Metal Gear Movie Unlikely to Solidify

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Niiiice. First MGS and now SM4 is pulling the plug. Like a decease or something.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I think it will prolly be better off this way. Movies off ames never seem to go well, and it would be a shame to butcher such a beautiful series if it went to the theatre.

We can all dream at least

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
I would love to see a MGS movie directed by Uwe Bole. Hopefully it would star Matt Daemon as Snake and Ben Affleck as Raiden.

Powerman88

Dec 24, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Wouldn't it be funny if the movie was interrupted every five minutes by a ten hour game sequence?
That has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on these forums.

Dec 14, 2009
Powerman88 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Wouldn't it be funny if the movie was interrupted every five minutes by a ten hour game sequence?
That has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on these forums.
I think I just had my Escapist one hit wonder... I will never be as funny again, and that makes me sad.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
This is going right down Duke Nukem Forever's way.

Thank The Light this movie will never get made. Because MGS is now nothing less than just another lurching undead monstrosity in the sea of undeath that is today's moneymilked franchises.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Metal Gear couldn't possibly work as a movie; It suffers from an advanced from of [and hitherto unknown form of] Lord of the Rings syndrome [meaning there's just too much story there to deal with]

------------------------------------------

There is a way to make it work though and it could result in more cash for those who make it. Not one but several animated series. One series about Big Boss and the formation of The Patriots. One Series about Solid Snake [MG - NES up until about MGS I think]. A third, post-S-Snake storyline as seems to be implied by the continued existence of Raiden [or so I Assume: I haven't yet managed to get through MGS4 quite yet]

With all of the given content in a single Metal Gear title, you could probably even make mini-series out of the supporting cast. Detailed descriptions of the humble beginnings of the Beauty and the Beast corps. The early lives of Vamp, 'Revolver' Ocelot, Raven, GREY FOX, Sniper Wolf [and her love affair with Otakon] and, many MANY others.

It would be a huge commitment though and could possibly end up being a longer story than Dragon Ball through GT but, I am sure there are many people who would say it would all be worth it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Yopaz said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I was thinking that too!

But then, you may as well play the games, BAM! There's your movie right there :)
No, that's the opposite of the game.
How so? I've played all of them and they're more of an interactive movie in my opinion.
Mu point exactly. 5 minutes of movie then 10 hours of gameplay would be an actual game, not an interactive movie.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Doug said:
Honestly? If you like Metal Gear, you should be glad; I know it hurts to think the movie will never come out but just think...

...the Metal Gear movie would probably have joined THIS crowd if it where ever released ;)
Videogame films never work. The entire genre should be scrapped.