Mexican water turns people gay. And bald! Also, creationism is true. GO HOME, DARWIN!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
http://christwire.org/2011/11/mexican-government-warns-of-water-that-turns-people-gay/

...Yeah. Of course, considering that the name of the website is 'Christwire.org' and the tagline is 'Conservative values for an unsaved world', I have to question the validity of these statements.

Goddamn Christians! Making conservatives look like crazy assholes.

Also, I like how 'creationism is true! We win!' is regulated to a sub-heading. Water turning people gay is apparently a bigger story than 'Evolution is wrong!'

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Christwire is satire, like The Onion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christwire

ShadowStar42

Sep 26, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
http://christwire.org/2011/11/mexican-government-warns-of-water-that-turns-people-gay/

I would argue that it's the other way around, very few of the Christian Right's stances have anything to do with the teaching of the Christian church or the bible.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christwire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Sorry, but you really ought to do some research before posting stuff like this.

Edit: Oh, ninja'd. Dang.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
5-0 said:
Christwire is satire, like The Onion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christwire
I see. My mistake.

Sometimes it's hard to differentiate satire from religious beliefs. (This isn't really a jab at religion, but you do have to admit that the religious crazies are REALLY crazy)

Edit: Like Jack Chick. Jack Chick has some serious issues that he needs to work out.

DMal88

Oct 30, 2009
Chirstwire.org is meant to be a satirical site run by overzealous christians, it's like The Onion except it targets Christianity specifically.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Kopikatsu said:

...Yeah. Of course, considering that the name of the website is 'Christwire.org' and the tagline is 'Conservative values for an unsaved world', I have to question the validity of these statements.

Also, I like how 'creationism is true! We win!' is regulated to a sub-heading. Water turning people gay is apparently a bigger story than 'Evolution is wrong!'
Successful troll-site is successful ;D

It's okay, though! It's designed to bait the real nuts into saying they agree with the bullshit. The Onion posts it for all to see afterwards.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Broooo. I don't get it. Why does everyone already know about Christwire except for me? Usually I'm pretty up to date on these things. Was there some kind of time travel weirdness?

WAS IT JACK CHICK?

DMal88

Oct 30, 2009
K I probably should've refreshed the page before posting that lol my bad

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
*Yawn* Obvious trolls are obvious.

Seriously, you've got to take Poes Law into account.

It's kinda like how my old english teacher thought " a modest proposal" was serious,

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
Broooo. I don't get it. Why does everyone already know about Christwire except for me? Usually I'm pretty up to date on these things. Was there some kind of time travel weirdness?

WAS IT JACK CHICK?
I didn't know either, but I looked around and found an article reporting on cruel cat-fighting going on:

Scandalous!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
theheroofaction said:

It's kinda like how my old english teacher thought " a modest proposal" was serious,
Not so obvious. Religious nutjobs are always the craziest kind. Just look at some of Jack Chick's work. Seriously.

Edit: Oh. I looked up Poe's Law and it refers exclusively to religion. Nevermind me, then.

Baneat said:
Kopikatsu said:

WAS IT JACK CHICK?
I didn't know either, but I looked around and found an article reporting on cruel cat-fighting going on:

Scandalous!
Those FIENDS. Someone call PETA. They're those kitten's only hope!

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
theheroofaction said:

Not so obvious. Religious nutjobs are always the craziest kind. Just look at some of Jack Chick's work. Seriously.

Edit: Oh. I looked up Poe's Law and it refers exclusively to religion. Nevermind me, then.
Well, yes, Poes law was made for religion, but it really extends to just about every type of parody.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard you parody something, there really will be people that act like that, Jack chick to use your example, is actually worse than most parodys of nutjobism, even to the point that those who partially agree with him know he's insane.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Sometimes it's hard to differentiate satire from religious beliefs. (This isn't really a jab at religion, but you do have to admit that the religious crazies are REALLY crazy)

Edit: Like Jack Chick. Jack Chick has some serious issues that he needs to work out.
Yeah, that's one of the problems with satire, it has to be close enough to what it is satirising for it to sometimes be unclear.

Though, it gives you an out. I'm not painfully unfunny and a horrible person, I'm satirising painfully unfunny and horrible people...yeah, that's it.

Oh, IIRC, the Onion once did a bit about Rowling saying she was hoping to turn kids evil or something, and a Christian group thought it was a real piece and used it in an attack on her.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Kopikatsu said:

WAS IT JACK CHICK?
Well, I could tell that it was a joke site just from the stories you described. So, yeah, take that however you want.

DVS BSTrD said:
I didn't know about Christwire before this thread and now I wish I still didn't.
And turning you gay isn't the only thing Mexican drinking water can do to you.
Same here. But I happen to be really good about not caring about sites that basically just troll the internet by existing. Like whatever the name of that one site you mentioned was.
Obvioustrollwire was it?

Mexican water can turn you skinny!