Michael B. Jordan Talks Fantastic Four, Would "Gladly Do It Again"

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Michael B. Jordan Talks Fantastic Four, Would "Gladly Do It Again"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1009/1009422.jpgMichael B. Jordon has called his time on Fox's Fantastic Four a "lesson", and has no regrets on the experience.

Most of us at The Escapist weren't impressed with Fox's Fantastic Four, and have no problem <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/cinemarter/14417-Fantastic-Four>dissecting its faults or <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142847-Fantastic-Four-Switches-From-Fox-To-Marvel-For-X-Men-TV-Rights-Rumor>dreaming up superior versions. But we also had no stake in the film - reading all the negative reviews had to hurt if you were an actor on set. But Michael B. Jordan, who played the role of Human Torch Johnny Storm, seems to be taking it in stride. In fact, he considers the whole thing to be a learning experience, one which seemingly hasn't soured him on superhero films.

"I got out of there pretty clean," Jordan said when asked about Fantastic Four's bad press on Bill Simmons' podcast. "It's one of those things where it was a lesson for me that really made me realize that things aren't in your control.

"You can get up everyday and be like 'I'm going to give 110% to this one thing' or to anything and [it's still not going to turn out] how people want it," Jordan continued. "It doesn't mean that you're a failure or it doesn't mean that you didn't do a great job, it just means that as a whole, as a project, there are so many other pieces that are moving that have nothing to do with you that determine the outcome of a film."

It's a healthy perspective to have, especially since Fantastic Four didn't hurt Jordan's career at all. His performance in the new Rocky sequel, Creed, has received glowing praise from multiple outlets, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/cinemarter/15065-Creed-Review>including our own. Fantastic Four will likely be a blip in an otherwise great year for Jordan, one which he still doesn't regret.

"I would gladly do again," he said. "[Being] a comic book fan, it was just like a dream come true being able to play that character."

And let's all remember: Before 2015, the last person to play Johnny Storm in a bad Fantastic Four film <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165168-Captain-America-Civil-War-Gets-First-Trailer>went on to lead the freaking Avengers. If Jordan returns to superheroes in a few years, who knows? Maybe he'll give us something truly spectacular.

Source: GamesRadar

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
This is a good take on it and I definitely give him respect for taking this with good stride.

Sep 14, 2009
good for him, I love him as an actor and would love to see him come back into the comic book world again, hopefully as a different character that will play a better role.

Pumped to see creed tonight, it really looks like he went all out for that role.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
That's the classiest way to say "I did the best I could with what I was given to work with, so the failure is more of the writer's, director's, and producer's fault" I ever read. Good on him; I hope he finds more work after Creed. Might want to stay away from superhero movies for a while.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
He seems to be the only person who worked on the movie who wasn't a total dick on set from what I've seen. Mr.Fantastic was a douche who nearly fought with the director, who apparently was always late. And Kate Mara seemed to be there for a paycheck post House of Cards.

Hoping Creed is good, I've liked Michael B. Jordan since I saw him in The Wire.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fanghawk said:
And let's all remember: Before 2015, the last person to play Johnny Storm in a bad Fantastic Four film <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165168-Captain-America-Civil-War-Gets-First-Trailer>went on to lead the freaking Avengers. If Jordan returns to superheroes in a few years, who knows? Maybe he'll give us something truly spectacular.
Spectacular?

...Michael B Jordan confirmed as Miles Morales in upcoming Civil War movie!!!!!

...sorry, had to.

It'd be funny if he ended up replacing Evans, though.

This is seriously a good attitude, though. He's a good actor from what I've seen of him, so it'd be cool to see him in a good superhero flick.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I do feel for any ambitious actors caught up in a cynical film project such as this one, and it is a great attitude he has here. If only more budding artists could retain similar philosophies for their experiences. Hopefully his future work will not be tainted by other people's mistakes. It isn't really fair to compare him to the previous actor who got a lucky break, as casting is most often a moment's chance. The best of wishes for him!

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
Fanghawk said:
If Jordan returns to superheroes in a few years, who knows? Maybe he'll give us something truly spectacular.
HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DO YOU GET IT GUYS

No but seriously I think Jordan would make a fucking fantastic Miles Morales.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
TristanBelmont said:
Fanghawk said:
If Jordan returns to superheroes in a few years, who knows? Maybe he'll give us something truly spectacular.

He's too old for Miles, who was like 12, but I think he could do a good Static.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
synobal said:
TristanBelmont said:
Fanghawk said:

He's too old for Miles, who was like 12, but I think he could do a good Static.
Holy stuff and things, you're right. He'd be perfect.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Maybe he could be the younger Dubstep Electro?

But seriously, another comic book movie would be a good career choice. Just, not with Fox.