WINDOWCLEAN2 said:
Mephodrone has done this:
KIlled 4 people. (at least)
Hospitalised many
Ruined the lives of many.
Mand a man rip off his own scrotem!!!!!
And its soon to be made illegal.

AKA - DONT DO IT.
How many millions have drink or smoking killed?

I bet even gaming has killed more people than mcat.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
"We would encourage anyone who may have taken the drug or knows somebody who has taken the drug to attend a local hospital as a matter of urgency"

According to whoever that was contributing to BBC News, having knowledge of somebody taking the drug may have the same effect as taking the drug yourself.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I smoke a bit, but that's it. I rarely even drink, it just doesn't do a lot for me.

Incidentally I am totally open to cannabis and LSD but I doubt I'll ever be in an oppurtunity to try them. I would like to try them at some point in my life because I'd like to try most things at least once before I die.

Grand_Pamplemousse

Aug 17, 2009
SenseOfTumour said:
I still say crap like this happens because marijuana is still illegal however.

If you could get a decent spliff cheaply and easily, would you really stick fertiliser up your nose?
And how, making class c drugs legal will reduce the amount of damage they cause. It means that they'll have to be government regulated - therefore safer.

If alcohol was released say... twenty years ago. Do you think it would be legal in society? It's only because it's so ingrained upon us that such a damaging addictive drug is still legal.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
The Austin said:
These people are snorting fertilizer?

FERTILIZER.

People are SNORTING FERTILIZER?
That is the stupidest fucking thing I have EVER heard. At least with cocaine they were snorting plant seeds. That made more sense.

Standby said:
OH THANK YOU, YOU SAVED ME.

Go back to your fucking daily mail.
Woa, woa, woa, someone needs to chill the fuck out.
That was one of the most undeserved displays of hate I have ever seen on The Escapist. He was just expressing his opinion, because he was asked to by the original post. You, on the other hand, just posted to unjustifiably flame another user.
Next time, I suggest that you actually add to the conversation.
Wrong.

What he was actually doing was spouting regurgitated fear-mongering 'facts', there was no opinion in the post whatsoever, probably why you neglected to actually include his post.
The reason for the 'hate' is because he is just the kind of person the makes the planet that much more mundane to live on.
Boredom is a disease worse than cancer, drugs cure boredom with little side effects when taken properly.

Let's just pull up that guys post now:
" Mephodrone has done this:
Hospitalised many

AKA - DONT DO IT. "

That is nothing compared to what alcohol and prescription drugs 'do' to people, so get down off your high-horse and let people who want to do drugs do them, it's their bodies, you should have no say over what they put in them.

skibadaa

Jun 13, 2009
Standby said:
WINDOWCLEAN2 said:
Hospitalised many

AKA - DONT DO IT.

