Metal Gear Solid: Rising Makes Mercy an Option

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
Its strange that it's multi platform but i'm glad that many more people will get to experience metal gear, and good thing its coming to pc as well. I just hope that the game isnt a dumbed down hack n slash, but it seems it wont be simply because of the option of showing mercy. MGS never seemed to me to be about killing people anyway(although i often killed people with a silencer in order to keep moving). So i'm glad we have the option. I'm sure that most people's concerns about the rising is that it wont be metal gear solid, seems like they are doing their best to keep it as solid as possible. Good luck to them, looking forward to it.

Rogue426

May 7, 2009
Wow, didn't expect people to agree with me >.>

But yes, i'm liking the idea of non violent options when it comes to games. I hope more games embrace the idea. THough in turn i hope it doesn't go over board and they start trying it for something like Halo...That wouldn't work out well in my opinion.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
How is this still paraded as a feature? You've been able to do this in Metal Gear Solid games since Sons of Liberty.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
ANImaniac89 said:
So a game that looks to have one of the most interesting sword fight mechanic I have ever seen now lets you NOT kill people.
Grab yourself a used copy of Afro Samurai, because it's the exact same mechanic in terms of sword fighting. It's an interesting mechanic, and if you like that mechanic, then you may like Rising.

thetrue13th

Aug 21, 2010
This sounds majorly cool. MGS2 showed us the effect of being turned into a virtual snake on an average person and the consequences it has on them. By MGS4 raiden is screwed up but royally, a burnt out shell of a man who has lost everythin he cares about AND his humanity. Now Kojima is going to let us see the consequences of those awesome sword fights through these expressions of pain? Awesome! It's nice to see the reactions of the mooks you'll be cutting through given more thought than "It'd be awesome if they screamed when you hit 'em in the balls"

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
I have to admit I'm kind of weird this way.

I always prefer to avoid killing people when I can help it (unless in game, they're this obviously evil/annoying person).

Mercy makes you feel more like a 'hero', especially when they're not black/white evil. That's why I always loved tranquilizer guns/disarming/etc.

It was really funny when I was playing prototype. A lot of 'oops sorry!' 'Ack, needed to be done', 'gak! sorry about that!'

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
this will definately be interesting. Whereas ninja gaiden rewards you for gross disembowlment, i am curious to see hwo this game will do it.

still, i'll probably slice my way through the first playthrough :D

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
antipunt said:
I have to admit I'm kind of weird this way.

I always prefer to avoid killing people when I can help it (unless in game, they're this obviously evil/annoying person).

Mercy makes you feel more like a 'hero', especially when they're not black/white evil. That's why I always loved tranquilizer guns/disarming/etc.

It was really funny when I was playing prototype. A lot of 'oops sorry!' 'Ack, needed to be done', 'gak! sorry about that!'
It'd be hilarious if someone who felt sorry about every kill played like me

"OOPS, sorry to kill all 30 of you but I needed to test out my whip arm"
"I needed to shoot at you with that tank to kill that unsuspecting soldier"
"Sorry about grabbing you, running you up a skyscraper and then throwing you off"

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Mercy? With that kinda crazy swordplay?

That's pointless.

What's next? A stealth version of Left 4 Dead?
Valve, are you reading this?

I like the option of pacifist runs. I'll never complete one, but I like the option.