Metal is starting to leave my heart

Steviespartan

Jan 5, 2010
tologna said:
Steviespartan said:
tologna said:
Slipknot= the Insane Clown Posse of Nu-Metal
I don't think they're really nu-metal, maybe like metalcore, bordering at times on death metal
Though, they do exibit some elements of thrash(or possibly black) particularly in drum-tempo.
Yeah, just not nu-metal per se, because they aren't experimenting much, like Korn is, for instance

Steviespartan

Jan 5, 2010
just to check, has anyone found anything... weird about rammstein, like in a gay-ish way? I'm looking at some concert footage and...

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Danik93 said:
I was a "hate everything that's not metal" kinda guy when I was younger but Metal has started to get blasted away from me by the loud beats of Techno, Drum n' Bass etc.

And for added discussion value I'll ask you how have you're taste of music evolved the last year/years?
The reason why your taste have changed is because no one can be sustained on just one thing alone. We need variety, and we move onto new pastures once we have thoroughly grazed on the current one.

As for my tastes, I can't say that they have really kept consistently to a certain genre. Currently, I am listening to Daft Punk's Tron:Legacy, but only 2 weeks back I was listening to Pink religiously, and the fortnight before Disturbed.

aside: the Deadmau5 thing just gave me a splitting headache, and I don't know why. I thought it was great!

tologna

Aug 6, 2009
Steviespartan said:
just to check, has anyone found anything... weird about rammstein, like in a gay-ish way? I'm looking at some concert footage and...
I have always gotten a wierd "vibe" from them... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Im just going to say that good metal or bad metal, its better to listen to two bad bands from different genres then one good band.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Wiezzen said:
TeeBs said:
Im just going to say that good metal or bad metal, its better to listen to two bad bands from different genres then one good band.
Quality is better than quantity.
My original point was Variety is better then Purity, but whatever.