eugh, such cowardice sickens me. *sips wine from the bridge of his command ship far away from the dangers of battle*
If I could +1 your post I would that was magnifico.

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
If there's an option to gun all three of them down at the slightest hint that they start giving me lip and the story will just go on as usual then I'm down for this.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Frankster said:

"Posse Comitatus Act" prevents the US military from operating on US Soil against Americans. But DHS, FBI's HRT and the ATF should be all over a militia cult that seizes power... Even after Waco and Ruby Ridge they'd at least cordon off the area and have a known presence.
Only thing I can figure is they have some kind of radio silence/bribery going making it so none of this gets out of Hope. Also I want to play the Pastor so I can yell out during playing "I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD!".

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Taking on a religious cult sounds like a fun premise. This could be the first Far Cry game I'll buy since FC2. Will wait for reviews of course, I'm not a fool.