Metal Gear Solid Remake - Speculation

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I don't think I'm interested in an MGS without Kojima, even if all they do is copy-paste from the script.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I don't think I'm interested in an MGS without Kojima, even if all they do is copy-paste from the script.
I would be if he got involved but it’s doubtful. Maybe he has regrets about how it turned out and this would be his chance to “fix” things. That would be well worth it, but I’ll still be waiting for a cheaper slim bundle regardless.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
How about no. Just no, please. Even if Kojima is involved. Just release the original game on the Playstation store (for the PS4 and 5) and leave it at that.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Probably just gonna turn out to be Metal Gear themed pachinko machines.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
And here I am, thinking that MGS games would have been much better written if Kojima had hired an editor. He's an atrocious writer.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
The issue that I had with Twin Snakes was that it directly used Metal Gear Solid's level design, but with MGS2's mechanics, and they were not meant to go together. Revolver Ocelot's duel for instance turns from a tense game of cat and mouse into 'just go into first-person and shoot him a lot'. While I'm not going to immediately write off the possibility that it could be good, even without Kojima's direct involvement, let's just say that remaking Metal Gear Solid doesn't exactly have a great track record, and it's definitely not enticing enough to get me to drop $875 on a PS5 and a game for it.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I have zero interest in a Metal Gear Kojima isn't involved in. Hell, I have little interest in a Metal Gear he is involved in, you could tell that his heart wasn't really in MGS 4 and V. Death Stranding was his first game in a pretty long time that felt like he actually gave a shit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Remember the Twin Snakes? How it needlessly added scenes where characters do pirouettes and other acrobatic nonsense to give a sense of how cool those characters are, making the thing even more over the top and silly?

I don't want to remember either.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
If any Metal Gear games need remaking, it's the original two. As in, not Solid, the originals. Update the graphics, update the gameplay, update the story, etc.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I have zero interest in a Metal Gear Kojima isn't involved in. Hell, I have little interest in a Metal Gear he is involved in, you could tell that his heart wasn't really in MGS 4 and V. Death Stranding was his first game in a pretty long time that felt like he actually gave a shit.
I just want Rising 2, but we all know that's never going to happen either. No need a worser remake either.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I remember hearing rumors about sony buying konami or something, maybe this is tied to that?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Metal Gear?
Nanomachines?

Honestly, I felt it was such a lost opportunity in MGSV when Venom is in the jeep with Skull face who goes on to monologue for like 10 fucking minutes and Snake wasn't interrupting every other sentence.

"I was born in a small village..."
"A Small Village?"
"They took away my language...."
"Language?"
"A Weapon to surpass Metal Gear"
"Metal Gear?"

I'd honestly be happy to have a PC port for all of the games other then MGSV and Revengence. Okay, a PC port that is readily available (MGS1 and MGS2 have ones but apparently they are easy for find anymore). Since my PS3 went on strike a month ago and now I can't play the Legacy collection unless I emulate it, yeah.

If any Metal Gear games need remaking, it's the original two. As in, not Solid, the originals. Update the graphics, update the gameplay, update the story, etc.
Yeah, I hate to break it to you but that's pretty much what MGS1 is. It cribs so much from the first two games(I can provide a small list if you would like, but there are specfic scenes and gimmicks) that trying to remake them are inevitably going to run up against "Isn't this just MGS?"

The only thing you'd really get out of MG and MG2 being remade is getting to see Big Boss before he became the WORLDS BEST MERCENARY WE ALL WANT TO BE LIKE! and even then he's only actually in each game for a handful of minutes(and the only actual conversation he has with Snake in MG2 most notably does not have a Darth Vader-like confession where he tells him that they're father and son that MGS retconned in there).

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I would be if he got involved but it’s doubtful. Maybe he has regrets about how it turned out and this would be his chance to “fix” things. That would be well worth it, but I’ll still be waiting for a cheaper slim bundle regardless.
I think him and Konami have parted ways for good and honestly, I wouldn't be suprised if he isn't glad to be rid of Metal Gear. If you believe the stories, he's been trying to end the series for a long time before MGSV. Considering MGS2's ending, MGS3 being a prequel and MGS4 trying desperately to wrap everything up in a neat package, one could easily make that argument.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Please get Bluepoint to do it. They do everything good and seem to be suspiciously capable of not annoying even fans. We don't speak of the purists.

Fuck knows what konami do anymore beyond sustaining their shabu shabu addictions through pachinko and PES. They certainly can't be trusted with beloved franchises anymore.

Reactions: Dalisclock