Mexican water turns people gay. And bald! Also, creationism is true. GO HOME, DARWIN!

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
I see. My mistake.

Sometimes it's hard to differentiate satire from religious beliefs
This isn't the first time satire like this was taken seriously by accident on these forums, dont worry, you're not alone.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Those FIENDS. Someone call PETA. They're those kitten's only hope!
Um... did you not watch the Big Picture with Movie Bob today?

PETA wants to kill all pet cats. No, I'm not kidding. See the video for details.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
Kopikatsu said:
Those FIENDS. Someone call PETA. They're those kitten's only hope!
Um... did you not watch the Big Picture with Movie Bob today?

PETA wants to kill all pet cats. No, I'm not kidding. See the video for details.
I didn't watch Movie Bob's thing, but I already knew about PETA's issue with house pets, yes.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
To make this thread more interesting, I will add this compliation of failures. It should lessen the blow at least. When you feel bad about making it you can always remember, they failed harder.

Nah, I'm just messin with ya. Kinda. Still, a way better direction.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
After reading the first sentance I cringed with anger...
However, religion is just a reason to be hypocrytical.

As for being gay, I thought this was funny-

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
I didn't watch Movie Bob's thing, but I already knew about PETA's issue with house pets, yes.
Aww, you're no fun. :p

Although, in all seriousness, it is a pretty good episode. ^^

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
ShadowStar42 said:
Kopikatsu said:
http://christwire.org/2011/11/mexican-government-warns-of-water-that-turns-people-gay/

Goddamn Christians! Making conservatives look like crazy assholes.
I would argue that it's the other way around, very few of the Christian Right's stances have anything to do with the teaching of the Christian church or the bible.
Thank you for having brains.

Yes, idiots like this are not representative of Christianity itself, or even most Christians, and shame on you for judging an entire demographic by the minority when you, assumedly a gamer, have suffered from the exact same social idiocy. Shame.

And if it is satire, like some posters are saying, even better.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
People get laughed at for believing the Onion, you know.

Still, I'll give you some grace, considering that WBC is still crazier than these people.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
lacktheknack said:

Still, I'll give you some grace, considering that WBC is still crazier than these people.
The Onion and The Sun are obviously satire, though. Once religion enters the picture, you never know.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
theheroofaction said:
Kopikatsu said:
theheroofaction said:
*Yawn* Obvious trolls are obvious.

Seriously, you've got to take Poes Law into account.

It's kinda like how my old english teacher thought " a modest proposal" was serious,
Not so obvious. Religious nutjobs are always the craziest kind. Just look at some of Jack Chick's work. Seriously.

Edit: Oh. I looked up Poe's Law and it refers exclusively to religion. Nevermind me, then.
Well, yes, Poes law was made for religion, but it really extends to just about every type of parody.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard you parody something, there really will be people that act like that, Jack chick to use your example, is actually worse than most parodys of nutjobism, even to the point that those who partially agree with him know he's insane.
what is jack chick?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
lacktheknack said:

The Onion and The Sun are obviously satire, though. Once religion enters the picture, you never know.
You sure that it's obvious? I personally have an easier time spotting a religious satire than a political one, and then we have this site...

http://literallyunbelievable.org/

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Volf99 said:
theheroofaction said:
Kopikatsu said:
theheroofaction said:
*Yawn* Obvious trolls are obvious.

Seriously, you've got to take Poes Law into account.

It's kinda like how my old english teacher thought " a modest proposal" was serious,
Not so obvious. Religious nutjobs are always the craziest kind. Just look at some of Jack Chick's work. Seriously.

Edit: Oh. I looked up Poe's Law and it refers exclusively to religion. Nevermind me, then.
Well, yes, Poes law was made for religion, but it really extends to just about every type of parody.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard you parody something, there really will be people that act like that, Jack chick to use your example, is actually worse than most parodys of nutjobism, even to the point that those who partially agree with him know he's insane.
what is jack chick?
http://www.chick.com/default.asp

This is a real person. He is not a satirist.

lacktheknack said:
Kopikatsu said:
lacktheknack said:

You sure that it's obvious? I personally have an easier time spotting a religious satire than a political one, and then we have this site...

http://literallyunbelievable.org/
Eh. Political satire is pretty obvious to me, but religious satire? I can't distinguish between it and actual religious beliefs at all. Scientology may as well be a perfectly valid religion as far as I'm concerned. Makes more sense than Mormonism in any case.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
I like their Skyrim review....

http://christwire.org/2011/11/christwire-game-review-the-elder-scrolls-skyrim/

Parents, don?t fear, you can rely once again on Christwire to provide you with accurate information and analsis.
Today we will be informing you on a newly released PC console game called The Elder Scroll Skyrim. Bethesda games bombarded your children with this filth on 11/11/11, which is just like homosexual to pick that sort of date because it is clean and orderly and uniform just like their narcissistic selfs.

