Mega Man Gets Some Super Marvel Universe Treatment

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Mega Man Gets Some Super Marvel Universe Treatment

We dare you not to grin a little when you check out this fan art using Mega Man sprites to depict Marvel's greatest characters.

Mega Man seems to be getting some great fan tributes recently. Aside from the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.209644-Shoot-Your-Friends-in-First-Person-Mega-Man>Mega Man mod for Doom II, an impressive 8-Bit panorama featuring all the big-name Marvel Universe characters has popped up on the Web. Spoiler alert: This thing is absurdly cute.

Self-proclaimed "crappy sprite artist" Irene Y Lee ("suzuran" on deviantART) created this panorama after she decided to give Megaman Spider-Man's abilities. "I liked the idea so I just started making Megaman shoot a webshooter," Lee explains on the <a href=http://suzuran.deviantart.com/art/Marvel-Megas-174226608?q=gallery:suzuran/9137287&qo=0>DeviantArt page for this piece. "[My] coworkers loved it so much that they asked for more powers, and it eventually turned into me just turning everyone into 8-Bit sprites."

Just about everyone who's a remotely major player in the Marvel Universe is here. In the section pictured here, from left to right, the following characters make an appearance: Ben Grimm, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Mister Fantastic, Silver Surfer, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Machine Man, Deadpool, Yellowjacket, Dr. Strange, Hercules, Iron Fist, and The Sentry. The full-sized version of the image even includes some of the big-name villains, like Apocalypse, M.O.D.O.K., and Dr. Octopus.

Personally, I think Lee is selling herself short as an artist. Customizing sprites might not seem like much of a challenge, but the panorama is very well done, with costumes and character details nicely implemented. More importantly, Lee's <a href=http://suzuran.deviantart.com/gallery/?9886241#Portfolio>other work in her portfolio is absolutely lovely.

Source: Geek.com

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
Looks awesome. Absolutely love it :) Great works, she certainly needs to give herself more credit!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Ghost Rider and Deadpool look especially great here. Nice work, Ms Lee.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
That's awesome! I'm slightly worried by the number of them I recognise though... Far more than most people, but not quite enough for full blown 'comic book guy' levels of knowledge

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Poor Villains. They're outnumbered about 3 to 1. This is a great idea for a flash game. Sort of like Super Mario Crossover.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
The Human Torch fits the most for me, although that's probably because that's what sprite I see about 90% of the time when I'm playing Mega Man. Always jumping over SOMETHING.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
For some reason I thought this was about Megaman getting to MvC 3's roster. For Marvel sprites, I'd rather see the ones on *cough* the RPG Maker Marvel game.