Metal Gear Collection 2014 Teased by Hideo Kojima

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Metal Gear Collection 2014 Teased by Hideo Kojima

More information about the quasi-mysterious Metal Gear Collection will be released during the Tokyo Game Show (September 18-21), so that leaves plenty of time for rampant speculation. Back in 2013, [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125387-Metal-Gear-Solid-Considered-for-Remake-UPDATED"]Kojima expressed[/a] he would love to see 1998's Metal Gear Solid remade using the Fox Engine, a game engine made for Kojima Productions. However, his studio is rather preoccupied with [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/metal%20gear%20solid%20v"]Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain[/a], and he clarified that he "wouldn't mind if a talented creator from an outside studio could [make] this happen."

Source: [a href="https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/509961963086938112"]Twitter[/a]

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
If this is reasonably priced, I might actually get this. Having never played any MGS games, I'd be interested in giving 1-3 a spin. I know the story's supposed to be, um, peculiar, but I'm interested in that stealth-action gameplay.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Bat Vader said:
Nice, hopefully the collection comes to PC. Would be awesome if they did.
This is pretty much the only way I'd be interested in it. Sadly I doubt it will transpire, since it would probably require a decent amount of work to port all of those over.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
If they include MGS1, I'm way way way onboard with this. I bought a PS1 and hunted down a copy just to play it, but the game wont go to disk two so I'm stuck at the end of disk one.

Plus I lent my HD collection to a friend and I get the feeling I wont be seeing it again, so access to MGS 2 and 3 would be great.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
juyunseen said:
If they include MGS1, I'm way way way onboard with this. I bought a PS1 and hunted down a copy just to play it, but the game wont go to disk two so I'm stuck at the end of disk one.

Plus I lent my HD collection to a friend and I get the feeling I wont be seeing it again, so access to MGS 2 and 3 would be great.
I'm guessing you don't have a PS3 or PSP, then? I think it's like $10 in the PS Store.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
Mike Hoffman said:
juyunseen said:

I'm guessing you don't have a PS3 or PSP, then? I think it's like $10 in the PS Store.
Unfortunately not. Stuck on Microsoft product because I'm too invested in Halo to switch.

thanatos388

Apr 24, 2012
Didn't he release this like a year ago? What would it be this time? Non cannon games too? More digital novels? Why would you do this only a year later? It's because of you get to include Ground Zeroes now isn't it?

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
wait a minute it wasn't long ago he released the legacy collection...I mean I bought that, and depending on content I might buy this too, but as much as I love Metal Gear, it's gonna take a lot to get me to buy this if it's just the Legacy collection with Ground Zeroes, if that's the case it better come with a lifesize statue of Metal Gear REX or no sale I'm afraid

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Sure, I already have Legacy Collection, HD Collection, and Essential Collection, but if this is on PC, I'll definitely rebuy the games contained within. If it's on PS4 and includes MGS4, I'll definitely buy it. If it contains a remastered MGS1, I'll definitely buy it.

P.S. Thanks

P.P.S. If it's on PS3 and has exclusively games I already have and an artbook, I'll probably buy it. I'm a sucker.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
CarlsonAndPeeters said:
If this is reasonably priced, I might actually get this. Having never played any MGS games, I'd be interested in giving 1-3 a spin. I know the story's supposed to be, um, peculiar, but I'm interested in that stealth-action gameplay.

I'd reccomend trying to play the original version of MGS1 if you can, the GameCube remake; Twin Snakes has prettier graphics, but its voice acting is...nowhere near as good. They had to re-record all the voice acting again because they didn't have a soundproof room on the original. It's not bad, but some characters have new actors who arn't as good as the originals and the originals that are there, are clearly annoyed.

Also MGS2 has the best stealth gameplay I'd say from a mechanical POV, enemies check in reguarly, enemies actually don't go back to just standing around like lemons once you've been spotted, replacements get called in to replace downed men. They're actually pretty intelligent, which makes it the hardest game of the three. They're certainly not as intelligent in Snake Eater. Well not the ones that get fooled by the crocodile hat anyway.

I'd say just pick up the HD collection and buy MGS1 from the PSN store if you can. That way you get 2 and 3 in HD, plus Peace Walker if you like the series.

Three is still the best though.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
thanatos388 said:
Didn't he release this like a year ago? What would it be this time? Non cannon games too? More digital novels? Why would you do this only a year later? It's because of you get to include Ground Zeroes now isn't it?
It will prolly have groundzeroes and phantom pain as well and thus have entire story complete in one package but I mean this is just me speculating I never got why they had that set a year ago when they had the collectors edition 2 years before that but hey not my decision.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
juyunseen said:
Mike Hoffman said:
juyunseen said:

Unfortunately not. Stuck on Microsoft product because I'm too invested in Halo to switch.
What about PC? The port is very playable

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
FogHornG36 said:
If you bring it to the pc, i will throw so much money at you!
I've been wanting to play SnakeEater for so long... BTW how the hell is Hideo Kojima 50 years old!?

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
If they re-release MGS 1/2 and release 3/4 on PC I'm sold. This is very possible now that Kojima announced MGS 5 on pc. Btw. why not go one step further and fox-engine Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake :D

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Hope this is Legacy + Revengeance on PC. Bit unfair for Konami to give us GZ and PP without giving us all the others.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
man, i really fucking hope they release the collection for PC

i hope all these games are included:

metal gear
metal gear 2
metal gear solid
metal gear solid 2
metal gear solid 3
metal gear solid portable ops
metal gear solid peace walker
metal gear solid 4

and maybe the metal gear ac!d games as well

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rednog said:
Bat Vader said:
Nice, hopefully the collection comes to PC. Would be awesome if they did.
This is pretty much the only way I'd be interested in it. Sadly I doubt it will transpire, since it would probably require a decent amount of work to port all of those over.
not quite

the PS4, Xbox One and PC all have similar architectures

thats why PC got ports of ryse and dead rising 3 so soon