Michael Atkinson Clamps Down on Defamatory Comments (especially if they're directed at him)

Feb 19, 2010
CheckD3 said:
And he calls gamers worse than bikers, so he can insult us but we can't call him out to be the crook he is? Well that's just not fair, like at all

Michale Atkinson represents everything that's wrong with goverment officials, using the "games are bad" excuse to justify his hate for them, probably since he was made fun of for wanting to play as a kid, that or he was jumped by a controller and an NES on his home one day and wants to punish everyone for his problems...
ye he does call us gamers crooks evil etc...so we have the right to fight back

theSchlub

Mar 24, 2009
Atkinson is to Video game legality what Uwe Boll is to video game movies. Seriously, where do these guys come from?!

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
I like the way people discuss his flaws and berate him as if he cared and/or it affected him

THE MAN IS A CORRUPT, INANE OLD COOT, he cannot be stopped! We can only hope for dismissal or premature death

jack_hectic

Dec 24, 2008
Pararaptor said:
jack_hectic said:
ive emailed him a nasty letter telling him to f*cking let it go.

HERES HIS EMAIL!!!!

[email protected]
I hate to be the one to tell you, but that was not smart. It only supports his argument that mature video games encourage negative behaviour in people.
can we assume that michael atkinson's blatent robbery of a poor internet sap is negative, overall?

im just curious, where does he get all this negativity? if not from videogames, which is the current root of all evil, than... perhaps... its... *GASP*

MONETARY CORRUPTION!!!

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Atkinson is an empty suit. No intelligence what so ever. Living in his own tiny little world. I hope the shattering of it is a severe shock to him.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Kollega said:
Of course he does. Just like every iron ham-fisted dictator in the history of the world ever.

And he's a crook.
Bingo bango, this young sir has hit the nail on thee head

OT: I believe in free speech but he's taken it to far, he's power mad and a crook

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Using the email addy posted earlier, I shot off a message to Atkinson:

Mr. Atkinson,

I was very disgusted to see that despite assurances that freedoms of speech would be protected, you would go ahead and extort(and it IS extortion) 20 grand from a bankrupt man for stating his opinion that you were a crook. Do you know what that looks like? Yes, it looks like you are a crook: an underhanded, conniving, corrupt criminal. In your capacity as an an Attorney-General, you need to be held to higher ethical and moral standards than the average person. Not only that, but it was his OPINION! So now people shouldn't be afraid to say what they want, under their real names, as long as their opinions are nice towards you?

You sir, ARE a crook.

Most Sincerely,

Pretty good, and no mention of gaming so he can't readily dismiss it on that basis.

Toasted Nuts

Feb 17, 2010
Michael Atkinson touched me in my special region

LEGAL DISCLAMER: In the event of attempted lawsuit by aforementioned parties in above text, the term "Special Region" is neither specifically defined nor implicitly pertaining to one area of the body.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
This is horribly wrong.

I think part of freedom of speech is the right to say what you want without fear of reprisals. Basically what Michael Atkinson is saying is that freedom of speech should only exist as long as you have the abillity to horribly punish people for speaking their mind if you don't like what they are saying. At least in the US this is exactly the kind of thing we set out to prohibit given what could happen to someone for speaking their mind especially against goverment officials back in England.

I can't speak for the history of Australia except for the extreme basics, but I really hope that this gets the guy the boot big time.

In today's world Anonimity is one of the few things that allows free speech to continue to be entirely honest.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Here's an idea:

Revoultion! Kill Michael Atkinson!

Or at least get the fucker out of a job and exile him to the desert.

jack_hectic

Dec 24, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
The Great JT said:
Here's an idea:

Revoultion! Kill Michael Atkinson!

Or at least get the fucker out of a job and exile him to the desert.
Can't kill him, or we prove him right about the bad influence of games.

If we can get him to kill himself, that's a different story.
making him kill himself would be a bit much. i just want his constituency to fire him

i dont consider it impeachment- that gives the impression that govt. officials have more power than they should- and if we keep treating them like that, they will continue to be like that

the govt. works for US, or should! so WE are the boss of our govt, and we should rise up and act like it.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
S.R.S. said:
Pararaptor said:
jack_hectic said:
ive emailed him a nasty letter telling him to f*cking let it go.

HERES HIS EMAIL!!!!

[email protected]
I hate to be the one to tell you, but that was not smart. It only supports his argument that mature video games encourage negative behaviour in people.
So you didn't send him an email then? I doubt it's real though.

OP: Fingers crossed he doesn't find this website. I think we all would make him a millionaire.
No, that's not it. Yahtzee already posted his address here before, which I'm pretty sure was something different.

Unless he has two addresses or something.