MCat hasnt "killed" anyone. Out of the 4 associated and media hyped cases the only one with a hint of legitimacy was the case was of a man in his 30's or 40's who had a heart attack, and who probably would have had a heart attack MCat or not. The other three being a young girl and two boys are complete media hype, the results of the toxicology tests are not due on these cases for another 4 weeks minimum and the coroner has yet to put pen to paper on the matter, so untill then i say yes a tragedy but making a scapegoat of MCat is just going to shroud the real reasons for these deaths, the two lads were known to be using methedone AKA the Heroin substitute as well as multiple other substances so in all probability it was a concoction of many things that lead to thier untimely demise. Ive done Mephedrone, and its close cousin the lesser known but nigh identical Methylone in copious quantitys at raves over the last 6 months, as have all my friends, and all the people i go to college with, and all the people of the drugtaking public that i have encountered, and the funny thing is NONE OF US HAS DIED!! As has been previously stated the belief that Mcat is actually a plant food shows how little people know, and how little the free press knows to boot, because it isnt and never has been used in fertilizer. I am in agreement that it is wrong that there is a large customer base amongst minors, children should not be doing drugs full stop legal or not. Im 25 and i didnt take any class A substances untill i was 21, an age i feel i was responsible enough to see the line between use and abuse, and there IS a line, and schoolkids arnt responsible enough to see that line which is where the real problem lies. And frankly if the tabloids hadnt started thier campaign against legal highs then we wouldnt be having this debate, they have inadvertantly given MCat the best and widest possible free publicity available. Ide never heard of Mephedrone until i read about it in the paper. We already had a massive underage drinking problem again exaserbated by media coverage and now they have done the same for MCat. Apart from a pretty savage comedown and a sore throat, Methedrone poses little threat to anyone, unless you eat 10g at once and then you will probably have a heart attack but considering that would be nearly £100 of product i think that is beyond the financial reach of your average impressionable 12-16 year old thank fuck, but that would be no different than downing 2 litres of russian standard and there are plenty of young kids who have done exactly that and died of alchohol poisoning and not one of them is on the front of your sunday supplement. Fuck it all anyway, itll be illegal in 6 to 9 months and then maybe ill be finally be able to get some decent MDMA.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Ah, I heard about this. Some guy took some, and thought centipedes were crawling all over his body.
His soloution?
Rip his own scrotum off with his bare hands.
Ooo that sounds like fun. Of course, it would probably give you a sense of regret once you come down.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
Standby said:
WINDOWCLEAN2 said:
Hospitalised many

AKA - DONT DO IT.

Second.
Waaaaaaa! A topical drug killed less people in the last year than knife crime in london did in the last day.
Waaaaaa this means we must pass a bill ipso facto and not count the price and time it takes to enforce it.

People wonder why theres a fucking recession. Goddam media fear mongering.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
ethaninja said:
hazabaza1 said:
Ah, I heard about this. Some guy took some, and thought centipedes were crawling all over his body.
His soloution?
Ooo that sounds like fun. Of course, it would probably give you a sense of regret once you come down.
Indeed. He also apparently tried to rip his balls off afterwards, be he got restrained and taken to the hospital.

I don't think I'l ever do drugs.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
ethaninja said:
hazabaza1 said:
His soloution?
Indeed. He also apparently tried to rip his balls off afterwards, be he got restrained and taken to the hospital.

I don't think I'l ever do drugs.
No me either, if thats the type of stuff it leads to, then hell no.

mew1234321

Oct 15, 2009
This reminds me of this thing we had in Australia a while back, Beado's I think it was called. Apparently, if you ingested it, you'd get really, really high. Some kids nearly died from swallowing some and overdosing. Anyway, if you do cocaine and that sort of stuff, and this plant fertiliser isn't going to kill you as hard or whatever, go for it, I guess.

I still wouldn't do drugs though, but that's just me

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Another great case of pointless media hype, and of course, 90% of people would never have heard of this stuff if it wasn't for the wild horror stories.

This all coming from the newspapers which pretty much criticised the whole of Britain for 'wasting doctor's time' going to see them about symptoms that didn't mean anything, when they print a dozen articles a week telling you' 10 ways to see if you have cancer/swine flu/ whatever disease is "in" right now'

Yes, it's a bloody stupid thing to do, taking this stuff, but then so is alcohol and tobacco and most other drugs, you make the choice, you live with the consequences.

I won't be quite as heartless as some people here, (gonna have to change my username) but I do think promoting the deaths tenuously linked to meow meow as some tragic accident is a bit much, they may not have known the exact risks, but everyone knows that pretty much anything that's going to give you a high has risks attached. Legal doesn't mean safe, it just means it's too profitable or too new to ban yet.

Personally I like pizzas and chocolate, and when I drop dead of heart disease brought on by obesity, no-one's going to claim it was a 'tragedy', if it was reported at all, it'll be 'fat fuck eats himself to death'. I personally don't see much of a difference in drinking or drugs, you enjoy the benefits, and accept the risks.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
Just to clear things up a little bit(assuming it's mephedrone you're talking about). Mephedrone is not plant fertiliser. It's used in plant fertiliser. There's a difference.

