Mega Metagross Joins Pokemon Omega Red/Alpha Sapphire

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Mega Metagross Joins Pokemon Omega Red/Alpha Sapphire

The new trailer also shows off gym leaders, secret bases, and some kind of Pikachu cosplay contest.

Nintendo and Game Freak have just revealed a new trailer for its upcoming Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (dubbed "ORAS" by the fans). ORAS will feature a bunch of new "mega evolution" - a new kind of evolution already been revealed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126697-Pokemon-X-and-Y-Introduces-Mega-Evolutions]. But, the new trailer reveals a new mega evolution for one of my personal favorite Pokemon: the floating steel monster, Metagross.

Its worth noting that Metagross is the signature Pokemon of Steven, the Elite Four Champion in the Ruby and Sapphire series.

Along with the mega Metagross reveal, the trailer shows off a few more new features we can expect in ORAS. First up, we see how the original game's gym leaders will be brought into the 3DS's 3D engine, and then we are given a sneak peak at "secret bases" - customization "housing" that players can make and invite others to enter (or try and "break into").

One of the coolest features will be the ability to essentially turn your secret base into a personalized gym, forcing would-be intruders to battle a series of trainers while following a list of customizable battle rules.

The new games will also feature some sort of Pikachu cosplay contest, which appears to be related to the return of Pokemon Contests.

Source: Nintendo [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-wTDPviFq8&feature=youtu.be]

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
TimeLord said:
But I want it NOW!

Not in 4 months :(
My thoughts precisely. I've always liked Metagross, even if I can never think of a decent nickname for one. =D

On a side note, in addition to actually playing the game, which I'm sure I'll enjoy - I plan to get Alpha Sapphire - I might use some of the new additions - Mega Evolutions, mostly - in a fangame I intend to work on after I finish my first game project. The latter is another Pokémon fangame based on one of my role-plays here on the 'Pist, and is close to completion... or will be, once I get my butt back to work. Mega Metagross will definitely make an appearance in Project #2 - if someone out there in the fangame community produces static sprites for it.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
CounterAttack said:
TimeLord said:
But I want it NOW!

My thoughts precisely. I've always liked Metagross, even if I can never think of a decent nickname for one. =D

On a side note, in addition to actually playing the game, which I'm sure I'll enjoy - I plan to get Alpha Sapphire - I might use some of the new additions - Mega Evolutions, mostly - in a fangame I intend to work on after I finish my first game project. The latter is another Pokémon fangame based on one of my role-plays here on the 'Pist, and is close to completion... or will be, once I get my butt back to work. Mega Metagross will definitely make an appearance in Project #2 - if someone out there in the fangame community produces static sprites for it.
I nicknamed mine "T-1000"

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Of all the games coming out this year this is the only one I want. And I'm an adult. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, can't come soon enough.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
CounterAttack said:
TimeLord said:
But I want it NOW!

Metagross is my my favourite (Well, second favourite only to Espeon) and I almost always have one in my party when I play through a game. My favourite necknames so far were "Smarties" and "Cosmo".

OT: God damn, I want this so bad. Secret bases! I can invite my friends to my secret base! That is fucking brilliant! Also Mega-Metagross! I can't wait to nicname him Megagross!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Hope other mega evo's come such as Flygon, Salemance and Hariyama

Still can't wait for this =D My own GYM? YES PLEASE!

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Flygon, Salemance, and Milotic are my top three for mega-evolutions. I have a few others like Walrein and Galade, but those three first.

I've always liked Metagross, just cause he's so OP, but I really don't like his mega-evolution. Looks a little lame.