Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Lets You Recruit Hideo Kojima

Austin MacKenzie

Jan 26, 2010
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Lets You Recruit Hideo Kojima

Gamers who've ever nurtured the hidden desire to make Hideo Kojima dance to their whim are in luck, because he can be recruited to your Mother Base staff in Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker [http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Solid-Peace-Walker-Sony-PSP/dp/B002BS47TE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278515958&sr=1-1].

We're not quite sure how to do it since the only strategy guide is in <a href=http://srwzwiki.com/mgspw/?%BE%AE%A5%CD%A5%BF%A1%A6%CE%A2%B5%BB>Japanese, but Peace Walker players will be able to find "Game Designer Hideo" and bring him onto their team. Hideo, who, according to his profile is "... made up 70% of movies. You can decide what to do with the remaining 30%," is not much for combat, but is an S-rank healer and information gatherer. He is also a terrible cook, which means that while you can make Kojima prepare your Peace Walker buffet, it's probably not the best of ideas.

While searching for Hideo in-game, you'll receive the clue "Have you heard the rumor that a god was found in the truck?" The god in question is, naturally, Kojima himself. As it turns out, one of the character's middle and last names are made to sound like the phrase "Kojima is god" in Japanese, a further clue to finding the elusive game designer.

Source: andriasang

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Is there a way to kill him or get him killed? If so, I'd totally get a PSP again just for this. I freaking hate Kojima.

Baconmonster723

Mar 4, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Is there a way to kill him or get him killed? If so, I'd totally get a PSP again just for this. I freaking hate Kojima.
Can't agree more........I think i should feel bad but I honestly don't care.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
This is both funny, deserving and arrogant.

Congrats, Mr. Kojima, I diden't know that was possible!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That is pretty epic! Would so have him as a healer...at least he is a self-admitted bad cook though XD

captainfoss

Apr 21, 2010
Oh Hideo and his antics,
But i agree, that picture is over used.
Can't wait to see Hideo in game!
Time for that peach walker buffet Xp

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
Wow, that's a pretty arrogant thing to play yourself up like that. Its one thing if he puts himself in the game, that's a cool idea, but having all the references to yourself in the game compare yourself to a god is nothing short of egomania.

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009

He's a good Deliverer and Doctor. Wonder why he's not a good Developer; it makes sense to me.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Based off of the picture above this post, and the line that reads; "is not much for combat," I'm going to assume he's going to be fully playable. If so then WHO HOO! Now I can finally fulfill my dream to have Hideo go berserk on a guard outpost with a LMG and RPG!

Now I'm even more excited for Peace Walker, he he he, Hideo you magnificent bastard you, what will you think of next?

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
sinclose said:
Would you stop using that picture in Kojima articles?
Why would they do that? It's the perfect image for accompanying any news that might be tangentially related to Kojima. By which I mean it makes it impossible to take him or anything he does completely seriously. That way lies madness!

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Ha ha ha, I'm going to download this game right away!
Oops, did I say that out loud?
Quick, avoid the pirate police!

laryri

May 19, 2008
Clearly he is in the truck that mew was under. It all makes sense now.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I'm not sure whether or not to consider that clever or obnoxious. Hope he rides that duck though. That would be pretty funny.

Psychophante

Nov 9, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Couldn't have said it better myself. He's a tool.