Metal Gear Twitter App Allows Stealthy Tweeting

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Metal Gear Twitter App Allows Stealthy Tweeting

Metal Gear TW for iOS will combine espionage with social networking later this year.

Have you ever wished there was more espionage involved in social media? If so, you're not alone. Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima's studio is working on an app that will add stealth and camouflage modes to your Twitter account. Called Metal Gear TW, the app will give users more control over who can see what parts of their updates.

Metal Gear TW's "camouflage mode" allows users to censor parts of tweets, ensuring that only designated people can access them. The app also has a stealth mode, which lets people block or ignore others--without them finding out. While Twitter already has built-in private accounts and block functions, Metal Gear TW's features actually sound pretty practical if you only want to hide some of your content from the general public, not all of it.

Metal Gear TW will be released on iOS by the end of 2012, though it's unclear if that means Japan only or worldwide.

Source & Image: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5944866/introducing-metal-geartwitter]

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, they won't find out.

*Goes to check someone's tweets*

Oh, I can't see them? But other people on my timeline can? Hmmm...

Yeah, they won't find out. I see no problem with trying to be sneaky on the Twittersphere. None whatsoever.

Apart from that, it seems pretty cool, if it works the way it's supposed to.

Mysten

Sep 28, 2008
Everything could use more espionage. Even espionage.

Think about it: double espionage.

I honestly don't even care what the app does, I just want a Metal Gear Twitter app for the sake of having a Metal Gear Twitter app.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I cant see how this will work, unless the people you want to view a special tweet will have to use the app as well? The inner mechanics aside, Im not too interested in this - I treat Twitter like my public soap box and use FB for the more personal based comms via its list system.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Nitpick mode: It's "There" not "Their"

Sorry, stuff like that bugs me.

Anyway the app sounds interesting, but I wonder how effective it will actually be.

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
Mysten said:

Yo dawg, I herd u liek espionage, so I put sum espionage all up in ur espionage.

OT: Calling it a Metal Gear app will automatically increase sales by 500%

Jan 12, 2012
Mysten said:

GASP! You could use double espionage to find out where Double-Hitler is hiding! It's brilliant.

OT: I don't know why Kojima is involved in this, other than to add the Metal Gear name to the app and increase sales. Still, I guess what social media needs is more ways to be passive-aggressive.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Providing it works as described, and is not a hassle then this seems bloody useful, and would be awesome even if it weren't metal gear related. Cool.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
First Metal Gear TW then... GW and Arsenal Gear. It's a slippery slope my friends, a slippery slope.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
Somethingfake said:
Nitpick mode: It's "There" not "Their"

Sorry, stuff like that bugs me.

Anyway the app sounds interesting, but I wonder how effective it will actually be.
Assuming you're talking about "who can see what parts of their updates," then no. It is already correct.