Michael Atkinson Clamps Down on Defamatory Comments (especially if they're directed at him)

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
We should move this to forum games: "call atkinson a crook in the most imaginative way possible"

He's a crook, ranking somewhere between 9 year old candy theif and hilter

_tinned_magpie_

Feb 19, 2010
Dear god Atkinson, could you spit your pacifier any further if you tried?

He's a public figure with a controversial (translated: single-minded and woefully misinformed) view on the media, plus a corrupt and biased point of view on anything that disagrees with him. It's a guarantee that the Internet hates him. $20,000 for a frankly very weak insult is makes him look like a petty, immature jobsworth as well as a crook.

But then again, he was both of those before this newest fiasco started.

How old is this man, someone please tell me? I'd like to start a countdown for how long it'll be before he croaks.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Yo, Atkinson,

I'm real happy for you, and I'mma let you finish but Hitler was the most evil man of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Calumon: Silly! Playing never hurt anyone!

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
iLikeHippos said:
You can be fined for saying bad things on the internet?

Just me, or do you think the governments will become really fucking rich these past months?

Just track down each and every 13 year old on Youtube who posts dumb comments, and you're set for life, Mr. Atkinson.
Also, 4Chan. That site would give the government enough funding for their wonderful Christmas parties that will shut down the organs - never mind just the liver - of politicians the world over.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
Machiavellian007 said:
Andronicus said:
a man has been fined $20,000 for calling Atkinson a "crook".
Atkinson: D: *sniffs* Why would call anyone call meeeee a crook? You know, looking over my dozens of broken or forgotten elections promises, the fact I'm a disgrace to the Labour party and that I pay convince 'scientists' and the media to banhammer games. I'm FLAWLESS!
This pretty much sums it up.

OT: I'm not going to pull the "It's going the way of 1984" card just yet, but that time is certainly drawing near. Not allowing people to post anonymously would be good in some ways, but when you start using it to root out and accuse people over fairly small incidents, it's clear you're doing it wrong. I'm just glad I don't live there.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
bobknowsall said:
I'm just glad I don't live there.
I know what you mean. It's a very comforting thought.

Yet still, even though I'm 8,000 miles away from this moron I just can't ignore it. A person like Atkinson shouldn't be in any government position in any country.

Also, Atkinson likes to eat poop. And is still a crook.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
bobknowsall said:
I'm just glad I don't live there.
I know what you mean. It's a very comforting thought.

Yet still, even though I'm 8,000 miles away from this moron I just can't ignore it. A person like Atkinson shouldn't be in any government position in any country.
Unless that country is composed entirely of Atkinson clones. Mind you, they'd all go insane and kill each other pretty quickly, because his personality would be irritating to anyone who had to deal with him for extended periods of time. The twat.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Everyone's been insulted on the internet. I've been called far worse than "a crook". But Mr. Soft Skin wants to personally hunt down everyone who has ever insulted him and charge them for it?

I never thought Atkinson was a dangerous or unstable man, just one who firmly believes in something and intends to fix it (uninformed and unwilling to learn as he was). That's why I was so worried about him being in a position of power; I believed he was clear-headed enough to get things actually banned for good! Recent events seem to have proven otherwise... not only is he unstable, but unsupported by the rest of his peers.

I worry still. Just because the two biggest headaches to gamers (Jack Thompson and Atkinson)have both proven manic and obsessive doesn't mean the next antagonist towards video games being accepted as harmless entertainment will be so unhinged.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook, Crook.

You'd think that after a while he'd realize that we don't care what he wants, we care that he won't stop being a near sighted, narrow-minded ass that is the only obstacle between Gamers in Australia and R18 games.

I live in Canada and thinks that hes a douche. A guy on the other side of the damn world.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009

Oh God.

I mean really, Oh God!

Shit just got real! This is going to become like 1984! Oh no!

Well, at least we found out what the country in 1984 actually was. Yay.

CINN4M0N

Jan 31, 2010
My letter:

Mr Atkinson,

I read earlier of an incident regarding a Mr McQuillan from the AdelaideNow site. As I understand it, you seek twenty grand from a bunkrupt man, on the grounds that he hurt your feelings. You may not be aware of it, but this portrays you as a crook in the eyes of the general public. The irony of it, is that this occured after you've insisted that free speech is not compromised under the law that states people must identify themselves on the internet when posting about the upcoming election. Apparently this only holds true when people post favourably of you.

Also, I must point out a feeling of hypocrisy I get from all your shenanigans as a whole. I have here a quote, from you yourself. It is as follows:

Michael Atkinson: I assume the Gamers4Croydon campaign will involve criminal activities and dirty tricks, which is what I've come to expect from gamers.

Perhaps they should seek compensation.

All in all Mr Atkinson, I think you've demonstrated a total lack of maturity and complete disrespect for the rules of the game. Muzzling free speech, seeking compensation from a man who's bankrupt, the defamation of other parties, not to mention your support of censoring certain articles of mainstream media; these are all actions of a tyrant and a crook.

You sir, are both.

Best wishes.
EDIT: What ever happened to Jack Thompson?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Atkinson is a crook.

hey, maybe we could do Ghandi-style peaceful protests at Atkinson, maybe that can help knock him a peg or 2.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Mr Michael Atkinson of Australia is a larcenous house-robbing purse-snatching pommy bastard.