Megan Fox Quits Transformers Movies

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, they're going to be better now. But still mostly crap, until they get rid of the human drama.
I doubt it'll be better - or at least, in any measurable sense better - the root cause of the shitness of these movies is Michael "Boom" Bay, heh.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
oh my god, oooooh megan fox, yea big fucking deal.
Seriously the movies can only get better with her out of the way.

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Yes! Finally! About time! I hated that talentless twa........ I mean, no great loss, I also lol'ed at crew calling her "dumb", "ungracious", and "unappreciative". Funny cause its true

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
DJmagma said:
she didn't quit, she got fired. they're trying to make it look like she quit, fro her image.

I agree with this, Why the hell would anyone turn down a lead(ish) role in a multi million making sequel to one of the highest grossing films of last year. The dude may be tough to work with but come on it's not like it's shooting The Abyss or working with Werner Herzog. She would have all sorts of residuals and perks since she's be top billing and the sex appeal (ugh) Better to get some wide eyed FHM model who'll work for little and serve the same part.

I get the feeling the worst thing to deal with on a Michael Bay set is the daily contractual teabagging.

"Make sure the sun hits my junk just right!"

manicgreenapple

May 19, 2010
Matthew Ryder said:
manicgreenapple said:
Maybe now she can find a decent film that shows she can act without having shoving her ass or boobs at the screen every 10 minutes. I actually think the first Transformers was great, but the second one just made blood leak outta my ears. Michael Bay can do better than that.

He he he he, NO HE CAN'T
...Am I the only one who likes what Michael Bay does?

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
She didn't quit, her option was not renewed

"Paramount Pictures said Wednesday that Fox's option was not picked up for part three in the blockbuster Michael Bay series. The studio, which released the first two movies about shape-shifting machines doing battle, declined to give further details or say who would replace the 24-year-old actress." - AP

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
To all you people rejoicing at this news - What exactly are you so happy about? She wasn't the problem. She wasn't what made the Transformers movies crap. She's simply eyecandy with mediocre acting skills. If you want a problem, try these:

1. A retarded idiot directing the whole thing.
2. Two talentless rejects writing the whole thing.
3. Overly focused on human characters (seriously, I don't care about Shia LeBouf's college roommates)
4. Both movies massively succesful despite all the above, meaning the next one will follow in their footsteps.

Megan Fox is the least of the franchise's problems, and at least she was pleasant to look at...

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
manicgreenapple said:
Matthew Ryder said:
manicgreenapple said:
Maybe now she can find a decent film that shows she can act without having shoving her ass or boobs at the screen every 10 minutes. I actually think the first Transformers was great, but the second one just made blood leak outta my ears. Michael Bay can do better than that.

He he he he, NO HE CAN'T
You most certainly are not. Bad Boys I & II, The Rock and The Island were all very entertaining movies. Yeah, sure, you don't go to Bay if you want something deep, but the guy is good at what he does. And yes, the Transformers movies could have been better, but I can still watch them and enjoy myself (I just fast-forward over the cringeworthy parts), and considering that Bay didn't want to do them in the first place I guess they turned out alright.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Australia's Megan Gale could do a MUCH better job. Not comparing her to Megan Fox, but it'd be a nice replacement, would still fit the character.

But eh.. Needs more transforming robots punching each other.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
manicgreenapple said:
I think he's cheesy as hell, can't carry a story that much and always uses the same visual tricks and sub Joss Whedon one liners. But damn can that guy make explosions! I like a couple of his movies and I would not re watch them too much but when you want pure popcorn you can do worse. (not much worse)

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
Meh, I couldn't really careless if she leaves the Transformers franchise. Bay fucked up number 2 that bad that I'm not going to watch the third one.

I think this applies for Transformers.
Chopper Reid on Underbelly said:
"Too much rooting, not enough shooting"
Bu instead of rooting it's more like bitching about saying 'love'.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Furburt said:
Perhaps this is the early signal of the end times for the series? I really, really hope so. Those two films were some of the most bland, dull and unimaginative films I've ever seen.
I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to associate your description of those movies with your enjoyment of Avatar, but I can't.
My jerk powers failed me again.
OT: Eh, how utterly mundane.
Does anyone honestly think that if she is gone, the movies will be so much better?
manicgreenapple said:
My favorite movie is The Rock . That should tell you something...