Skyrim?s Severe Affronts to your Christian child:
Man on man homogay marrying
Drug toking Skooma
Women in politics (jarls)
Worshipping false Gods
Bestiality relationships between Imperials and Argonian lusty lizard women
?Leveling up? satan?s magic. Worse than in Harry Potter.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Octogunspunk said:
I like their Skyrim review....

http://christwire.org/2011/11/christwire-game-review-the-elder-scrolls-skyrim/

Parents, don?t fear, you can rely once again on Christwire to provide you with accurate information and analsis.
Today we will be informing you on a newly released PC console game called The Elder Scroll Skyrim. Bethesda games bombarded your children with this filth on 11/11/11, which is just like homosexual to pick that sort of date because it is clean and orderly and uniform just like their narcissistic selfs.

Skyrim?s Severe Affronts to your Christian child:
Man on man homogay marrying
Drug toking Skooma
Women in politics (jarls)
Worshipping false Gods
Bestiality relationships between Imperials and Argonian lusty lizard women
?Leveling up? satan?s magic. Worse than in Harry Potter.
I broke out laughing at 'Homogay', but completely lost it at 'Beastiality relationships between Imperials and Argonian lusty lizard women'.

Can they honestly say that they don't want some of that Lusty Argonian Maid? I mean...look at dem scales. Yum. And the way she kneeds that loaf. Oh baby.

Before your execution however a Dragon attacks. I was NOT prepared for this. I did NOT know there would be dragons in this game and certainly not dragons so soon after I started playing! If I had known this then I would recommend that your children NOT play this game. Dragons are a symbol of Chinese power and strength over America and I cannot even believe that they are now invading our entertainment time, this is America not china! This dragon was fierce, like the orientalls stealing our economy, swooping down and flapping it?s wings wishing to oppress the entire world. I had to pause this game and calm myself down and raise my family?s American flagpole to its highest point before beginning again.
How could I been so foolish?! By playing Skyrim, I've been supporting the Chinese all along!

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
5-0 said:
Christwire is satire, like The Onion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christwire
I see. My mistake.

Sometimes it's hard to differentiate satire from religious beliefs. (This isn't really a jab at religion, but you do have to admit that the religious crazies are REALLY crazy)

Edit: Like Jack Chick. Jack Chick has some serious issues that he needs to work out.
I had my doubts as well... But then I saw this article linked below the article you referenced in OP.

Study: Sex Turns Straight People Gay and Turns Gays into Mexicans [http://christwire.org/2011/01/study-sex-turns-straight-people-gay-and-turns-gays-into-mexicans/]

Not hard to tell it's satire after reading that tagline.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
DanDeFool said:
Kopikatsu said:
5-0 said:
Christwire is satire, like The Onion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christwire
I see. My mistake.

Sometimes it's hard to differentiate satire from religious beliefs. (This isn't really a jab at religion, but you do have to admit that the religious crazies are REALLY crazy)

Edit: Like Jack Chick. Jack Chick has some serious issues that he needs to work out.
I had my doubts as well... But then I saw this article linked below the article you referenced in OP.

Study: Sex Turns Straight People Gay and Turns Gays into Mexicans [http://christwire.org/2011/01/study-sex-turns-straight-people-gay-and-turns-gays-into-mexicans/]

Not hard to tell it's satire after reading that tagline.
The Bible has warned us many times of this dangerous phenomenon, in passages such as ?Yea, and the straight men went into their wives, and were suddenly repulsed by the sight of their baby caves, as they craved now for hot man rods. But alas, the owners of the hot man rods had all turned into Mexicans! Behold!?
I need to read the Bible again. It sounds even more badass than I remember it being.

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
It's an honest mistake. When I first read one of their articles (a Portal 2 review) I thought they were being serious too. Actually, if you don't realize that it's satire it becomes even funnier.