Mega Man fans rejoice! A new preview video for fan made 'Mega Man X: Corrupted' is now available!

Jdb

May 26, 2010
The guys making this fantastic looking game are finally far enough to have a full stage 100% complete and ready to show off.

A public testing version is scheduled for release sometime this year (hopefully.) But at this rate, I believe it will definitely happen.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Didn't the last big Megaman thing get shut down? I seem to remember that. Chances are this probably will too, sorry to say. Certainly does look like Megaman though, which is cool I guess.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
That looks awesome, just like the good ol' SNES days. Too bad Capcom loves crushing all Megaman projects, including their own, these days. I'll be watching this in hope Capcom's lawyers are too busy suing other game companies.

Fan game creators everywhere, why u no wait until game is nearly done to announce it? If I was working on a fan game I'd keep it under wraps as long as possible with the only exceptions being recruiting someone with skills my team does have and just before going gold, when we want some public criticism. At least when you do that the game is basically already immortal on the 'net.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Hairless Mammoth said:
That looks awesome, just like the good ol' SNES days. Too bad Capcom loves crushing all Megaman projects, including their own, these days. I'll be watching this in hope Capcom's lawyers are too busy suing other game companies.
lol you need MONEY to sue people and old Crapcom isn't doing too good financially, they better keep to themselves if they want to survive and let Megamans be Megamans.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
yeah there's a reason you never hear of fan-made games existing. they get shut down with cease and desist orders. unfortunately...

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
this actually looks really good. It's a shame. They should have just got the entire game made, then right at the end go NUTS with shit like this thread, all over the place, release it for free, get as many people to get it as possible, and put a "donate" button in the game itself.

Cease and Desist won't really work against a tactic like that. But at this point, it's doomed.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
ProfMcStevie said:
Hairless Mammoth said:
lol you need MONEY to sue people and old Crapcom isn't doing too good financially, they better keep to themselves if they want to survive and let Megamans be Megamans.
Uh, Capcom is currently suing Koei because they believe that they own the right to the idea of expansion packs. Capcom certainly DOES have both the time and money for these things.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
xaszatm said:
ProfMcStevie said:
Hairless Mammoth said:
Uh, Capcom is currently suing Koei because they believe that they own the right to the idea of expansion packs. Capcom certainly DOES have both the time and money for these things.
Wow seriously? Guess they think there is a lot of money to be found suing Koei, cos they really are not doing very healthily. Also, how does one have the right to the idea of expansion packs? IS there gonna suddenly be waves of people suing companies for who first thought of the crosshair, who first ever released DLC? It's not so much an idea as it is a natural progression of making a game, I guess they should sooner start suing some of the older rpg expansion pack games, they are more likely to be the originals.