Metal Gear Collection 2014 Teased by Hideo Kojima

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
ZiggyE said:
Hope this is Legacy + Revengeance on PC. Bit unfair for Konami to give us GZ and PP without giving us all the others.
I might have misunderstood your post. But Revengeance is on PC on steam and it is awesome.

I personally want MGS 4 on PC or even 360. I watched Chip and Ironicus' lets play of it and it looks like goofy fun.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
NuclearKangaroo said:
Rednog said:
Bat Vader said:
Nice, hopefully the collection comes to PC. Would be awesome if they did.
This is pretty much the only way I'd be interested in it. Sadly I doubt it will transpire, since it would probably require a decent amount of work to port all of those over.
not quite

the PS4, Xbox One and PC all have similar architectures

thats why PC got ports of ryse and dead rising 3 so soon
I don't believe Ryse is out yet, but considering how awful the port of Dead Rising 3 is....yea. While they do have similar architecture we have yet to really see a good port come over.
Also I would hazard a guess that the transition of them going from the PS3 versions of the games to PS4 would be far easier than a PC port.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Another Metal Gear Solid remake?

No, thank you. The original is fine as it was, and we all know the aberration you did with Snake Eater...

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
josemlopes said:
juyunseen said:
Mike Hoffman said:
juyunseen said:
If they include MGS1, I'm way way way onboard with this. I bought a PS1 and hunted down a copy just to play it, but the game wont go to disk two so I'm stuck at the end of disk one.

Plus I lent my HD collection to a friend and I get the feeling I wont be seeing it again, so access to MGS 2 and 3 would be great.
I'm guessing you don't have a PS3 or PSP, then? I think it's like $10 in the PS Store.
Unfortunately not. Stuck on Microsoft product because I'm too invested in Halo to switch.
What about PC? The port is very playable
I didn't even know there was a PC port.
But alas I'm a Mac user. Which is weird I know since I live and die by Microsoft console product.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rednog said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Rednog said:
Bat Vader said:
Nice, hopefully the collection comes to PC. Would be awesome if they did.
This is pretty much the only way I'd be interested in it. Sadly I doubt it will transpire, since it would probably require a decent amount of work to port all of those over.
not quite

the PS4, Xbox One and PC all have similar architectures

thats why PC got ports of ryse and dead rising 3 so soon
I don't believe Ryse is out yet, but considering how awful the port of Dead Rising 3 is....yea. While they do have similar architecture we have yet to really see a good port come over.
Also I would hazard a guess that the transition of them going from the PS3 versions of the games to PS4 would be far easier than a PC port.
is capcom we are talking about mate, the port seems functional atleast

RanceJustice

Feb 25, 2011
I'd love to see an expanded, upgraded collection, but only if A) it debuts on PC and B) it includes MGS4 and possibly Peace Walker C) all games are upgraded, "best, integral/substance/subsistence style" types.

We've already have plenty of remakes of MGS, re releases of MGS2 and MGS3 etc... another collection that basically does more of the same for consoles, bores me. MGS4 is the only one I've yet to play/finish of the main series; though I eventually got an (original, non-cutdown) PS3, I found that MGS4 was hobbled by the fact that MGS Online was removed, but along with that, there a wide variety of single-player, code-unlockable items that required download, and I recently heard it is no longer possible to acquire them. I can only hope that I was able to collect the full set back when I first got the game.

The PC is by far my platform of choice, and I went out of my way to buy MetalGear Rising: Revengence to show Konami that the platform is viable - that they should bring "best versions" of their titles to PC, with a reasonable price was was done with MGR:R. I'd love to finally play though MGS4:Revival and a version of Peace Walker enhanced for more reasonable controls, on PC. I know Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain will finally be coming to PC, and I plan to buy them both, but I'd love to see a collection of the "enhanced, updated whole saga" on PC (especially MGS4) first.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
If this includes HD versions of Portable Ops, or the Ac!d games; count me in.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
If it is for my PS4 or possibly PC, I'll buy it. No hesitation. I love me some metal gear.