Metro 2033 free on Facebook.

JustPhil

Dec 7, 2009
THQ is giving away steam keys for Metro 2033 on their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MetroVideoGame?sk=app_395840630491782

Just click like to get the code. You don't have to download the .exe, you can just redeem the code on Steam.
Considering they released their humble bundle for whatever you wanted to pay, I'd say this is beyond being decent.

*edit*
The give away ends on 16th December.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
I'm not gonna say no to a free game that I've heard great things about, but I feel kinda bad for taking THQ up on it. I really do hope they can get back on their feet.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
O_O that's insane. Aren't they losing money? This is amazing but wow, just wow.

Jun 11, 2009
Wow. That's, just . . .

I mean, wow. Free games are one thing, but Metro 2033 of all things?

JustPhil said:
Considering they released their humble bundle for whatever you wanted to pay, I'd say this is beyond being decent.
THQ have really come full circle, haven't they? This giveaway, the humble bundle, and their more recent games (the surprisingly good Space Marine, for instance) don't bear any resemblance to the Spongebob games I used to play as a kid.

Good on you, THQ. I hope other companies take after your example.

Sep 15, 2012
Their recent marketing stunts are aimed at creating some more investor interest by showing they still have products the market wants. I suspect they were having problems with shipping the upcoming titles, so the short-term funds help a lot and the Metro 2033 giveaway specifically is aimed at bringing the game to a larger playerbase, hopefully increasing the hype for Metro Last Light and increase sales.

I already did my part, I sent a letter out to a third party.
"Please buy Relic Entertainment from THQ."
- Love, KellogsFriedChikn