Metal Gear Survive Delayed to Early 2018

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Metal Gear Survive Delayed to Early 2018

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1414/1414256.jpgKonami has delayed the upcoming multiplayer spin-off Metal Gear Survive into next year.

Metal Gear Survive was announced at Gamescom last year. It's set in an alternate timeline after MGS5: Ground Zeroes. Instead of a single-player action game, Survive is a multiplayer games that lets teams of up to four players take on zombie-like enemies. It's also the first game in the long-running series that won't have Hideo Kojima involved in any way. But there's some bad news for those looking forward to the game - Konami has delayed it into next year.

The news comes via Polygon [https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/13/15796884/metal-gear-survive-delayed-e3-2017-konami-ps4-xbox-one-pc], who spoke to Konami at E3 today. According to that article, the game has been "pushed back a few months" in a bid to give the team more time to polish the game.

Although it was originally slated to release this year, Konami now says the game will land on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in early 2018.

[gallery=7517]

Nov 28, 2007
Doesn't matter how much they polish it. The best result they can possibly hope for is a decent zombie survival shooter. Which are three words that have no place in a Metal Gear game.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
thebobmaster said:
Doesn't matter how much they polish it. The best result they can possibly hope for is a decent zombie survival shooter. Which are three words that have no place in a Metal Gear game.
Yep, a highly polished turd is still a turd

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
That feel when no article mention of Dragonball FighterZ exists but instead mentions about this game nobody cares about if not actively hates exist.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
They're just gonna run and ruin every series into the ground, aren't they?

#FucKonami

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
They can stuff it where the sun don't shine.

After making you PAY real money so that your home base is not raided while you are offline, I whish this company nothing but bankruptcy.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
thebobmaster said:
I could see "survival" to describe a Metal Gear game.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Boy, I'm so excited for Metal Gear Zombies, guys, I just can't keep it in. I definitely play Metal Gear games for their multiplayer, and I've always thought the only thing that could possibly improve them would be co-op horde modes against the same enemies every other co-op multiplayer shooter uses!

This is going to be the game of the century when it releases, just you all wait and see.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
"These zombies are the key to all this, if we can get them working, because zombies are a much funnier enemy than we've ever had in the games."

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
This is the first I've heard of this game. What the fuck do Konami think they are doing? First Silent Hill now MGS? Why can't they just fuck off and leave things alone :(

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
thebobmaster said:
Aren't there enough "Zombie Survival Games" on the market? Really Konami? Did you really think the world needs yet another?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Dalisclock said:
thebobmaster said:
Aren't there enough "Zombie Survival Games" on the market? Really Konami? Did you really think the world needs yet another?
Depending on the mechanics, it can be interesting enough to play. And if it's sold for a reasonable low price (about 20 bucks), I don't see really that much of an issue with it as a game itself.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
So now Silent Hill is a pachinko machine and Metal Gear Solid is a MMO with zombies.

#FucKonami indeed.