Metro: Last Light Reveals the "Survivors"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Metro: Last Light Reveals the "Survivors"

4A Games reveals the fate of the Preacher in the first of the Metro: Last Light "Survivors" trailers.

A lot of gamers are worried about their favorite THQ franchises these days: Saints Row, Warhammer, Red Faction (just kidding - nobody cares about Red Faction) and others are all threatened by the publisher's troubles. For some of us, that list is topped by Metro: Last Light, the post-apocalyptic horror-shooter slated to come out in early 2013. It's hardly THQ's biggest, baddest franchise, but in spite of its presumably-precarious future it's still being given the full-court press campaign.

The first Metro: Last Light "Survivors" trailer was released today, following up on the fate of the Preacher, the doom-saying nutcase who was last seen howling at panicked crowds while Moscow burned [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/5751-Metro-Last-Light-Enter-The-Metro-Trailer]. It turns out that he survived and that for him, at least, the end of the world wasn't all bad.

It's far from a conventional FPS trailer, but that's what makes it so appealing. Metro's strength is in its setting, and while my biases are no secret - I'm a pretty big Metro 2033 fanboy - I think it's brilliant to play up that aspect in the advertising, even to the point where there's no actual shooting, or gameplay of any sort, on display. At least two more "Survivor" trailers are set to follow, "The Model" on November 28 and "The Commander" on December 5.

Metro: Last Light [http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Last-Light-Pc/dp/B0053BSMPQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353609430&sr=8-2&keywords=Metro+Last+Light] is slated to come in March 2013 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, but not the Wii U.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
I'm throwing money at the screen!!

4A make a damn awesome game that the metro 2033 series has always promised, or something very nasty will happen to you!

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Can't wait for Last Light, especially since M2033 became one of my fave games.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
DVS BSTrD said:
I Still say he's a few beads short of a rosary.
I am going to have to remember that.

OT: I really, really hope that this game gets the release that it deserves!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
The last 2 RF's sucked, Armageddon had fun multilayer but after awhile it was just dumb I'd like a return to RF1 Only cross it with stalker and Armageddon!

I hope last light is less linear than 2033 >>

Pepparollin

Jun 21, 2012
Looks good. Excited to see where the rest of this series goes. Hope it's enough to hold me over til March!

Yellowfish

Nov 8, 2012
Well, I personally only read the book the previous game is based on, and I kinda didn't like it for various reasons. But the setting is quite nice. Guess I'll buy it when it releases, I just hope THQ will survive long enough to have it finished, or at least that when THQ sinks the game will be already in such a condition that a change of publisher wouldn't hurt it.