Mexican water turns people gay. And bald! Also, creationism is true. GO HOME, DARWIN!

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
theheroofaction said:
*Yawn* Obvious trolls are obvious.

Seriously, you've got to take Poes Law into account.

It's kinda like how my old english teacher thought " a modest proposal" was serious,
Is your English teacher an airhead? Of all of the people who should know that "A Modest Proposal" is satire, an English Teacher would be at the top of the list.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Gregg Lonsdale said:
It's an honest mistake. When I first read one of their articles (a Portal 2 review) I thought they were being serious too. Actually, if you don't realize that it's satire it becomes even funnier.
Hmm...I can't find their Portal 2 review using the search bar.

What kind of God can there be if search bars don't...search?!

And here is a message from our sponsors: 51 Christian-safe words for the main female reproductive organ.

Puff Pillow
Fish Cave
Baby Door
Eve?s Tunnel
Satan?s Doorbell (Clitoral muscle)
Reverse Blowhole
Skin Wand Scarf
Egg Crate
Bullet Wound
Sin Flower
Moist Camel Hump
Harpy Nest
Canker Blossom
Silk Barnacle
Flap Dragon
Clapper Claw
Birth Cavern
Flesh Wrap
DNA Catcher
Frothy Creek
Satan?s Trap
Sin Muscle
Folded Flesh Leaf
Harpoon Target
Slurpin? Salmon
Devil?s Fun Slide
Ovary Hallway
Whispering Eye
Secret Fish Forest
Cat in The Hat
Sin Sliver
Devil Sponge
Baby Portal
Warm Potato
Snake Trap
Blood Sewer
Twaddle Dandy
Magic Crepe
Satan?s Rose Bud
Clack-dish
Neighbor of Anus
Pink Jello Box
Rank Weasel
Stripped Monkey
Front Business
Man?s Gift
Wizard Sleeve
The Liquid Slip
Fleshy Fault Line
Pink Velveeta Shell
The Pubic Pub

Think I'll go with 'Devil's Fun Slide'.

Edit: I find it kind of morbidly hilarious that the article in the OP is probably their only article that could mistakenly be taken as serious.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
It's not me I'm worried about, it's the people out there who share these views and are completely serious that I worry about.

Maybe Christwire can set up a little "To Catch an Uneducated Fundamentalist" series?

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Giftfromme said:
satire too http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
I remember falling for that one extremely hard, about five years ago. The whole thing just fits so well with what you'd expect closeted Christian American extremists to produce that I couldn't *not* rage at some of what I was seeing.

And then I learned that Pastor Fred is a character. Guy slips into atheist gatherings and conventions and pretends to lambaste the people there. It's all good though, apparently, as he's known by several people in the more active American Atheist community.

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Gregg Lonsdale said:
It's an honest mistake. When I first read one of their articles (a Portal 2 review) I thought they were being serious too. Actually, if you don't realize that it's satire it becomes even funnier.

Edit: I find it kind of morbidly hilarious that the article in the OP is probably their only article that could mistakenly be taken as serious.
http://christwire.org/2011/04/is-portal-2-safe-for-the-christain-family/

my bad, it's not a review. long-story-short, aperture laboratories is really an AIDS-infested bathhouse.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Broooo. I don't get it. Why does everyone already know about Christwire except for me? Usually I'm pretty up to date on these things. Was there some kind of time travel weirdness?

WAS IT JACK CHICK?
No, it was Satan worshiping Dungeons and Dragons players combined with AIDS infected junkie Rock stars that sold their souls to Satan.

EDIT: Had to link in a couple of Cthulhu Tracts to counter the talk of Jack Chick.
Why we're here [http://www.fredvanlente.com/cthulhutract/pages/index.html]
Who will be eaten first? [http://foo.ca/wp/chick-tract-satire/who-will-be-eaten-first/]

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
theheroofaction said:
*Yawn* Obvious trolls are obvious.

Seriously, you've got to take Poes Law into account.

It's kinda like how my old english teacher thought " a modest proposal" was serious,
I remember reading that back in my British Literature class. That was some messed up shit. Very happy it was just joking about it, but damn he really thought everything out for that. What was more funny though is that half the class thought the guy who wrote it was serious and actually ate children.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Gregg Lonsdale said:

And here is a message from our sponsors: 51 Christian-safe words for the main female reproductive organ.

Puff Pillow
Fish Cave
Baby Door
Eve?s Tunnel
Satan?s Doorbell (Clitoral muscle)
Reverse Blowhole
Skin Wand Scarf
Egg Crate
Bullet Wound
Sin Flower
Moist Camel Hump
Harpy Nest
Canker Blossom
Silk Barnacle
Flap Dragon
Clapper Claw
Birth Cavern
Flesh Wrap
DNA Catcher
Frothy Creek
Satan?s Trap
Sin Muscle
Folded Flesh Leaf
Harpoon Target
Slurpin? Salmon
Devil?s Fun Slide
Ovary Hallway
Whispering Eye
Secret Fish Forest
Cat in The Hat
Sin Sliver
Devil Sponge
Baby Portal
Warm Potato
Snake Trap
Blood Sewer
Twaddle Dandy
Magic Crepe
Satan?s Rose Bud
Clack-dish
Neighbor of Anus
Pink Jello Box
Rank Weasel
Stripped Monkey
Front Business
Man?s Gift
Wizard Sleeve
The Liquid Slip
Fleshy Fault Line
Pink Velveeta Shell
The Pubic Pub

Think I'll go with 'Devil's Fun Slide'.

Someone needs to do a NSFW rendition of Billy Joels "we didn't start the fire" using those words :p

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
Got ninja'd on the skyrim review :p

Still, with people like the Westboro Baptist church around, it's hard to tell nowadays who's trolling and who actually believes the stuff.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Kopikatsu said:
Those FIENDS. Someone call PETA. They're those kitten's only hope!
Peta and hope don't go hand in hand. :) I'm so glad Bob highlighted their... methods.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
5-0 said:
Christwire is satire, like The Onion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christwire
I see. My mistake.

Sometimes it's hard to differentiate satire from religious beliefs. (This isn't really a jab at religion, but you do have to admit that the religious crazies are REALLY crazy)
M law on satire: If something seams to be written by crazy people, it is satire, if it is over the top enough that their is no way it couldn't be satire, it isn't.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
After reading the first sentance I cringed with anger...
However, religion is just a reason to be hypocrytical.

As for being gay, I thought this was funny-
Did you read ANY of the posts?

Read posts 2-10

/facepalm

Also i like how religion is the only subject people can have an opinion on without actually reserching it at all.