Michael Atkinson Once Again Dismisses Gamers

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
here is a very easy way too keep kids from playing 16+ games: hise it / place it where kids cant reach it / find it

Dimbo_Sama

Mar 20, 2009
if "It does not follow that a game is more interesting to an adult simply because it contains extreme violence, explicit sexual material or highly offensive language."

Then the opposite is also true. Herein lies the essence of his ignorance.
'I'll make a point that's in favour of your cause to use in favour of my cause, and not even note the irony of what I'm saying.'

Ironic

Sep 30, 2008
Greasemoicockneypalm said:
Guys, you were doing just fine before violent games came out, get the fuck over it. What do you want out of games, nightmare simulators?
I can't believe you posted this, without realising that your nightmare simulator comment was rendered COMPLETELY REDUNDANT when you have a picture of The Hitcher as your profile picture.

[sup] Listen to what the hitcher says at 6 minutes. That makes him pretty much, Michael Atkinson. So, you have Michael Atkinson as your profile picture...so you and he are THE SAME PERSON![/sup]

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Heres an idea people, if your going to buy a game, show an ID, so kids cant buy games that are R+18, like the rest of the world

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
Tempest Fox said:
seule said:
And sadly, he can challenge anyone to stand against him, because he is in what's considered a "safe" labor seat, that is, it would take something extraordinary occurring for him to lose at the next election.
How about Yahtzee running against him? Outspoken, pulls no punches, already has a hate for the guy anyway. Realistically probably wouldn't work out too well as far as The Escapist in general goes, but one can dream right?
he would in fact have instant support, but hes busy enough with ZP and the Mana bar.
still...

Drundy

Dec 9, 2009
If he thinks games are the cause of violence he is rong.I mean in the medieval times even before, there was plenty of violence, even more then now.There was no TV no games,nothing.This is the nature of the human race.

D.L.390

Jan 16, 2010
Sexy Street said:
I hate this man with all my might, and wish to see him fall from a very high place. Freedom of speech is dying in australia.

It died a loooong time ago. And soon it'll be cremated, with the internet filter.

JackShandy

Feb 27, 2010
The essential stance of the Anti-R18+ crowd:

MICHAEL ATKINSON: You see this alcohol? A CHILD COULD DRINK IT. Therefore, NO-ONE SHOULD EVER BE ALLOWED ALCOHOL. Q.E.D.

MICHAEL ATKINSON: Unless they get it illegally or something, and then we can't really stop them.