I've got a few friends who take it and they've compared it closely to the high you get from ecstacy rather than cocaine. Apparently it's quite moreish, not addictive as it doesn't have any ill withdrawal effects. It's a case of if it's around then you'll want it rather than mugging someone to get a fix. Seems pretty benign, my pals who do take it often go for walks (and occasionally climb on top of high objects then realise they can't get back down...) and absorb everything around them. Of course they're fairly well-rounded individuals. I've also heard them mention there's no comedown from it. That's what I find hard to believe as the professional drug user knows: what goes up must come down. Every time.

My stance with this is the same for all drugs. If people want to use something recreationally then why not? So-called 'legal highs' are often legal for a reason (they barely do anything to you) but in the case of mephedrone it's a winner. Now because a couple of guys died (probably due to mixing it with alcohol/other substances/getting silly with it) it's to be outlawed. Why? How many people die each day from alcohol abuse?

On top of this if it is made illegal then there will be more problems as police will be busting kids out of nothing better to do, much in the same way they do with cannabis. Also if it's bought off the street people will not know what it's been cut with. For those of you that don't know, powdered drugs can be mixed with talcum powder, dextrose powder, washing powder and anything you can think of in powder form to bulk it up so the dealers can either save a cut for themselves or distribute more gear to make more money. As a result this is often the reason why people go mental on drugs/feel sick/die. At least if it's legal people will know what they're getting.

Aren't there more pressing matters at hand right now anyway?

titanium turtle

Jul 1, 2009
legalise everything- i don't want GORDON BROWN making MY moral choices

also- get caught doing drugs you could get seven years in prison- living for seven years with no family, friends, loved ones for that long in a building full of murderers and rapists will fuck you up more than any drug

also what about that research proving tobacco and alcohol are as bad or worse than ecstasy or cannabis- the guy got fucking fired for giving scientific evidence

rant ended....

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
cold killer pov said:
For those who dont know Meow meow or mkat (think they the same thing) are legal highs, much to the same tune of cocaine, now without trying to make a whole drugs thread and have a whos hardest by taking how much of the drug world.

Mkat/Meow Meow, is a plant ferterliser, is has the same effects as coke(From here its kind of personal opinion backed with newspapers and peoples accounts that i know.) But it can be a lot worse, mainly due to the fact there isnt as much research and knowledge in the product, so you OD theres different substances, so doctors cant treat as fast. Also from what iv read its HIGHLY addictive and seems to have sped up coke effects (such as nose dropping out.)

On the plus its dirt cheap £10 a gram compared to around £50 a gram for coke.

Personally, I'v never had the stuff, doesnt appeal. I would like to say im not a no drinking, no smoking, against everything, closed off from the outside world noob. I drink but not to excess, i dont smoke tobacco, but i always have some green on me (Imo tobacco does nothing too me and it doesnt appeal, but a bit of green here and there does no harm :p)

So basically i want to here, how you feel about these "Legal" highs and where you stand on the normal substance abuse, so yeah let us all know :) mainly about the legal high thing though :p
Try the Ganzfeld procedure. you cut a ping pong ball in half, cover you eyes with them, put a radio on static and lie down for a bit. You brain becomes addicted to the feeling of nothing, and it's like you're floating in utero.

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
mew1234321 said:
This reminds me of this thing we had in Australia a while back, Beado's I think it was called. Apparently, if you ingested it, you'd get really, really high. Some kids nearly died from swallowing some and overdosing. Anyway, if you do cocaine and that sort of stuff, and this plant fertiliser isn't going to kill you as hard or whatever, go for it, I guess.

I still wouldn't do drugs though, but that's just me
we had those in the states to, only they were called aqua dots. they were a kids toy that you could get wasted off of.