Megan Fox: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Haters Can "F*ck Off"

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Honestly I'm just happy she had the brass to tell people to "fuck off" instead of coming out with some manufactured, publicly acceptable argument.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Brian Tams said:
As if I needed another reason not to go see this movie.

Criticism =/= Hatred

*thinking*

"Hater" is yet another word that humanity should lose the privilege of using.
Ya pretty much.

I think its everyone's right to be able to offer up criticism. To dismiss that as 'hatred' misses the point entirely - and is likely the fast lane route to Shamalan territory

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
With that attitude she should work for Microsoft's Xbox division, too bad for her Don Mattrick left because those two would've worked well together.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Can we all please stop with spelling curses with stars in it? This is the internet, everyone knows what you're saying, and there aren't any filters here. And it makes you look frankly childish and unprofessional. She said fuck, not f*ck.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Pyrian said:
Nazulu said:
...but it was never a fucking excuse to ignore criticism.
Wild success is a fantastic reason to ignore haters and double down on pleasing existing fans. You don't make money by not having anybody dislike your work, you make money by having enough people like it, and if you've got that, the rest don't really matter so much.

But pissing off your fans by pandering to people who don't like your work in the first place, is a great way to lose your existing audience without gaining a new one.
Wild success is not a fantastic reason to ignore criticism. It really depends what it is, and if you're known for being repetitive or shit at something, then it may drag you down to nothing in future. Either becoming stale or having your negatives outweigh everything else and become forgotten. Hell, we know a great artist is one that tries to improve, but I guess they're not really artists.

And your last sentence isn't based on anything.

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
AstaresPanda said:
Lets see, she's a *****. But thats just what ppl class as a good movie now. If it makes loads of money its a great movie even thou its a steaming pile of shit they still had to pay to see it so that price = a happy movie viewer. Not like i could have walked out of transformers 2 and demand my fucking money back. Id get told to fuck off.
You summarized today's Hollywood.
If it is marketing success, then it is "fing perfect movie and no one allowed to criticize"

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
To be fair, if I was as rich as her I wouldn't care what some nerds like me thought either.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
She does have a point, which scares me to think there's a subtle side to Fox... Hell I don't know her personally so I can't really judge her, that was rude of me.
But she has an underlying point, whether she notices it or not; The past few Bay movies are made to be consumed, they're not deep, not all too perfectly scripted but they hit the right high notes of action and fun. Its a misdiagnosed ADHD kid's dream, its how we all used to imagine in one form or another our made up stories with toys... Not quite as awesome as an adult, but one can appreciate them for what they are.
And they do tend to make fucking money. Why else would there be 4 Transformer movies, and one even has fucking Marky Mark. When you have Marky Mark, you've hit the level of cool that doesn't need to be a highbrow movie. (I think Wahlburg is all kinds of awesome... the dude has ham down to a science, and it works for him). If the movies are fan service, so the fuck what? Transformers never honestly had the best writing, it was a TV show made solely to market fucking toys and holy hell did it work. Hell Bay's versions aren't any worse than the show's writing.

Anyway, I went a bit overboard but she's right, however crass she put it. It galls me that folks complain about something they don't like being successful. Its all about subjectivity, and some shit is going to be popular as hell. Really who cares? I don't expect the TMNT movie to be super-deep best writing ever awesome, I'm not even going to pan it for being a Bay movie, I happened to enjoy most of his stuff for what it is. If I go to see it, which I probably won't since theater experiences are becoming a once in a while thing. Its fine to complain I guess, but its a bit narcissistic to think two differing opinions about something can still both be correct. Oh just another odd fact, TMNT would never have been super awesome had it not been for it having another marketing cartoon to sell toys to kids. Which also worked. (Happened with GI Joe too). Sucks for the TMNT comic, the original that is, because it was an awesome story (which they used parts of in the original TMNT movie) but the studios always want to play it safe with their IPs these days...

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
It would be much better PR to just go, "I hope you'll see the movie for yourself and form your opinions until AFTER the film is released" (which also encourages fans on the fence to take a plunge rather than walk away).

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
She might be a shallow bimbo, but in this case I agree with her. Kind of. I support her attitude at least. I have no interest in this movie whatsoever, but what is the point of hating it? What difference does the existence of this movie have in your life? Let people have their fun with it. It shouldn't bother you.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Nazulu said:
Pyrian said:
Nazulu said:
...but it was never a fucking excuse to ignore criticism.
Wild success is a fantastic reason to ignore haters and double down on pleasing existing fans. You don't make money by not having anybody dislike your work, you make money by having enough people like it, and if you've got that, the rest don't really matter so much.

But pissing off your fans by pandering to people who don't like your work in the first place, is a great way to lose your existing audience without gaining a new one.
...if you're known for being repetitive or shit at something, then it may drag you down to nothing in future. ... And your last sentence isn't based on anything.
You have an argument based on denying basic facts (like Michael Bay Transformers movies still making bank), and you accuse me of not having any basis for my claims. Face it: if fans of M.B.T.'s walk into M.B.T.5 and it's Bumblebee Driving Miss Daisy, they are NOT going to be happy.

Nazulu said:
Hell, we know a great artist is one that tries to improve, but I guess they're not really artists.
Ignoring haters is not the same thing as not trying to improve. There's a difference between striving to do better, and abandoning what made you successful in the first place. The reality is that most criticism of wildly successful franchises fits firmly into the latter category, and not only can but must be ignored if the franchise is going to continue to be successful.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
To be fair, this movie was getting a ton of heat since before anything was released for it so it's not really surprising she's finally getting pissed off with people bitching. I can totally understand that line of thought.

Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to actually have this line of thought. She seems to share Bay's line of thought:

I - for what it's worth - won't be seeing the movie, because I do not like what I have seen of it so far. Guess I can fuck off.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The Feast said:
Huh, weird. She says f u to the people who hate the new TMNT movie and yet, she call Michael Bay "Hitler" even though he is also involve in making the movie. Sounds like a b****h after getting paid more, even though she has been 'abused' by the same person who puts her to fame, in some way.
Eh, he had to agree to work with her as well. Looks like they've set aside their differences to make money out of crap movies.

See? Capitalism really does work.

PrinceOfShapeir said:
Can we all please stop with spelling curses with stars in it? This is the internet, everyone knows what you're saying, and there aren't any filters here. And it makes you look frankly childish and unprofessional. She said fuck, not f*ck.
Well...maybe she really said f*ck. Not sure how to pronounce that, though.

Nov 28, 2007
thaluikhain said:
The Feast said:
Huh, weird. She says f u to the people who hate the new TMNT movie and yet, she call Michael Bay "Hitler" even though he is also involve in making the movie. Sounds like a b****h after getting paid more, even though she has been 'abused' by the same person who puts her to fame, in some way.
Eh, he had to agree to work with her as well. Looks like they've set aside their differences to make money out of crap movies.

See? Capitalism really does work.

PrinceOfShapeir said:
You pronounce it Eff-stark.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
thaluikhain said:
Fuh-stark? I like it. EDIT: Better than Eff-stark, which should probably just be F-bomb at that point.

Megan Fox does seem to have PR issues. ...I find it a little refreshing, honestly. She says what she thinks. They're not supposed to do that.