Metro: Last Light "Mobius" Trailer Captures a Tragic Moment

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Metro: Last Light "Mobius" Trailer Captures a Tragic Moment

The Metro: Last Light "Mobius" trailer is a stunning rendition of a single, devastating moment of life in the post-war tunnels of the Moscow Metro.

Life in the mutant-infested tunnels beneath the devastated ruins of Moscow is not pleasant, a point made very clear by this post-release video created by Alexander "Monakh" Bereznyak, originally a capture artist at Metro developer 4A Games who later joined the production team as lead technical artist. But he continued to work on this video alone, and now that it's complete he's turned it loose.

The video captures a single moment during a massive attack of mutants on a Metro station. The battle seems to hang in balance; the station appears on the verge of being overrun, but the Rangers are coming. Yet the feeling of hopelessness is palpable. There is no victory here, just delay.

Maybe I get too wrapped up in these things, but this video really knocks my socks off. Bravo to Mr. Bereznyak for his effort and artistry, and for so effectively capturing the bleakness of Metro.

Thanks to Charcharo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Charcharo] for the tip.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
I'd like it better if the action was more consistant. Every scene it moved to I couldn't help but think
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5638359552/hD4ED981C/
So he was outside the settlement the whole time? Why would they put the controls OUTSIDE?
Control posts are always put at certain distances outside of settlements, in this case near a escalator to the surface to monitor incoming threads. The door being closed is for safety reasons for people in the setllement itself, not that it matters much now.

Aug 1, 2010
Holy fuck.... That was a truly fantastic trailer.

On nearly the same level as that amazing Dead Island trailer.

The game certainly lives up to it too.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Yea... shit well and truly hit the fan.

I'm just not sure though whether I should applaud his imagination, or recommend he gets himself checked out.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
That old lady was badass.

Fuck using high powered sniper rifles and automatic shotguns, she's killing a nosalis with fucking SOUP.

Zigot66

Aug 21, 2009
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:

I would argue that it is better than the Dead Island Trailer. The Metro that they created is not so different than this. If you include the books, this is painfully vivid. Dead Island had a great trailer but was let down by the game's actual content.

I say though if they wanted to create a truly heartbreaking moment in game they should have you play through the fall of Timiryazevskaya station as Artyom's mother.

Aug 1, 2010
Zigot66 said:
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:

I would argue that it is better than the Dead Island Trailer. The Metro that they created is not so different than this. If you include the books, this is painfully vivid. Dead Island had a great trailer but was let down by the game's actual content.
That's an excellent point.

Dead Island had a great trailer.
Metro DELIVERS on its great trailer.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Why are there door controls on the outside?

Also, there's some friendly fire just waiting to happen with Mr Rides-a-Monster and Mr Grenades McGee is a couple of seconds away from decimating his own reinforcements.

Ok, fine, it was a cool trailer.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Really good trailer my fave part was probably the guy fighting the mutant on him with one hand and also trying to hold the tale of the mutant trying to get to the crib. That or the guy who was blind who was trying to feel out in front of him and there was a mutant there leaping on him. It was really heavy and I thought it greatly captured a story without using any words.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Truly a great trailer, pulled a bit at my heartstrings even though "time was paused" while the camera panned throughout the metro to show various scenes that happen.

Don't see many trailers like this these days. Can't wait for some DLC for this game, I really enjoyed the story in it.