Metro 2034 Will "Compete With Call of Duty"

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
GenericAmerican said:
Moeez said:
If it does have CoD shooting mechanics, then I'll waste less bullets on the fucking LIBRARIANS! But then that was what made it intense on the PC, losing bullets and fumbling around all survival horror like.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100417000431/metro2033/images/thumb/4/4c/Metro2033_(2)_2010-03-23_14-08-41-71.jpg/250px-Metro2033_(2)_2010-03-23_14-08-41-71.jpg
I killed...every...one...of...those...bastards...because I couldn't sneak around them, they just kept walking towards me.

So there went all of my shotgun and AK ammo, and most of my revolver ammo.

Scary/Good memories
Attacking them with a knife is NEVER a good idea.

Just saying.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
I absolutely loved the first game; I hope the changes won't detract from the "survival horror" element in any way and only add to it because those are what made the game feel so visceral and enjoyable.

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
Tinneh said:
Super Jamz said:
The only thing i'm wondering is where they'll go with the plot in the sequel.

I mean, they managed to translate the atmosphere from the book quite well in the game, but now they're finished with the book's setting, where do they go?
Metro 2034 is a book too, isn't it?
It is what the last 2 people who quoted me said.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
RedRussian said:
teh_Canape said:
this isnt my name said:
I still havent got around to buying the game (im broke) but
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It looked great why make it like CoD ?!

Polish is good for games, but CoD isnt a good FPS game. Imo.
well, to be honest, Metro 2033 could've used better shooting mechanics

and admit it, the Call of Duty series has excellent shooting mechanics

lolrhyme
Yes, even if you dont like COD overall, it has extremely tight controls.
Yeah the controls are great on CoD, when you play another iron sight shooter you're always wondering why it seems so terrible compared to CoD. I wish they could make them as smooth and good as CoD's.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mimsofthedawg said:
So THQ says, "We're gonna make sure the sequel actually WORKS." and then people freak out about the potential of americanizing it? What, only American's make things work well? This hardly seems news worthy from that perspective.
I don't think it was broken. Hard, perhaps, although whether or not that's a problem is largely a matter of taste. But I'm not sure where you're getting the "freak out" part from. Bilson is the one who referred to "Americanization," and I think it's a legitimate concern. More polish and push is one thing and obviously welcome, but corrupting the distinct flavour of games like 2033 is most definitely not.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Here's hoping they just mean the control scheme and this was a mistranslation. Bothe CoD's 6&7 were little more than noise from start to finish with laughable "stories". Metro was unique with options of turning off the HUD and making everything die from a few shots. The stealth was also quite good. My only gripes were with the sometimes mentally defective A.I (Protip: taking cover doesn't work if you end up on the same side as your enemy with your back to them.) and the punishing autosave system. One predetermined save is all you get, so don't fuck up or back to the beginning!

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
No, no.. no, do not compete with Call of Duty.

The only reason you ever got Any sales with Metro 2033, THQ, was because of the solid difference from Call of Duty, and the true original identity you developed with Metro.

Yea, now let's go ahead and change all that for something in the CoD field. No.